Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Micro-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: ***Newbies check in here 1st and introduce yourselves.***

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2011, 02:11 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default ***Newbies check in here 1st and introduce yourselves.***

First off, welcome to RCC and Losi Micro Rockcrawler Forum! Please use this thread to introduce yourselves and show/tell us about your Losi McRc ride without starting a thread unless you also plan contribute tech or a step by step buildup.

At the top of this forum are stickied threads which contain most of the info to commonly asked questions when first visiting this forum. Some of these guys have worked hard to supply info on the most common mods (some are free too!), best upgrade parts, and scale bodies. Give them a look and also use the search function to find specific info to your questions......it's all there.

There's also a great picture archive of user's rides to feed everyones desire to obtain ideas to build their own version, I've drooled plenty over some in there. Post up and show us what you got in there too.

Enjoy the forum and everyone play nice.........

Support our site and spend $20 for a star!!! RCCrawler.com Bulletin Board - Announcements in Forum : Losi Micro-Rock Crawler

Last edited by Midlife Crisis; 10-26-2011 at 06:09 PM.
Midlife Crisis is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-22-2011, 03:06 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Good idea bud.
Hydro-Tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 04:39 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

sticky this!
And please as said make use of the search! many of your questions have already been answered multiple times. adding another post asking the same question about a lipo,motor,ESC,or servo ECT only pushes relevant posts farther back down the thread making them harder to find and adds more irrelevant posts to the search results. who knows you may even find more than what you were looking for
spoo76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 04:54 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

I stickied it Spoo, so it would stay at the top.
Old 10-22-2011, 04:57 PM   #5
rik
RCC Addict

great idea. this needed to be done. i was gonna chime in with my "do i need a bec?" wise *** comment. but, i wont.
rik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 05:03 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

I agree rik, next "What happened to my esc? " thread or "Which tires?" thread is getting axed. We need to greet and answer questions once they are posted in here to keep them out of the main flow of the forum. Kinda the point of my thread here.
Old 10-22-2011, 06:28 PM   #7
rik
RCC Addict

i know too many stickies is kind of ridiculous, but, how about sticky'in the Lipo thread and the What happened to my servo thread?
Old 10-22-2011, 07:08 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

Too many IS ridiculous. Have you seen MTF's forums? I have and am considering a battery thread sticky to keep that traffic down too. Spoo76 gets irritated at those I've noticed. He's pretty damn knowledgeable about the subject tho!
Old 10-22-2011, 07:26 PM   #9
rik
RCC Addict

what if we had a 'guide " of sorts. like the mrc forum? this one...The beginers guide to the MRC.

something like

My servo is twiching, what is wrong with it?
Then the answer goes here

My esc has no forward or reverse but i still have steering. whats wrong with it?
then the answer goes here

ect,ect,ect,

might be able to clear a few of the stickies up with this. i dunno, just an idea.

i know the "whats wrong with my servo" threads kill me. there are too many. 2 weeks ago there were 3 of them on the first page of this forum.
Old 10-22-2011, 07:43 PM   #10

Hey everyone, I'm a new guy here. I've been lurking for about 4 months now, but i didnt sign up until just this last week. I didnt feel the need to, all the info i find on here is all i needed! I appreciate everything that has been posted thus far.

I saw the McRC at a hobby shop and i had to have it. Loved it immediately, just needed a few mods (that i found here) and like you all know, it became an addiction.

I work at a speedshop as an engineer. I like fast cars, i do NOT like trucks. So i really had no idea how much i actually love crawlers. Naturally, i saw the micro SCT, so i bought that about a month after the crawler. I spent a bunch to make it brushless, 2.4, and DURABLE.

So i got bored. I set out to build this high speed 4wd drifter, and i did it. I picked my crawler back up, and took it apart. i was inspired by some of the guys styrene builds on here, so i went to the LHS, bought some 1/8in and made a chassis. I thought it was pretty cool, but then again, i had never even seen what "comp crawlers" and "tubers" looked like. Either way i used the info from here to make extended shocks, wheel widening, wheel weights, diy beadlocks, extended links and driveshaft. Even on stock tires there was nothing in my "Couch crawler course," that could beat me anymore.

I took that one apart. It was too tall, so it wouldnt side hill, and it didnt use its space very well. Lots of problems, but a decent first attempt. I wanted to make a chassis that actually looked like something, so i copied a chassis for a 1/10 made by DMG.

NOW, i'm interested in taking on a scaler. I'll be trying a 1/20 Nissan Hardbody. So far i've done nothing original, its all been thanks to the great builders on this site (and the other sites you guys frequent), so thanks guys, and keep up the GREAT work.
TheHotOven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 07:59 PM   #11
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midlife Crisis View Post
Too many IS ridiculous. Have you seen MTF's forums? I have and am considering a battery thread sticky to keep that traffic down too. Spoo76 gets irritated at those I've noticed. He's pretty damn knowledgeable about the subject tho!
Haha I dont get irritated i just like to remind people to search if i know the thread exists. Sometimes i dont remember all the details off hand
BTW the lipo thread that exist is pretty good and has lots of opinions on different brands and where to buy them. currently the best deal Ive found shipping from the US is valuehobby.

rather than have a bunch of stickies we can have one main sticky with all the info already discussed and links to the existing relevant threads. Im sure the first thread here could be modified with that info so people can see the info right when they post here for the first time. sort of a welcome mat haha
Old 10-22-2011, 08:16 PM   #12
DVS
Pebble Pounder

Hi TheHotOven welcome to the forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoo76 View Post
rather than have a bunch of stickies we can have one main sticky with all the info already discussed and links to the existing relevant threads. Im sure the first thread here could be modified with that info so people can see the info right when they post here for the first time. sort of a welcome mat haha
I like this idea
DVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 08:17 PM   #13
Rock Crawler

Default Welcome TheHotOven

Killer rides dude! I got the SCT addiction too. Your officially the 1st Newb to check in!
Old 10-22-2011, 08:21 PM   #14
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoo76 View Post
Haha I dont get irritated i just like to remind people to search if i know the thread exists. Sometimes i dont remember all the details off hand
BTW the lipo thread that exist is pretty good and has lots of opinions on different brands and where to buy them. currently the best deal Ive found shipping from the US is valuehobby.

We'll get it all ironed out dude. It's all time and intelligently grouping it together.
Old 10-23-2011, 08:44 AM   #15
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midlife Crisis View Post
We'll get it all ironed out dude. It's all time and intelligently grouping it together.
Agreed, and thats why I leave it up to the mods and admins. Ive done that before on car forums and its like being a babysitter for free *not fun*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHotOven View Post
NOW, i'm interested in taking on a scaler. I'll be trying a 1/20 Nissan Hardbody. So far i've done nothing original, its all been thanks to the great builders on this site (and the other sites you guys frequent), so thanks guys, and keep up the GREAT work.
Awesome tuber man, cant wait to see what you come up with next
Old 10-23-2011, 11:22 AM   #16
I wanna be Dave

I just posted a reply to someone about the battery thread and noticed its fallen back a few pages.
in this thread there are plenty of opinions on batteries,chargers,sizes,places to purchase,brands and links to relevant info
Post your Battery Finds Here!!
Old 10-23-2011, 11:33 AM   #17
Rock Crawler

Done Spoo. Damn informative thread will stay at the top. Breath easy!
Old 10-23-2011, 11:38 AM   #18
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHotOven View Post
Hey everyone, I'm a new guy here. I've been lurking for about 4 months now, but i didnt sign up until just this last week. I didnt feel the need to, all the info i find on here is all i needed! I appreciate everything that has been posted thus far.

Welcome!!!
Hydro-Tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 05:45 PM   #19
RCC Addict

My title says I'm a noob. I'm too darn old to be a noob though...
TheScaleAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 11:27 AM   #20

Default I'm a nube :(

ok this will be my first rc crawler build ever i usually just make custom parts for my cousins' jato's but i thought about getting into making a micro crawler to compete with some of my friends. below is my build list and i would like to know if anyone thinks its a good set-up?????

1/24 Losi Micro Crawler RTR
Micro Wheel Widener Kit from crawlerx.net
Blade TMC Chassis from crawlerx.net
Links and Driveline Extension Kit from crawlerx.net
2 Blue Sterring Drag Links from hot-racing.com
Aluminum Main Gear Box Cover from hot-racing.com
Aluminum Main Center gear Case from hot-racing.com
Blue Internal Spring Air Shocks (4) from hot-racing.com
Hard Aluminum 56T Spur Gear from hot-racing.com
Blue/Silver Aluminum Rear Axle Lock-Out from hot-racing.com
2 Servo Mounts w/ Battery Mount Plate from hot-racing.com
2 sets of Aluminum C-Hubs for Micro Crawler from hot-racing.com
2 sets of Aluminum Steering Knuckles from hot-racing.com
Brass Bushing King Pins from hot-racing.com
Micro Wheel Weight Kit #3 from billet-works.com
2 Losi LiPo Charger/Battery Combos for Losi Micro from rcplanet.com
4 Rock Crusher Micro Crawler Tires and Foam from store.rc4wd.com

after these parts i will get this stuff for 4WS and DIG

Losi Micro Crawler Front Axle on rear

Losi Micro Crawler Steering Servo

Redcat Racing Sumo Crawler 4WS for Front Steer, Crab Steer, Monster Truck Style Steer, and Rear Steer

Custom Two-into-One Battery Connector for Two Battery Hook-up

Two Micro DIG Units

4 or 5 Channel 2.4GHz Radio

1/24 Scale Interior/Driver

Micro Sized Sponsor/Number/Letter Stickers

Is this a good build idea or no???
peck126 is offline   Reply With Quote