Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Micro-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: AnimalHippie Goes Micro!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2018, 05:27 AM   #21
RCC Addict

Default Re: AnimalHippie Goes Micro!

Spent some time in the garage last night. Pulled the shocks off the black trekker and the RX out of the dingo and plugged everything in on the comp rig. so I could find out what is what. It moves! It wasn't moving like it should tho. Very jerky and weird. Figured ESC probably needs calibration. When I went to do that I found one of the motor wires had come lose. The motor is a cool tiny revolver type motor. Didn't know that till I put power to it. I will try to rewire it next time I get some time. Almost looks like it's one wire that comes out of the motor then splits into 3 going to the ESC. The motor is a Spin HO46-8800kvAnyone have any experience with this motor? Also have to pull the servo off the trekker and put it on this rig. Which is fine with me it's a better one anyway. The one that's on it doesn't work at all. Here's a few pics

Last edited by AnimalHippie; 12-19-2018 at 05:49 AM.
AnimalHippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-19-2018, 05:34 AM   #22
RCC Addict

I haven't messed with brushless motors in some time but pretty sure that's why it was jerky, calibration may have a little to do with it but pretty sure if you connect that wire back up it'll be much smoother.
kincer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 08:51 AM   #23
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by kincer View Post
I haven't messed with brushless motors in some time but pretty sure that's why it was jerky, calibration may have a little to do with it but pretty sure if you connect that wire back up it'll be much smoother.
Looks like your having fun! The little truck you're working on now is one I bought in a bundle, but never had it running. The motor in the black truck is a custom wind motor and should be a good smooth crawling motor. If you noticed, some of the tire wheels are weighted with BBs and some aren't. Still looking for more shocks!

Just a few tidbits for ya!

Ernie
CODYBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 09:38 AM   #24
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CODYBOY View Post
Looks like your having fun! The little truck you're working on now is one I bought in a bundle, but never had it running. The motor in the black truck is a custom wind motor and should be a good smooth crawling motor. If you noticed, some of the tire wheels are weighted with BBs and some aren't. Still looking for more shocks!

Just a few tidbits for ya!

Ernie
Definitely having fun. K has been in the garage with me learning all the parts and lingo. She's getting into it more and more she wants to see these little guys run almost as much as I do. It's not far from running now brother. Just some odds and ends and it'll be on the rocks. Once I get this one going I'll start working on getting the black one going. Think we're gonna do a Jeep on that frame. Working on getting a Jeep body for the dingo. K wants to paint it and do all the details herself. So I figured we'd do a big brother/little brother thing with it. It's gonna need a shocks, servo, ESC and RX before we can even start getting it going. That's cool about that motor I always like custom stuff I'm always down for some tidbits
Old 12-21-2018, 11:23 AM   #25
RCC Addict

Well this little guy is still fighting me. Pulled the electronics out of it. Found another wire that the solder joint came loose. Resoldered it and got the motor to work. Put it back in the rig powered everything up and 2nd pull of the trigger the plastic pinion gear came off the motor shaft . Kinda aggravating, but that's life. Did some research on this little motor and after translating the web page. I found that it's a helicopter/drone motor and doesn't like much of a load. Hoping I can make it work out, but idk. Might have to look into other brushless micro motors or go brushed. I think I'm gonna put these little guys on the back burner for a few till I can gather up a few things for them. I don't like stuff to sit so I'm sure it won't be long till these guys are back on the bench.
Old 02-23-2019, 06:25 AM   #26
RCC Addict

Ok started looking back into working on these little guys. For the micro T I'm looking at this ESC https://www.gearbest.com/multi-rotor...pp_180563.html and using my tactic 200 RX/TX. Also a set of losi micro crawler shocks. Around $25 should get it going.

The micro crawler I'm not sure my plan yet. Have found a place in Europe somewhere that makes any gear you could want for my pinion gear. Only issue I have is I'm not sure if it will even fit. Guess I could do some custom work to the motor plate.

The spur gear is a HR 56T. I'm thinking a 15t pinion should be about the right tooth count? The motor that's in it is a spin HO46-8800Kv with a 1.5mm shaft. Other option is to get a different bl motor, but don't know if that would make any difference. Here is the ESC that's in it

Also need a servo for it. Probably go with the hitec 5065 just like the micro T has unless there's a better choice/price for that application. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks for any help
Old 03-05-2019, 12:11 AM   #27
I wanna be Dave

I'd get a 9t or 10t pinion. 14t is way to big IMO

Sent from my LGMP450 using Tapatalk
spoo76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 05:54 AM   #28
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoo76 View Post
I'd get a 9t or 10t pinion. 14t is way to big IMO

That's what I have been hunting for since you gaveme advice in the other thread. I found this one https://www.megasmicros.com/product_...b-10t-0p3m.htm and also found https://www.aliexpress.com/item/-/32610226085.html the second one is a lot with 8t,9t,10t,11t. Since this is a crawler and I'm trying to gear it low I'll probably just buy the single 10t for now and see how it works out. I put the one out of my servo on it, but couldn't get the gear close enough to the spur before the motor hit the trany case. Hoping these ones will be a little bigger. The description doesn't say the width of the gear.
Old 03-05-2019, 07:14 AM   #29
I wanna be Dave

If it doesn't reach try slotting the motor plate holes

Old 03-05-2019, 07:17 AM   #30
RCC Addict

Being a outrunner the motor can't touch. Notched the motor slots and found out that motor touched the trany case before gear was close enough.
Old 03-15-2019, 02:42 PM   #31
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimalHippie View Post
Being a outrunner the motor can't touch. Notched the motor slots and found out that motor touched the trany case before gear was close enough.

Hey Justin, I found a box with a few more Micro parts with some shocks for you. I will put together a care package later and send it your way.
Ernie
Old 03-15-2019, 02:51 PM   #32
RCC Addict

Quote:
Hey Justin, I found a box with a few more Micro parts with some shocks for you. I will put together a care package later and send it your way.

Ernie

You're amazing brother! Thank you!!! I've been getting an order together to get these guys going. Just waiting on uncle Sam to send me a check.
Old 03-21-2019, 11:46 AM   #33
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
You're amazing brother! Thank you!!! I've been getting an order together to get these guys going. Just waiting on uncle Sam to send me a check.

Were those the shock parts you have been needing? Not sure if those are all micro parts for your trucks. The kids across the street use to have a couple losi micro 2wd trucks that I bought parts for. I haven't seen them out running them for quite awhile so I think they finally trashed them. Have fun,

Ernie
Old 03-21-2019, 11:55 AM   #34
RCC Addict

Quote:
Were those the shock parts you have been needing? Not sure if those are all micro parts for your trucks. The kids across the street use to have a couple losi micro 2wd trucks that I bought parts for. I haven't seen them out running them for quite awhile so I think they finally trashed them. Have fun,

Ernie

I believe so. Still going to need to buy a set of shocks tho. Only 3 in that package are usable. That will give me some spares :-) always good to have back ups. Now just waiting on uncle Sam so I can get the other things for these guys. Appreciate the care package brother! Always having fun :-)
Old 04-02-2019, 04:57 AM   #35
Quarry Creeper

Can't wait for your parts to show up!
bolo79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 08:52 AM   #36
RCC Addict

Talking Re: AnimalHippie Goes Micro!

Alright, finally got my parts I ordered from China! I went ahead and pulled the brushed motor and trans out of the trekker and installed it in the comp crawler. Installed the micro brushed ESC I picked up from AliExpress. Decased a tactic 3ch rx. Also put the hitec servo from the trekker on it as well. IT MOVES!!!! I'm so extremely stoked! Now just have to figure out where to put the battery, ESC & Rx where the wires and everything will be out of harms way. Probably going to make a electronics tray out of some thin plastic or aluminum sheet. I will post some pics once I get everything sorted out. Going to try to get it on the rocks this evening at some point. Shot a unboxing/install video that I have to do some editing on before I can post it. I'll post that link as well once it's done.
Old 04-12-2019, 09:23 AM   #37
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Alright, finally got my parts I ordered from China! I went ahead and pulled the brushed motor and trans out of the trekker and installed it in the comp crawler. Installed the micro brushed ESC I picked up from AliExpress. Decased a tactic 3ch rx. Also put the hitec servo from the trekker on it as well. IT MOVES!!!! I'm so extremely stoked! Now just have to figure out where to put the battery, ESC & Rx where the wires and everything will be out of harms way. Probably going to make a electronics tray out of some thin plastic or aluminum sheet. I will post some pics once I get everything sorted out. Going to try to get it on the rocks this evening at some point. Shot a unboxing/install video that I have to do some editing on before I can post it. I'll post that link as well once it's done.
Old 04-15-2019, 11:17 AM   #38
RCC Addict

Here it is!

Still needs a little work, but it runs great! Everything packed in nice and tight. No room for anything else. Made a electronics tray from some plastic from the oil jugs I used to make inner fenders on my Trx-4. Worked out great! Driveshaft in the rear rubs the motor in one spot and need to shorten the center pieces of the driveshafts a little too get full flex on both sides. I'll get that done soon. Really like running this little guy. So glad that it's up and running. Now time to get a list for the trekker. Gonna get some crawl video of it sometime this week. Thank you again Ernie!!! The girls are loving running this little guy. They also send their love and hugs! Joss says she likes it better then the 1:10 rigs cause " it's so cute!" Lmao!

Last edited by AnimalHippie; 04-15-2019 at 11:50 AM.
Old 04-15-2019, 01:31 PM   #39
I wanna be Dave

Looks awesome!

Old 04-15-2019, 04:59 PM   #40
I wanna be Dave

Good to see you got one of them up and running!!! Tell Joss We would like to see some pics of her and her sister!
Marcia and Ernie

AnimalHippie Goes Micro! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Castle Creations Micro Mamaba X problemI have the micro mamba x with a 4100kv motor, Steelone232 Electronics 1 06-12-2018 08:56 PM
Micro Terrain Titans + Matchbox Baja Bug = Micro Monster Beetle nascarkeith Non Crawler RC's 14 04-06-2009 01:25 PM