Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Micro-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: OD/UD gears???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2019, 08:53 AM   #1
RCC Addict

Default OD/UD gears???

Does anyone know if they made a OD or UD gears for these little guys? I noticed that my micro comp crawler wants to flip over backwards when the rear tires get to a ledge when climbing. It's driving me nuts. That's the only thing really holding it back from being super capable. Thanks in advance!!!

AnimalHippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-11-2019, 02:44 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: OD/UD gears???

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimalHippie View Post
Does anyone know if they made a OD or UD gears for these little guys? I noticed that my micro comp crawler wants to flip over backwards when the rear tires get to a ledge when climbing. It's driving me nuts. That's the only thing really holding it back from being super capable. Thanks in advance!!!

It flips over when your rear tires get to a ledge and your front tires are already over???

As far as the actual question there are no upgrade micro worm gears for these made.
I don't know if it's the same ledge problem you're describing, but I know when hill climbing you want stiffer springs in the rear to prevent rolling over.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
spoo76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 03:03 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoo76 View Post
It flips over when your rear tires get to a ledge and your front tires are already over???

As far as the actual question there are no upgrade micro worm gears for these made.
I don't know if it's the same ledge problem you're describing, but I know when hill climbing you want stiffer springs in the rear to prevent rolling over.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Yessir, just flips right backwards. I was thinking about the stiffer springs today. I think I have some. After running it a couple mins today. I noticed the throttle having a bit to do with it. I'm going to throw a flysky Rx in it to see if it helps with that. Thanks for the advise and knowledge
Old 08-13-2019, 09:09 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimalHippie View Post
Yessir, just flips right backwards. I was thinking about the stiffer springs today. I think I have some. After running it a couple mins today. I noticed the throttle having a bit to do with it. I'm going to throw a flysky Rx in it to see if it helps with that. Thanks for the advise and knowledge
Hey Justin, Try running a taller tire on the front, it would give you a little overdrive. Also, weighted tires in the front only??
Ernie
CODYBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 10:37 AM   #5
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CODYBOY View Post
Hey Justin, Try running a taller tire on the front, it would give you a little overdrive. Also, weighted tires in the front only??

Ernie

I put some stiffer springs on the back. That has helped some. Having more throttle control with the flysky remote also helped. Yes only weighed in the front. Seems to do better with just those two changes. Might start hunting another ESC for it tho. This cheap one I have in it is extremely coggy when you try to creep.

OD/UD gears??? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RC4WD Gears or Axial Light Weight gears. OFFROADRCKOREA Axial XR10 39 10-29-2012 02:20 PM
***Giveaway*** - Mann Gears - HD Replacement Berg Gears mann0mann EnRoute Berg 72 06-20-2010 07:24 PM