RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Losi Micro-Rock Crawler (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/losi-micro-rock-crawler/)
-   -   Gears and driveshaft questions (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/losi-micro-rock-crawler/611415-gears-driveshaft-questions.html)

Dickie691986 09-01-2019 01:26 PM

Gears and driveshaft questions

Where can I get replacement gears for my Losi micro? Something other than the stock plastic. And how can I upgrade the drive shafts? Thanks.

spoo76 09-01-2019 03:21 PM

Re: Gears and driveshaft questions

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dickie691986 (Post 5959725)
Where can I get replacement gears for my Losi micro? Something other than the stock plastic. And how can I upgrade the drive shafts? Thanks.

If you are talking about axle gears the only drop in replacements are factory. If you are talking about the transmission gears there are a few threads in here showing how to upgrade to custom brass gears. There are also quite a few posts about custom metal drive shafts. Hobby plus will soon have some metal drive shafts for the CR24 that should bolt up to the Losi.
You should definitely make use of the search function in the specific losi micro crawler section because there is a wealth of information here if you look for it

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Dickie691986 09-01-2019 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spoo76 (Post 5959735)
If you are talking about axle gears the only drop in replacements are factory. If you are talking about the transmission gears there are a few threads in here showing how to upgrade to custom brass gears. There are also quite a few posts about custom metal drive shafts. Hobby plus will soon have some metal drive shafts for the CR24 that should bolt up to the Losi.
You should definitely make use of the search function in the specific losi micro crawler section because there is a wealth of information here if you look for it

Every time I try to use the search function it brings up just about everything and anything for all cars. It’s a bit of a pita. Maybe I’m using it wrong though. I’ll just have to take sometime and look back through everything I guess. Just figured I would make a quick post asking since I thought that’s what forums were for. I mean they used to be anyways. But thanks for the input.

ProjektONE 01-21-2020 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spoo76 (Post 5959735)
Hobby plus will soon have some metal drive shafts for the CR24 that should bolt up to the Losi.

Has anyone confirmed that these will work? I have a project thats been sitting for a few years since I couldnt find a set of driveshafts that would work. I thought about using the Orlando Hunter or F-150 driveshafts but have yet to dive in on it.

spoo76 01-21-2020 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ProjektONE (Post 5992357)
Has anyone confirmed that these will work? I have a project thats been sitting for a few years since I couldnt find a set of driveshafts that would work. I thought about using the Orlando Hunter or F-150 driveshafts but have yet to dive in on it.

The shafts fit onto the outputs. I know the length is close to the trekker,and should be ok. there's a chance the CR-24 is a bit long for the McRC. I don't remember. Either way it's easier to shorten than it is to lengthen.

1tuffmj 01-23-2020 07:47 PM

Go with the cr18 drive shaft

spoo76 01-23-2020 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dickie691986 (Post 5959736)
Every time I try to use the search function it brings up just about everything and anything for all cars. It’s a bit of a pita. Maybe I’m using it wrong though. I’ll just have to take sometime and look back through everything I guess. Just figured I would make a quick post asking since I thought that’s what forums were for. I mean they used to be anyways. But thanks for the input.

Didn't see your reply, try using the advanced search instead. Limit the search to the specific sub group. It works pretty well for me and it's pretty useful.