Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Micro-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Gears and driveshaft questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2019, 01:26 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Gears and driveshaft questions

Where can I get replacement gears for my Losi micro? Something other than the stock plastic. And how can I upgrade the drive shafts? Thanks.
Dickie691986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-01-2019, 03:21 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Gears and driveshaft questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dickie691986 View Post
Where can I get replacement gears for my Losi micro? Something other than the stock plastic. And how can I upgrade the drive shafts? Thanks.
If you are talking about axle gears the only drop in replacements are factory. If you are talking about the transmission gears there are a few threads in here showing how to upgrade to custom brass gears. There are also quite a few posts about custom metal drive shafts. Hobby plus will soon have some metal drive shafts for the CR24 that should bolt up to the Losi.
You should definitely make use of the search function in the specific losi micro crawler section because there is a wealth of information here if you look for it

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
spoo76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 03:40 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoo76 View Post
If you are talking about axle gears the only drop in replacements are factory. If you are talking about the transmission gears there are a few threads in here showing how to upgrade to custom brass gears. There are also quite a few posts about custom metal drive shafts. Hobby plus will soon have some metal drive shafts for the CR24 that should bolt up to the Losi.
You should definitely make use of the search function in the specific losi micro crawler section because there is a wealth of information here if you look for it

Every time I try to use the search function it brings up just about everything and anything for all cars. It’s a bit of a pita. Maybe I’m using it wrong though. I’ll just have to take sometime and look back through everything I guess. Just figured I would make a quick post asking since I thought that’s what forums were for. I mean they used to be anyways. But thanks for the input.
Dickie691986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 07:00 AM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoo76 View Post
Hobby plus will soon have some metal drive shafts for the CR24 that should bolt up to the Losi.
Has anyone confirmed that these will work? I have a project thats been sitting for a few years since I couldnt find a set of driveshafts that would work. I thought about using the Orlando Hunter or F-150 driveshafts but have yet to dive in on it.
ProjektONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 10:19 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjektONE View Post
Has anyone confirmed that these will work? I have a project thats been sitting for a few years since I couldnt find a set of driveshafts that would work. I thought about using the Orlando Hunter or F-150 driveshafts but have yet to dive in on it.
The shafts fit onto the outputs. I know the length is close to the trekker,and should be ok. there's a chance the CR-24 is a bit long for the McRC. I don't remember. Either way it's easier to shorten than it is to lengthen.

Old 01-23-2020, 07:47 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Go with the cr18 drive shaft
1tuffmj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 07:52 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dickie691986 View Post
Every time I try to use the search function it brings up just about everything and anything for all cars. It’s a bit of a pita. Maybe I’m using it wrong though. I’ll just have to take sometime and look back through everything I guess. Just figured I would make a quick post asking since I thought that’s what forums were for. I mean they used to be anyways. But thanks for the input.
Didn't see your reply, try using the advanced search instead. Limit the search to the specific sub group. It works pretty well for me and it's pretty useful.

Gears and driveshaft questions - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MIP driveshaft questions Hirschowl Axial SCX-10 4 03-24-2014 05:37 PM
scx-10 driveshaft questions... mcreil41 Axial SCX-10 2 12-31-2009 06:27 AM
Questions about spur gears and pinion gears... Chadworkz General Crawlers 6 12-03-2008 02:04 PM
Driveshaft Questions Got Rocks? Newbie General 2 01-14-2006 04:12 PM