Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: TCS Eclipse and Mini Edge?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2008, 08:06 PM   #101
Quarry Creeper

WOW...that's alot of request for an L-trail...how about the tubers...I want one of thoses...any hint on when they'll be release to public or even testers...I'll take a tester and pay for it...
slip408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-28-2008, 08:08 PM   #102
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by slip408 View Post
WOW...that's alot of request for an L-trail...how about the tubers...I want one of thoses...any hint on when they'll be release to public or even testers...I'll take a tester and pay for it...
Testers for the tube chassis will be handled in house and by Team TCS members.

When they are available they will be posted, no estatimated date to be posted right now. We were still hoping in the 6-8 week range (after Moab, so you will have to do the math on when that will be because I am too lazy right now.....).
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 08:43 PM   #103
Rock Crawler

Makin mine work!
crawler_king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 06:48 AM   #104
Pebble Pounder

Default Questions on battery mounting

I just have a question on the battery mounting options for the tubers. It's hard to tell from the photos for sure, but I'm trying to figure out if a Lipo pack is gonna still be able to fit on the front link and clear the tubes for the Edge tuber? Also, same question on the Eclipse since it looks like a servo mounted pack will for sure be out of the question. These guys look great, I'm just trying to figure out if it'll work for my plans before I end up drooling over the photos for another 6-8 weeks
redmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 07:03 AM   #105
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by redmike View Post
I just have a question on the battery mounting options for the tubers. It's hard to tell from the photos for sure, but I'm trying to figure out if a Lipo pack is gonna still be able to fit on the front link and clear the tubes for the Edge tuber? Also, same question on the Eclipse since it looks like a servo mounted pack will for sure be out of the question. These guys look great, I'm just trying to figure out if it'll work for my plans before I end up drooling over the photos for another 6-8 weeks
I can't confirm for sure since I don't have one in hand but I am 95 percent sure one will fit on the upper links, and Lexan trays are included with the kit.
Old 09-29-2008, 09:25 AM   #106
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by redmike View Post
christhebatteryguy from cheapbatterypacks.com also tell me they are workin on some new battery packs for the mrc for some new mounting options
think aaa packs
NeXt559 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 09:32 AM   #107
20K Club

I am loving my MaxAmps 860 2s Lipos (I have some 3s too but haven't run them, I want stronger driveline parts first). They are a perfect fit on my rig and were a huge improvement over the stock POS!

Plus mine fits even when using the much larger Mini LST shocks.

Here are a bunch of pictures.

Old 09-29-2008, 09:40 AM   #108
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley0706 View Post
I am loving my MaxAmps 860 2s Lipos (I have some 3s too but haven't run them, I want stronger driveline parts first). They are a perfect fit on my rig and were a huge improvement over the stock POS!

Plus mine fits even when using the much larger Mini LST shocks.
Your MRC looks kick ass Harley and I think I have some shocks like those lying around somewhere...Im gonna have to look into that Batt, looks like a winner

WHAT THE WHEELBASE???
k9popo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 02:02 PM   #109
RCC Addict

to be honest, when TCS releases the L-trail, i would like to see an option for just the side plates only, then you could make it whatever width you wanted...

also, Harley, what brand of MLST shocks are those?
STEEL_CITY_CRAWLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 02:06 PM   #110
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEEL_CITY_CRAWLER View Post
to be honest, when TCS releases the L-trail, i would like to see an option for just the side plates only, then you could make it whatever width you wanted...

also, Harley, what brand of MLST shocks are those?

like the X-trail, the L-trail will be just the side plates. However we will include any extra hardware and spacers that are needed to install it (with the X-Trail it was in a seperate hardware kit). The production L-Trail will not include a skid plate or anything, so I am not sure what you meant by "make it whatever width you wanted..."

The shocks were bought off ebay, I believe they are the 3Racing shocks but rebadged by E-racing. Very nice for about $30
Old 09-29-2008, 02:08 PM   #111
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9popo View Post
Your MRC looks kick ass Harley and I think I have some shocks like those lying around somewhere...Im gonna have to look into that Batt, looks like a winner
Thanks man I am so impressed with how capable this rig is. I absolutely love it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9popo View Post
WHAT THE WHEELBASE???
.............I hate you..................
Old 09-29-2008, 03:30 PM   #112
Kel

That is a nice setup you have there Harley, did you add any weight to the wheels?
Kel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 03:37 PM   #113
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kel View Post
That is a nice setup you have there Harley, did you add any weight to the wheels?

Yup, 1.5 oz to each front wheel and 3/4 oz to each rear wheel. It is PLANTED now but the tires are the weak point.

Here is my personal build thread:
Harley's Losi Thread
Old 09-29-2008, 04:59 PM   #114
Rock Crawler

.... and the wheelbase is.......
kikcaffine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 06:40 AM   #115
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley0706 View Post
The production L-Trail will not include a skid plate or anything, so I am not sure what you meant by "make it whatever width you wanted..."
oh, i meant to just take the side plates, and cut some delrin at home to make a skid and cross braces yourself.
STEEL_CITY_CRAWLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 06:15 PM   #116
Rock Crawler

i just saw that there is a few instock on tcs in the bargin bin.
cammok5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 12:56 PM   #117
Rock Stacker

Do you think these chassis' will work with the VMG axles too? I have a few sets of em that I want to use before I buy the MRC and if they'll work with these chassis it'll make my work a lot easier.
jaymillz517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 02:13 PM   #118
Pebble Pounder

ditto on that. i have some vmg axles too. i'm almost ready to get rid of them. but now.....
celsiusprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 02:14 PM   #119
Donkey Punch Champion!

Wow, these little buggers are cool. Thanks Harley, I just got the "package" you sent. I hope I can get my hands on one more MRC. I don't think I can get all 3 chassis' up and running this weekend, but I will try.

These Tubers are the sh!t. Thanks for having mine PC'd in Red. Looks really cool in person. You even took the time to assemble it with "those proto" parts we talked about. WOW, Josh you are the man!

Harley said he has 4 more Tuber's to ship out to "testers" better hit the PM button fast guys. These babies are gonna fly off the shelves.
BigBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 09:02 PM   #120
Rock Crawler

Dang wish that I had the dough to get my hands on another LMC so I could build up a tuber!!!!
Hmm maybe time to sell the ol King Lift scaler....
crawler_king is offline   Reply With Quote