Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Raul's Runt

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2008, 07:44 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Raul's Runt

I thought it was time to post my MRC build. Got one a couple weeks ago a day before our final comp. I ran it that day for about 20 minutes until the servo took a hit. First impressions, out of the box I was not really happy with the performance. I guess thats the story with most rtr's.

So I took out the electrics tray, electrics, shocks and tires. I relocated the shocks to the chassis with mini LST shocks, the yellow spring came from a 1/18 buggy. I also made some spacers for the chassis with 1/4 alu. rod tapped to 3mm and added a rear plate.

I decided to go beefy on the servo so I mounted a tlt servo plate to hold the 5645. No turning problems now.

Still usin the stock steering links till I break em.

For new electrics I went with a Spektrum mini rx, Mamba micro pro, HH mini torquemaster and a 2s lipo for power.

The meats are M2 badlands cut/reduced thanks to e-hills4x4. I am surprised on how well they work. Way better than stockers. I just got some gladiators today they will be going on some killer BL's when I get em. Ohh and a grappler lid to bash on.

I was hoping to get my mini ss chassis by now but it looks like I have to wait another week. These little guys are great fun and I find myself taking it everywhere. Can't wait for the 1.9 comp season to start.

Here's a little crawlin action.http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...76295025138722
raul duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-17-2008, 08:59 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Wow, You didn't mess around did you. Or are you just trying to keep up with me? Looks like we will have some fuuuun 1.9 comps, I look forward to beatin, I mean competing against you.
carver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 07:31 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by carver View Post
Wow, You didn't mess around did you. Or are you just trying to keep up with me? Looks like we will have some fuuuun 1.9 comps, I look forward to beatin, I mean competing against you.
Gotta see what these little things are capable of by exploring their full potential.

Put the Gladiators on today, still waiting for beadlocks so no glue. Despite that they actually did well. I lost a 1/4" of ground clearance over the Badlands but gained a ton of stability. Managed to crawl my 60 degree ramp no problems (stock tires couldn't even make 50, Badlands came in around 57). Gotta wait to really test em.

raul duke is offline   Reply With Quote