Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Losi MRC capable rig?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2008, 10:49 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Smile Losi MRC capable rig?

I am new to rock crawling...but not to RC. I have a pretty beefed up baja 5t and this little old losi mrc. I pulled the spring preloads (c clips out of the top) and it made a hell of a difference. I ordered some parts to trick it out...my question is...Where can i watch guys run their rigs? I wanna see what a skilled driver does! I live in rocklin...And is the MRC a good choice to get into rock crawling? I saw the axial and it is cool, but not sure if i am ready to step up...If i get the weight in the right places and the right mods done, can i practice to compete in a mini class? Thanks For the Response...Big Jim
fishh8me is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-27-2008, 11:01 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

All you really need to compete is new tires and some weight in the front. These things are the same as the axial AX10 but on a smaller scale. You found the rite place to learn all the tricks and mods. Just read up and get some drive time. as for your local comps just go to compitions and look up your local club and they should have a date for the next club meet
tuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 11:17 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

Thumbs up

thanks gs....will do! losi blue claws and put the batt on the front for a start!!! Thanks for the advice
fishh8me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 02:13 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishh8me View Post
I am new to rock crawling...but not to RC. I have a pretty beefed up baja 5t and this little old losi mrc. I pulled the spring preloads (c clips out of the top) and it made a hell of a difference. I ordered some parts to trick it out...my question is...Where can i watch guys run their rigs? I wanna see what a skilled driver does! I live in rocklin...And is the MRC a good choice to get into rock crawling? I saw the axial and it is cool, but not sure if i am ready to step up...If i get the weight in the right places and the right mods done, can i practice to compete in a mini class? Thanks For the Response...Big Jim
You just missed a comp in Folsom on Nov 9. it was a good meet there they ran a 1.9 class which your MRC runs in . I have the axial but I'am thing of getting the MRC also they are capable rig. There is another comp on Dec. in Manteca 1 1/2 hrs from you here's the link http://www.nor-calrcrc.com/forum just sign up you don't need any experience
radicalray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 10:31 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

im in truckee and there are plenty of places to go around there. ive been to folsom dam, but i usully do bprca comps in reno. no, you do not need to get an axial. you can make a badass crawler out of that mrc with a little time and a little more money , bprca does plent of 1.9 comps and as far as rocklin goes, check www.nor-calrcrc.com . that is going to be your comp/crawl day recourse for your area. hope that helps out with your problem.
madmax412 is offline   Reply With Quote