Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Need Your Help On Upgrades For MC

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2008, 01:25 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Need Your Help On Upgrades For MC

I know these topics are on here but there are so many options and opinions mixed through out the board. I am just wondering which ones everyone has found to be the best for what I want right now?? TIA

I Have a bone stock MRC, well its not here yet should be any day..
Don't care about entering comps at this point but who knows everything else I do I take it to the extreme..

What I want: better/ faster motor/ stronger servo or servo's for rear steer need rear steer parts also a decent lipo set-up and charger I wont out grow when the new 1/10 losi ends up at my house.

Ok I don't want to change out the esc if i don't have to?
Can my spectrum M8 controller connect and control the stock rec and be able to control the rear steer with my aux 3rd channel?
What vendor can hook me up with everything I need???
Thanks
bige is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-19-2008, 07:19 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Holmes Hobbies has a great motor (it's 50-50 your esc will handle it) Lots of different servo options. I run a hextronic 620 20c 2 cell lipo works great! I always like to run a crawler stock for a week or two so I can see if my mods improve anything.
Mr Glassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 07:51 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Holmes mini torque master. Tekken fxr esc (because yours will take a crap and at least this one has a built in lipo cut off), Hi-tec 654MG or bigger servo, anything smaller will burn up, and lots of searching on this site for other good ideas. Making your own four link suspension is a good start. Removing electronics tray and remounting everything, new tires! Either self made bead lock (plenty of post just on this forum on how-to), or purchase new aluminum from losi or dna. Adding weights to the wheels, and a lot of new after market steer/suspension parts are now becoming available. Good luck!!! I know I have spent a lot of time and money on this lil bastard and am loving it!!
Drvnbeing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 08:17 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

so far the best upgrades I have mde to mine are metal lockers for the axles and center diff's.I replaced the stock servo with a hhi tech 5245 mg servo(71 oz. of torque at 6 volts) i'm also using a mamba 25 esc and a hacker a-10 brushless outrunner motor(plenty f torque and wheel apeed) w/ a 2cell lipo.for a chassis I am using a dmg snipe tuber.so far all the mods work great.now i'm just waiting for the rest of my goodies to come in
jgmmotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 09:01 AM   #5

For mine i have been doing the cheap stuff first, i moved me lower front shock mounts to the lower link mount ala-badger:

Badger's Losi Mini Crawlers

put the stock battery on the rear axle using the zip ties that came with the packaging, hacked up my electronics mount, removed foams and added weights to my tires, so i far i have spent nothing and it crawls noticeably better.
dan1061986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 09:36 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

Yes you can bind this car to your radio. As for upgrades, lowering the CG by moving electronics free, the tires that come with it are OK but the Losi Blue claws or Losi Bashers seem to work better from what I have seen. Adding weight the the wheels really helps and IMO a metal geared high TQ servo really helps as the stock wont last to long.Cleaning up the front of the rig by up grading the steering linkages will also help. A LiPo battery that is smaller will make it easier to lower the CG and will give you more run time. The stock shocks will work OK with maybe a weight change in the oil but after market or the Losi Alum. shocks are better. Iam trying to keep my MRC stock but modded by the use of just Losi hop-ups. I did my first comp with a almost stock MRC (only lowered CG and High TQ servo because to stock one dumped) to see how much to hop ups will help. I have since gotten Losi shocks, Losi bead-lock wheels and Iam thinking of the Losi Bashers for tires. iam going to try and use the stock electronics for as long as they will last then go from there. This things are ALOT of fun, enjoy.
Big Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 12:55 PM   #7
Rock Stacker

Thanks for all the help
Now how do are you getting the stock tires off the stock wheels? Are you cutting around the CA glue or using acetone to break the glue down? Thought they were real beadlocks and was surprised when the i seen the bead glued.
Thanks
bige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 05:19 PM   #8
Pebble Pounder

I just pulled on the tire and they came right off the wheels. Give it a try, maybe mine just weren't glued very well..
RoCk SkuLLz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 06:02 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Some bent links help out a lot. I just slowly pulled on the tires and they came off real easy. You might want a razorblade handy. there were a few parts on the wheel that I had to cut the gule so I wouldn't rip the tire.
mutiny22 is offline   Reply With Quote