Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Diveshaft Longevity Improvement

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2009, 06:32 PM   #1

Question Diveshaft Longevity Improvement

The Losi Mini Crawler is my first crawler and I am absolutley hooked !!

FInaly got it onto some real rocks (ok they were bricks) and noticed that the driveshafts were getting a little beat up. :-?:-? If these were solid shafts I would not be concerned as the damage would be only cosmetic. The groves in the "rod" end of the slider were nicked, this would cause binding when they slide inward. I did notice a few very minor scratches on the "tube" end as well but far less then the rod end. So looking at the assembly of things, I was able to "flip" them around and put the tube end nearest the axles and the rod end up near the transmission, Using only a philips screwdriver. THis way if the tube gets scratched it is only cosmetic and won't affect the operation of the slider. Looking for any thoughs or suggestions on this from the more experianced "Crawlers" out there...

"CRAWL'N" the most fun you will ever have going slow......

Last edited by DESMOcrawler; 01-08-2009 at 07:14 PM.
DESMOcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-25-2009, 02:38 PM   #2

Thumbs up This change is coming to future production runs.

I was able to Private Mess Rich T. from Team Losi. His reply was that the QC guys at Losi had already found this out and it is going to be incorperated into all future production runs of the MRC.. So If you want your Driveshafts to live longer and perform better, do what the Losi guys are doing.. "Flip" your driveshafts around.. It only takes about 10 min and can be done with just a small philips screwdriver.

Just more proof that the Losi guys are "crawl'n all over it !!"
DESMOcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 09:46 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

It has been done by Losi, my shafts are flipped from the factory. Way to go Losi.
fixed13 is offline   Reply With Quote