Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Locker/Spool failures..

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2009, 12:41 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Location: The Dirty Dirty, A-Town, ATL, The A, Hot-Lana, ATLANTA GEORGIA
Default Locker/Spool failures..

Ok, so I'm sure if you've played with your crawler a little bit you've upgraded to metal lockers. When my front failed I removed the whole carrier assembly and found that the heads of all the screws on one side of the carrier had broken off leaving the threaded portion of the screw stuck in the carrier/ring gear. Anyone else experience this?
mrdrinksalil is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-03-2009, 01:39 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdrinksalil View Post
Ok, so I'm sure if you've played with your crawler a little bit you've upgraded to metal lockers. When my front failed I removed the whole carrier assembly and found that the heads of all the screws on one side of the carrier had broken off leaving the threaded portion of the screw stuck in the carrier/ring gear. Anyone else experience this?
Yup, I had two broken on each diff?! Many have had this problem. Contact Losi or Rich here and they can help you. Heck, I still need to do that for myself. I can use mine, but there are broken screws in both.
O.C.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 02:10 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

i broke 2 on the front and 1 on the back
MR. MAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 02:26 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Just upgraded my diffs. Can you you guys keep us posted on Losi's solution to this? Thanks.
difflocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 06:55 PM   #5
RcBros Hobbies

Just took mine apart and two of mine were broken, curious if this is why my ring and pinion failed on me as well.
RcBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 08:13 AM   #6
pup
Quarry Creeper

Any updates to this? I broke my front on the finals course at ECC and ordered the lockers when we got back. Just took it apart and ALL 4 screws on 1 side are broken.

Any tips to fix this? I have a comp on Sunday and want to run this thing. Has anyone tried drilling them out to 3mm? Does not look like there is much material there for that but I REALLY want this thing fixed.

EDIT: After looking at it some more, has anyone tried running these with NO screws on 1 side? It looks like with a metal locker it MAY work for a while until I can get replacement parts. I have a PM in to Rich hopefully he will have an answer for me.

Last edited by pup; 04-17-2009 at 08:32 AM.
pup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 11:16 AM   #7
Rock Crawler

My front is epoxied together and working fine since Feb, they should stay together without screws unless the case fails though.
Failedabortion is offline   Reply With Quote