Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: RcBros MRC Prototype Chassis

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2009, 11:17 AM   #61
Quarry Creeper

done yet?
crawladan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-27-2009, 11:29 AM   #62
RcBros Hobbies

Side plates are done, just working on how I want the skid. Trying to keep costs low but want versatility. Some of the aftermarket motors make fitment an issue. I'm want this thing to work, and work good! LOL. Soon
RcBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 10:00 AM   #63
Pebble Pounder

cant wait. i want one
mxer611 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 11:45 AM   #64
RcBros Hobbies

Here's where I'm at right now.. I've got 5 sets of side plates made. I'm trying to decide what I think will be best for the skid plate. Either run it as I've shown, cut out the center like most of my competitors, cut it similar to stock so the links mount against the skid and TVP's, or create an open rod system with spacers that allow you to move the links left to right to your preference.

Is there anyone who has skid material avaialble who would like a pair of sideplates for testing? If so pm me with you information and your plans and I may send a few over.

I know its taking forever, I just want to produce a product worth dominating!
Old 03-29-2009, 01:40 PM   #65
RCC Addict

I really like the idea of the open rod system with spacers! That would eliminate and possible hang ups and still give the ability to tune your ride! Plus nobody else is doing that!!!!! way cool idea and looking forward to see the finished product! Keep up the good work!
Mr. Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 01:44 PM   #66
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by RcBro View Post
Here's where I'm at right now.. I've got 5 sets of side plates made. I'm trying to decide what I think will be best for the skid plate. Either run it as I've shown, cut out the center like most of my competitors, cut it similar to stock so the links mount against the skid and TVP's, or create an open rod system with spacers that allow you to move the links left to right to your preference.

Is there anyone who has skid material avaialble who would like a pair of sideplates for testing? If so pm me with you information and your plans and I may send a few over.

I know its taking forever, I just want to produce a product worth dominating!
Dont do stock, it's to wide and not enough tire clearence, esp once you do a OTA steering mod or even with the cv's and cut donw knuckles.
I like the first picture of the skids design, not sure what a open rod design is ?but I picture a long shaft that you just put what spacers where you want then to move the placement of the rods between the tvps?
Joat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 02:19 PM   #67
RcBros Hobbies

I won't be doing stock width, I simply meant mounting the links similar to stock. Width will stay the same.
Old 03-29-2009, 04:45 PM   #68
Rock Crawler

I'd prefer outside between the skid and tvps as long as its narrower than stock width

Sticking with the 2mm hardware and stock rod ends on the skid side?
Failedabortion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 05:18 PM   #69
RcBros Hobbies

skid side will be 2mm most likely.. May do 3mm if I decide to go the solid rod route with spacers.. Width is 1.5"
Old 03-29-2009, 06:35 PM   #70
Rock Crawler

Gonna make it with enough material to be drilled out for 3mm?
Failedabortion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 07:58 PM   #71
RcBros Hobbies

Yes there will be plenty left. I have some materials coming so I can test different setups.
Old 03-30-2009, 12:58 PM   #72
RcBros Hobbies

I think I have decided to simply offer to different style skid options, 1 will be like my prototype where as the other will be open ended with spacers likes I talked about before.
Old 03-31-2009, 12:14 AM   #73
RCC Addict

Thats a great lookin chassis. I'm going to have to get a new chassis for the mrc I picked up recently. With all the money I have sunk into my 2.2 comp rig and my scalers, I can't afford a chassis at the moment.:-(Hopefully soon.With out my old lady knowing
JRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 08:40 AM   #74

Looking forward to this and the scale chassis you are working on!

Picking up one of each as soon as they come out
Wible90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 10:29 PM   #75
RcBros Hobbies

AAHHH Where have we been? Alot are asking that, sorry for the delay guys. My real job and family have been getting the best of me lately plus I wanted to play with my RC's rather then build. But.. Were getting closer!

I think I'm going to ditch my previous skid design and go with what I have below. Spacers will be provided that will allow the user (you) to move your rod ends, inboard outboard or in between. This way you have 3 different angles to play with. Yet again more options!!

Keep in mind, I did this by hand with the dremel rather then on the CNC just for mockup purposes.

Will bolt up to the rig tomorrow after work!
Old 04-07-2009, 03:27 AM   #76
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by RcBro View Post
AAHHH Where have we been? Alot are asking that, sorry for the delay guys. My real job and family have been getting the best of me lately plus I wanted to play with my RC's rather then build. But.. Were getting closer!

I think I'm going to ditch my previous skid design and go with what I have below. Spacers will be provided that will allow the user (you) to move your rod ends, inboard outboard or in between. This way you have 3 different angles to play with. Yet again more options!!

Keep in mind, I did this by hand with the dremel rather then on the CNC just for mockup purposes.

Will bolt up to the rig tomorrow after work!
Looking good cant wait, please machine the locator recesses in the skid, this helps relieve stess to the tiny azz screws
Joat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 05:38 PM   #77
Quarry Creeper

That is a very nice looking chassis
Hillcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 08:16 PM   #78
RcBros Hobbies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joat View Post
Looking good cant wait, please machine the locator recesses in the skid, this helps relieve stess to the tiny azz screws
The skid will be redone in 3mm which will also be included This means you'll also use the 3mm rod ends which are more easily available. As much as I think the losi rod ends are sufficient not ever being able to get them due to them being back ordered is driving me nuts, so I'm going with something you and I can all get easily
Old 04-07-2009, 08:56 PM   #79
Quarry Creeper

had my lhs order up the dark wsoul looks like ill have to say sorry i found a beter one er at least alot cheper
rccrawlerguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 09:07 PM   #80
RCC Addict

Looking Good Man
Xtant3150c is offline   Reply With Quote