Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Axle plate that fits full size servo and battery?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2009, 11:08 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Axle plate that fits full size servo and battery?

Anyone know who makes a front axle plate that fits a full size servo and lipo battery. I have looked and can only find plates that fit stock size servos. Thanks
Wild Snapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-13-2009, 11:48 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

The biggest problem you are gonna face is the space issue. When you upgrade to a full size servo you loose all the extra space. I know for a fact that RCBros.com has a full size servo mount I just installed mine tonight with a Hitec 645MG. But with it in place there is no room for the lipo. Unless I put it on top of the servo.
CRAZYACE63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 11:57 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRAZYACE63 View Post
The biggest problem you are gonna face is the space issue. When you upgrade to a full size servo you loose all the extra space. I know for a fact that RCBros.com has a full size servo mount I just installed mine tonight with a Hitec 645MG. But with it in place there is no room for the lipo. Unless I put it on top of the servo.
Is the servo mounted to the side or centered on the RcBro plate?
Old 03-13-2009, 11:59 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

I made my own from Plexiglas. I put a small washer on the axle to space the wheels out a little and get a slight touch on the lipo. I will get round to fixing this soon, just need to make the Lipo sit a little further forward.

Last edited by ukbulldog; 03-14-2009 at 12:02 AM.
ukbulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 12:06 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

Thats what I'm talking about I was planning to just make something but wanted to check and see If I could buy one in aluminum for strength. Plexyglass I can do, aluminum is more work. I'm also running the axle wideners so room is less of a concern. Thanks UKBulldog.
Old 03-14-2009, 12:06 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

It is centered on the axle. I even use the stock steering links and they work fine. If you look at the MRC they built on RCClive you can see how it sits. Here is a link.
RCCtv 2/27/09

Go down a few posts and you will see the one that has the plate on it.
Old 03-14-2009, 12:19 AM   #7
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRAZYACE63 View Post
It is centered on the axle. I even use the stock steering links and they work fine. If you look at the MRC they built on RCClive you can see how it sits. Here is a link.
RCCtv 2/27/09

Go down a few posts and you will see the one that has the plate on it.
Its cool man, a plate with the servo mounting in the middle is not going to work with a battery next to it. I'm looking to put a small lipo next to a full size servo on the front axle plate. (Like what ukbulldog posted) Thank you for the info and suggestion I appreciate you post. Thanks
Old 03-14-2009, 12:37 AM   #8
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Up and over View Post
Thats what I'm talking about I was planning to just make something but wanted to check and see If I could buy one in aluminum for strength. Plexyglass I can do, aluminum is more work. I'm also running the axle wideners so room is less of a concern. Thanks UKBulldog.
No prob, good luck with it. I used a dremil to cut the plexiglas. post some pics when your done.
ukbulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 12:39 AM   #9
Rock Crawler

Yeah that is a good Idea that UK put up. Please post some pics when done I might want to do this also. Does seem like the best choice for lipo servo setup.