Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Losi MRC Ultimate Guide

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2012, 06:47 AM   #21
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Losi MRC Ultimate Guide

Awesome servo explained write up.

Understanding RC Servos – Digital, Analog, Coreless, Brushless
99xjlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-31-2012, 08:30 PM   #22
Pebble Pounder

Default Bodies: anything Japanese??

Finding scale bodies has been a challenge. I'm not interested in the American bodies out there (Jeep, Ford, etc) but would love to fit a Japanese marque on my MRC (esp. Toyota Landcruiser, but would settle for a Nissan Patrol or even a Mitsubishi Pajero). 'The dream' is to find a 1:18 scale 80 Series Landcruiser body (the 1:1 80 Series was produced from 1991 to 1999) and I know my brother would love a 75 Series wagon (aka. Troop Carrier or 'Troopy'). I know we'd both be happy with a 60 Series Landcruiser body too (1:1 produced from 1980 to early 1991), and maybe a 40 Series (probably easier to find, but still rare in 1:18 scale). A 4Runner or Hilux would be the other option.

I've searched these boards (and others) and have found only a few threads that discuss bodies for the MRC, mostly American bodies at that (primarily Jeeps and the Ford Bronco). Does anyone have any tips or experience with locating a scale polycarbonate Toyota body for the Losi Mini Rock Crawler? Plan B is the Suzuki Sierra (or Samurai to the US market) but I remain hopeful of finding a suitable Toyota body!

Last edited by cragv; 07-31-2012 at 08:49 PM.
cragv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 12:28 PM   #23
RCC Addict

look for 1:16 and 1:14 bodies as a 1:18 will be to small for the tires and make it look like a monster truck unless you like that look.
hillbillyrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 05:17 PM   #24
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbillyrc View Post
look for 1:16 and 1:14 bodies as a 1:18 will be to small for the tires and make it look like a monster truck unless you like that look.
I was wondering about that, thanks! Good to know.
cragv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 06:01 PM   #25
Pebble Pounder

Can someone post the link to the how to spur gear mod? I have searched and either can find it or dont know if i did lol. I bought a brood frenzy and eddie reccomends a rc18t/66 gear set. Im not sure what that is or how to do it. Thanks guys!
iluvdrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 09:56 AM   #26

anyone try to use solar power instead of battery packs?? any ideas would be great
marcu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 12:35 PM   #27
Quarry Creeper

most likely would never work.
1, solar still needs to charge a battery, so all the crap needed will be huge to fit onto a MRC or any other RC for that matter. needs a converter and some way to put power to the battery.
2, needs constant direct sunlight. good luck
3, expensive, especially on a small scale.
REV666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 09:05 PM   #28

Well hmmmm, solar, so IF you were going to try to solar power a mini, you could use the panels out of old LED sidewalk lights. I use these in my research...problem is the math just isn't there. They peak at 2.15 volts depending on what type you use. The amp peak is around .038 amps ea. So if you add say, 4 panels depending on how you wired this, it will not equal the power of the battery. So if you made a flat plate on top with 6 of these, still not enough juice. Not sure what the actual draw of the motor or servo's is. I do not own a mini either. Just looking into getting one. Not sure which one to get. So I was lurking as saw this....You will need to rob the diodes off the little circuit board or just take the whole board. (Don't be lazy! Rob the diodes!) No room for all the stuff. Even then, you will still need the battery to store the power. Cap won't work here. Even in full sun. Although I have no idea what the min voltage to power up the ECM might be. My son wants to do this. so we had this conversation recently. If you do try it, definitely want to see some pictures
Pennington Research is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 05:51 PM   #29
Quarry Creeper

What size gear should I run on the motors on these things? I have a brushless setup...where do I get it too?

Chris
ravencr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 10:59 AM   #30
Quarry Creeper

I bought this pinion gear, but the shaft size is too big: Losi TLR332016 What size shaft size do I need for these trucks?

Chris
ravencr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 06:58 AM   #31

Alot of great info here.
raydaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 11:18 AM   #32

Lipo battery recommendation for my new losi mini crawler?
raydaddy is offline   Reply With Quote