Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Failed Mini Skeeter Build/t

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2009, 06:46 PM   #21
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Failedabortion View Post
Pretty sure mine wasn't the only mini skeeter that finished in the top 5 today, in a 1.9 class with 25 people
Yeah, you finished pretty good yesterday. Congrats!

Rich C.
conejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-20-2009, 07:24 PM   #22
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by conejo View Post
Yeah, you finished pretty good yesterday. Congrats!

Rich C.
Thanks man, you did pretty good yourself. were you running flat irons?

Going through my rig today found the u joint pins in the rear were half way out and ripped the esc signal and power wires off the esc board.

Last edited by Failedabortion; 04-20-2009 at 07:31 PM.
Failedabortion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 09:03 PM   #23
Pebble Pounder

Yup, running flatirons. Blue claws seemed to have the advantage on the polished foot-path rocks out there... Oh well, I have an extra set of Mayhem wheels (Thanks Mayhem guys!!), so I'm going to start bringing out a set of each from now on...

My first set of u-joint pins wouldn't stay put. so far the replacement set is holding up better. Hopefully will have MIP driveshafts around the end of the month, then won't have to worry about it

Oh yeah, and don't practice this week... Take some time off!

Rich C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Failedabortion View Post
Thanks man, you did pretty good yourself. were you running flat irons?

Going through my rig today found the u joint pins in the rear were half way out and ripped the esc signal and power wires off the esc board.
conejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 09:41 PM   #24
Rock Crawler

Thats why I switched from the flat irons to the claws, they were sliding sideways even at old papago.

Will look into the mip's when they come out. I glued the pins before but didn't check them the night before cause I was rebuilding someone else's rig, glued them today with tire glue so will see how long they hold up.

Hope to judge this next comp The scoring seemed easier this time with two people and had fun being able to watch each persons driving style.

Only have about an hour a day to practice during the week so won't get much in this week
Old 04-21-2009, 08:09 PM   #25
Rock Crawler

After seeing RANOVRU's post decided to upgraded to traxxas stampede slider shafts(drive shafts). Mainly because the stock u joint pins kept coming out and it was less than $20.

Had to remove a small amount of material from the front of the tranny and motor plate. Meaured them so they would be almost fully compressed at full compression. Front is maybe 1/8" shorter than stock and the rear is about a 1/4" longer than stock. They seem really short with the big u-joints but I only have about a 1/4" between full compression and full extension on the shafts.

Need traxxas villian ex u-joints part #1539R(need two sets to do the front and rear)
and Traxxas Long truck half shafts part #1951(only one package needed to do front and rear)
Attached Images