Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Testing... Testing... miXer Testing..1..2..3...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2009, 08:40 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Testing... Testing... miXer Testing..1..2..3...

As many of you know, I have been doing a build up of RcBros miXer chassis. Yesterday I got everything done on it, and dialed it in as close as I could to what I wanted. So I did a little couch crawlin inside, which in my opinion this chassis makes for the best couch crawlin in the buisness...!

Beyond just playing inside with it, I also took to one of my favorite crawl spots. I call it "the creek run". Its a nicely flowing very rough and unforging terrain with some small, medium, and very large rocks. Every rock in this little course (about 100 or so feet long, and rising from the creek up about six or seven feet) is rough, sharp cut rocks. They were dumped by the creek because some idiots were having a hard time making it around the corner.

I only placed my truck at 2 points to start a run, and I did flip it over twice and I made sure to place it back exactly where it was when if flipped. As I go through these pics I will give a very breif description of whats going on.

This first set of pics is where I started the first run. I did place the truck where it sets in the first picture.

This rock here is alot steeper and harder to climb that it looks. There is a "easier" way to get over it, but I wanted to see what this thing would do. Made it up and over first try. My old setup wouldn't do it no matter how hard I tried.

Same rock, diffrent view..

These next four pics show the truck doing nice descend, and then starting a off camber, sidehill, climb.

I love this set of pics

can you find the rotting fish head in this picture...

sorry for the incredibly blurry pic here... I just liked this one.

This next whole series of pics is in a spot I like to call "devils climb". I did place my rig at the bottom. Or as close to the bottom as I could get without getting wet... sooooo, here we go.

sorry for the blurry pic, I was loosing my balance as I was taking it, holding the radio, camara and trying to get low enough to take a cool pic..

this drop off is huge...

and almost back out...

AND, finally the "I conquerd it pic"

soundcolor is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-24-2009, 09:35 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Hey Sound', if ya need a few tennis balls, bro, I'll send you some...no need to use fish heads for gates.

Pics look good man; thanks for posting.

Just when I think I've got "the chassis" in mind, another comes out to get me thinking again. RCBros makes good stuff and the price is right for my tight-ass-grad-student-budget!

I'm looking forward to more build threads, pics, and videos once a few more of these get out there.
JeepinOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 10:31 AM   #3
RCC Addict

Great pics dont hide that spot I wanna go! I got some tennis balls for gates so we can ditch the dead fish heads
Mr. Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 12:17 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ed View Post
Great pics dont hide that spot I wanna go! I got some tennis balls for gates so we can ditch the dead fish heads
Thats my special place... LOL.

No seriously. Its always open unless its raining anything more than a drizzle, or has just rained hard for more than a day. So, your welcome to come out anytime you want... I'll PM your with my number.

The cool thing, those pics dont even show half the distance of the track. I only had space on my SD card for a few pics, so I had to be selective.

And I only ran through the moderate stuff cause I had the super stiff silver springs on that came with the "red" RcBros shocks. I've got some orange ones on the way so I should be rockin hard in no time. There are some really... REALLY tough layouts that can be run, tho I could never get my rig to make any of them with my old setup no matter what I did to it....

I found out something really, really interesting about the traxxas links, but thats all I'm gonna say until I get it figured out.
Old 05-24-2009, 04:19 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

Looks like a nice spot to crawl, hope someone picked up the monster can.
Failedabortion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 05:27 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

Theres always some POS that throws there trash out right there. When I went this time, there were about 6 cans out there....

assholes
Old 05-25-2009, 10:01 PM   #7

Wow a lot of cool photos. And that crawling spot looks awesome! So I guess you're very happy with this chassis? Good to hear. It's a bargain among the other overpriced (IMO) chassis!
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 07:48 AM   #8
Rock Crawler

Honestly, I cannot even begin to tell you how pleased I am with this chassis. "just plain works" doesnt even begin to describe it.

This thing far exceeds any pre-concieved ideas of how a chassis should work.