Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: new here

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2009, 03:52 PM   #1

Default new here

Hey guys I'm new here I bought a mrc a few weeks ago and did a couple mods already, I have ordered a rcbros chassis last night. Right now I have rcbros four link plates front and rear and made up some links but I'm havin trouble, its got a high tec 645 servo, 30 degree bent lower links, flat irons, relocated electronics, ordered the losi bead lock wheels and rcbros threaded shocks.

Where are you guys running the lower shock mounts? I put them in with the lower links and it doesn't flex really good like that. Also one of the mounts for the shocks on the axle has cracked anyone ever have a problem like that? And can anyone post up you four link set ups along with how your shocks are mounted? Thanks
04SVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-02-2009, 04:48 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Welcome to the forums enjoy your ride have fun.
kasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 06:51 PM   #3

Also my mrc has losi lockers front, rear, and center
Old 06-03-2009, 08:46 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04SVT View Post
Hey guys I'm new here I bought a mrc a few weeks ago and did a couple mods already, I have ordered a rcbros chassis last night. Right now I have rcbros four link plates front and rear and made up some links but I'm havin trouble, its got a high tec 645 servo, 30 degree bent lower links, flat irons, relocated electronics, ordered the losi bead lock wheels and rcbros threaded shocks.

Where are you guys running the lower shock mounts?

I keep mine in the stock location, seems to work the best right there and doesnt cause any problems. When you get your RcBros shocks in, just pull the ball out of the end link on the shock shaft and slip a piece of fuel tubing in it and bolt it up. The elimates any and all slop in the mounts.

I put them in with the lower links and it doesn't flex really good like that.

Some people like them here, but I agree with you, limits flex and causes the shocks to hit the lower links.

Also one of the mounts for the shocks on the axle has cracked anyone ever have a problem like that?

Yep, its a common problem. Its caused by overtightening the shock or link screws. You can actually watch the plastic being smashed if you overtighten. Just run them flush with the outside mounting tab and you'll be good to go.

And can anyone post up you four link set ups along with how your shocks are mounted? Thanks

There are a ton of pics of diffrent link setups. Just peruse some of the build threads on here and you'll find everything you could ever dream of.

Good luck

Darryl
soundcolor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 09:50 AM   #5
Rock Stacker

beware of the servos they are week.. i have two and both had to be replaced..
mini max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 09:55 AM   #6

the high tec 645 servo?
Old 06-03-2009, 11:24 AM   #7
Rock Crawler

The HiTec 645MG is a great servo. I think that mini max is talking about the stock servo.
Krawler Kev is offline   Reply With Quote