Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Integy Parts Are JUNK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2009, 07:06 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Integy Parts Are JUNK

I have read posts before and did not heed the warning about the bad quality of Integy parts. I put a new set of the steering links on my MRC and ran it for less than 5 minutes on the back yard (wasn't even running in rocks just on the lawn) and the link that goes from the servo horn to the knuckle broke. It popped off the little ball and will not snap back on. The hole is now too large. Unfortunately I have lots of Integy parts on my display truck. They look great but gues I'm lucky I don't plan to ever run it.

How many others have had issues and with which parts. Let's make sure we warn the RccRawler community to keep others from getting burned.
stomper4x4.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-12-2009, 08:37 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

I haven't had experience with Integy parts on a crawler, but I broke countless Integy parts on an Associated RC18... shocks, a-arms, chassis, shock towers, etc.
jnev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 08:38 PM   #3
D-Wray 4 Prez!

Never have had a problem with them. Dynamite on the other hand...
Frankenwheely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 08:54 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

I wont touch their parts, and not because everyone seems to be in agreement that they suck, but because they just look like cheap crap.
Poor workmanship, poor materials, poor assembly, and worse quality control leads to crapy products.

You can generally tell about how good or bad a part is going to be just by looking at it, or a picture of it. If you go to integys website and look around at the pictures of the stuff, and read the description closely you can tell its just poor quality parts

just my .002
soundcolor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 04:42 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

I buy some of their tools and motors...wont buy anything else
Failedabortion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 06:02 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

I had great luck with there motors and knock on wood my driveshafts are working flawlessy my buddies broke in 2 runs and i pound on mine in the basher now that i spoke probably break next outing.
kasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 06:35 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

integy is cast aluminum with a finisher to smooth them out and thats why they are crap. They aren't milled from stock.
kurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 10:22 AM   #8
Rock Stacker

Anything made in china has the possibilty of a bad apple in the bunch. That's what happens when you have a bunch of kids and women making stuff. Does this mean I won't buy their parts? No... It just means you get what you pay for and it's up to you if you want to save money vs durability. I have had zero problems with their driveshaft on my 1/10 brushless rig.
wangankin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 10:30 AM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Default Motors

Have to agree with the comments on the motors. I have had good luck with their motors.
stomper4x4.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 11:30 AM   #10
Pebble Pounder

they make the sticker that goes on the motor...not the motor...that is purchased. intecrappy is all but banished in the 1/5 world... no one running a 5b or 5t would risk running that stuff on a 40lb rig doing 40mph or better
drilldeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 05:23 AM   #11

yeah had the all metal drive lines........CRAP broke in 3 minutes MIP way better
dieseldick3408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 05:51 PM   #12
Rock Stacker

stop buying there stuff! soon they will realise it, if not already. if we contiue to buy there stuff they'll keep making it the same way. thanks peace
drewmaloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 10:04 PM   #13
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by stomper4x4.com View Post
The hole is now too large.

Integy sucks... as does GPM/Hot Racing/Atomic...

I live in HK and have access to a TON of cheap aluminium parts... needless to say... I order EVERY SINGLE PART from the states.
mcho78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 04:18 AM   #14

Default HD Drive Shafts just broke

I have/had new Integy HD Drive shafts, NOT Plastic, where the little pin slipped out and then the drive shaft itself cracked apart where the pin goes in. It also ruined the ball joint(?) piece that goes on the end. These cost me 30$. The 1st one broke yesterday going up a little gravel slope on the side of a gravel road. Slope was about 12" high and NOT steep at all. The other broke the next day(today) on a very minor part of a rock crawl. I have done nothing different in my driving and was at the only area I go crawling. Don't know what the hobby store will do about them, were brand new, but I will take them back and drop them on the counter.
bonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 04:43 PM   #15
Quarry Creeper

like GI-JOE says knowing is half the battle
fordwheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 04:52 PM   #16

The R/C community needs to know that Integy should be permanently boycotted. They are the Osama Bin-Laden of the hobby world. I'd even go so far as to let your LHS or hobby retailer know your disgust if they sell Integy parts. Not only do they make extremely poor quality parts, but they make cheap copycats of others designs and pass them off as their own. In my opinion, by hurting the original designers and manufacturers of these parts, they are hampering the progress of the hobby altogether. They have already made many enemies in the HPI Baja 5b community as most of their parts are exact copycats of grassroots designers who spent the time and money to invest in bringing these parts to the people. They are now losing business to uninformed hobbyists who don't know any better and purchase cheap Integy copies, only to see them fail. DO NOT BUY INTEGY ANYTHING! I've even been turning my nose up a Tower Hobbies lately because they sell so much Integy crap.
Ferenczy33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 09:32 PM   #17
Quarry Creeper

I have had no problem with them, never snapped links, or knuckles on my 3 different comp rigs (2 axials and a berg). Drive shafts worked good, i must of got the good batch(s).
paintballer9876 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 05:07 AM   #18
Quarry Creeper

I had the driveshafts for the MRC and they lasted about 2 min. Waste of money I now have the MIP driveshafts and they are rock solid, No problems. Integy tools have been ok but I prefer the MIP Thorp Tools. My main problem with Integy is that the warrenty is over when it leaves their wharehouse.
THAT1GUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 12:52 PM   #19
Quarry Creeper

Default Bash bash bash

I have not had any integy parts break on my rig, but I have had the MIP cvds break on it. It was probably the way I drove. I never bashed them for it, just did not by that product again. I will keep my eyes out now for these kinda things.
65volkswagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 10:16 PM   #20
Rock Stacker

if you ever want decent parts you usually have to get creative, i just make axial stuff work for everything
ontherocks88 is offline   Reply With Quote