RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Losi Mini-Rock Crawler (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/losi-mini-rock-crawler/)
-   -   1/24th Or 1/36th Scale Rock Crawler Please Post Your Thoughts (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/losi-mini-rock-crawler/185894-1-24th-1-36th-scale-rock-crawler-please-post-your-thoughts.html)

TBex 06-27-2009 11:29 PM

I wouldnt want something that had to be modified to work no but out of the box crawler would work

YSL 06-27-2009 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stomper4x4.com (Post 1867160)
I have some of the Kyosho Mini Z Monsters and they are an awesome truck. Too bad that one couldn't be a 4X4 with a straight front axle. The knock off company makes a 4x4 version but don't know how they work. Only cost $69 or something like that so can't be too good of quality. Bottom line I think if I had to vote for one scale for Losi to make it would be 1/24th.

well..
i do agree nonethless.

1/24 scale or simlar scale as the Kyosho Mini Z Monster should be fun!
i've seen one at Tamiya - Tokyo (Shimbashi) couple of months back, they actually displayed a custom 4x4 crawler (non Tamiya) with micro servos etc..well frankly i dun think Tamiya has intention to get that into production:cry:

for ease of parts, unlimited customization, 1/24 or 1/27 (Kyosho Mini Z scale)

for table top..1/36

cheers

NeXt559 06-28-2009 09:49 AM

noticed the term "table top being thrown around.

as ive already posted i think anything smaller than 1/18 is way too small.
personally i already use my mrc as a landry pile, table top and couch crawler w/ great results.

at 1/36 scale just think about how small an obsticle would have to be. books really wouldnt work because of their slick nature. because of the low weight of the obsticle you'd be pushing it around a table instead of crawling over.

i cant even imagine the compoud you'd use for tires. you'd have to use somthng with a thickness close to condom or latex glove to get any decent traction.

if somone does release one. i would probbaly have to let it pass. btw doesnt anyone remember the backlash losi got when people found out it when people found out tha they went w/ a 1/18 and not a 1/10?

hman1991 06-28-2009 10:46 AM

i know i would buy 1 for sure for the winter months here. i want to set up a course in my basement but it would take up to much room with the 1/10 scale. 1 of these would be perfect. i agree with the 1/24 for size there is alot of cool bodies u can use for builds. like they did with those old toys r us 1/24 scale rc monster trucks.

JBcustoms 06-28-2009 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by helhedded (Post 1865336)
I would vote 1/24 due to the enormous amount of 1/24 plastic models there are there. :shock:

Yes, I would agree, there are many 1/24 scale models out there begging to be brought to life by R/C! With all the folks doing scalers these days, the possibilities are endless!

Me and some co-workers were playing with a more modern version of the stompers a few years back, then available at wal-mart for like 5 bucks, I always wanted to have one with throttle/steering control. We would crawl them over the mess on our workbench at the end of the day. They were quite capable, and we had lots of fun modding the suspension and drivetrains for better performance.

matador88 06-28-2009 02:17 PM

1/24 (or about) - i am in
i am scale auto modeler, so 1/24 is natural for me. scale rigs possibilities are super great and you can still take it outside to play with it

RCMFMaxxMan 07-07-2009 12:16 AM

all in good time. Look how long it took for a good 1/18 option to emerge. I'm sure a micro will come out at some point. They can't design and produce everything at once. It probably wouldn't be as good because it wouldn't get as much focus from losi because the mini is still hot off their press. And also they'd be competing with themselves with a micro and a mini. I think they will wait until sales on the mini drop before considering a micro. Also look at the gap between the mini-t and micro-t. Just my theory though.

Rich Trujillo 07-08-2009 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NeXt559 (Post 1867490)
btw doesnt anyone remember the backlash losi got when people found out it when people found out tha they went w/ a 1/18 and not a 1/10?

Yes I remember :twisted: LOL

perrymx6 07-08-2009 01:33 PM

1/25 would be sick! SSMT's are gold now,just because of there size. The way we get a chub when a set of those pop up on the bay,or in a classified foum is proof there's a market. Small market....."thumbsup"

safetydang 07-09-2009 02:21 AM

I agree a 1/24 or 1/36 scale crawler w/ hobby grade would be great. Right now I Only have my ZZMT Crawler as i sold my WK Crawler. With out hobby grade parts its hard to keep this thing running. But thats the whole point of modding Bits is to do something you shouldn't be doing "thumbsup"

ZZMT are going for 40 on ebay and can become a crawler in a few minutes
http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/7913/photo20z.jpg

In Action, nothing crazy but fun!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1LgQym_tDc

perrymx6 07-09-2009 08:10 PM

awsome

1/25 would be too sick!:twisted:

stomper4x4.com 08-02-2009 07:05 PM

will you please tell me where you got the tires and wheels on your truck? Thank you.

Ralphy 08-02-2009 10:59 PM

I saw this thread and thought I'd chime in....I really like the idea of making a micro-t size crawler, like a shrunk down MRC or some thing for those rainy days or snow days(for us northern folk) especially if you could buy different terrain kits to drive them on. heck! even model train type stuff would be cool if done up right. not that they'd be comp worthy in any sense on most rock, but they'd be fun to play with. Doesn't even seem like it would be that hard. Shrink a MRC down and call it good, tiny lipos are out there, tiny motors and servos are too, still looking for the hold up......

JEB21 08-03-2009 12:14 AM

I'd be all over a coffee table crawler. You could buy some wire mesh and a bag of plaster and make a mountain range in the space the size of a sheet of plywood.

hdhdhd 08-03-2009 06:09 PM

Note: If you plan to build a custom truck using 1/24 body, please wait for the T-Rex nano to come out. This is from RC4WD at the end of the 1/18 T-Rex Micro Front Axle ad.

soundcolor 08-03-2009 06:17 PM

t-rex axles

Oh my god. I have been waiting for something like this to come out. These are gonna be a godsend.

How awsome is that

S10XtremeSR 08-05-2009 06:19 PM

I would love to see a 1/24 solid axle crawler come out. RC4WD is planning on making some, but it's going to be a while. This has been needed/wanted from the community for a long time. The only thing that could stop a production line is the price. Not very many people are going to drop hundreds of dollars into a micro crawler. That has been the main thing I have seen through out conversations. Keep the price down, and make a lot of them and people will suck them off the shelves.

soundcolor 08-05-2009 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S10XtremeSR (Post 1927846)
I would love to see a 1/24 solid axle crawler come out. RC4WD is planning on making some, but it's going to be a while. This has been needed/wanted from the community for a long time. The only thing that could stop a production line is the price. Not very many people are going to drop hundreds of dollars into a micro crawler. That has been the main thing I have seen through out conversations. Keep the price down, and make a lot of them and people will suck them off the shelves.

granted, not many people are gonna pay alot for one of the shelf, but the aftermarket would make a killing.
Case in point. the MRC.
Built to be a cheapish alternative, and just look at em now. Almost every single person that buys one ends up spending at least an additional 200 on it from the aftermarket

Mr. Ed 08-05-2009 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hdhdhd (Post 1924363)
Note: If you plan to build a custom truck using 1/24 body, please wait for the T-Rex nano to come out. This is from RC4WD at the end of the 1/18 T-Rex Micro Front Axle ad.

that is F'N SWEET! Cant wait! nice and strong hope they make the delron too!

Stallion1967 08-05-2009 10:19 PM

I think th 1/24 would be perfect. RC4WD is working on it but it will be a while probably. Just think how fun it would be to have something the size of an xmod but with that has some actual quality in it.:mrgreen:"thumbsup"