Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Metal Locker Install

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2009, 05:27 PM   #1

Default Metal Locker Install

Hey guys Ive been searching but I can't find any how to's on installing the metal lockers on the MRC. I got the diff apart tonight but I not sure which side/position the metal ones need to go in. I'm obviously new to this so if yall could steer me in the right direction I would appreciate it.
4low is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-17-2009, 05:38 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4low View Post
Hey guys Ive been searching but I can't find any how to's on installing the metal lockers on the MRC. I got the diff apart tonight but I not sure which side/position the metal ones need to go in. I'm obviously new to this so if yall could steer me in the right direction I would appreciate it.
you need a tiny screw driver! there are 4 little screws on each side, 8 screws per axle and 8 in the center, there are 24 total! be careful not to strip them!
do one at a time and match it with the new one. put the new one in and move to the other side, when the first axle is done move to the next axle, repeat, you will then move to the centers. completely remove the tranny/ motor. 4 screws each side at the bottom of the chassis to remove the tranny motor setup. dissemble and replace the same way you did the axle! hope this helps you out!
kronik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 06:39 PM   #3

Thanks for the help! I got the rear locker installed no problem. But dangit if I didn't strip the head on one of those tiny screws on the front locker. Now I can't get the plastic ring off to replace that side. Guess I have to buy a new front diff if I want to get the metal lockers in.
Old 12-17-2009, 10:45 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Thanks for the help! I got the rear locker installed no problem. But dangit if I didn't strip the head on one of those tiny screws on the front locker. Now I can't get the plastic ring off to replace that side. Guess I have to buy a new front diff if I want to get the metal lockers in.
did you get 3 out? you should still be able to get it out! those little screws are a pain in the a$$
Old 12-18-2009, 06:45 AM   #5

I got 3 out but it was on the side with the plastic ring thats sits on top of the locker. The screw runs through it so theres no way to get it out that I can see. I ordered a new diff yesterday so hopefully I will have this resolved soon.
Old 12-18-2009, 08:10 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

I havent done mine yet so I cant be sure if this would work but when I strip screws I use a pair of dikes to pinch under the head and it will lift the screw while using the screw driver to spin it, then the threads will catch in the dikes and unscrew. There are tiny ones for cutting small wires that may work, but until I tear mine apart I may be wrong since I dont know how the screws are positioned. The parts are coming in the mail.
mikegigabyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 12:46 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

Quote:
I got 3 out but it was on the side with the plastic ring thats sits on top of the locker. The screw runs through it so theres no way to get it out that I can see. I ordered a new diff yesterday so hopefully I will have this resolved soon.
that sucks! im sorry man! those little screws suck!