Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: losi blue claws

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2009, 10:36 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default losi blue claws

I just go losi blue claws because of price before i mount the i was wonder anything i should do the them or how i mount them. also is anyone using the rcbros wheel mount to make the beadlocks real do the work as well as the pvc pipe? and how much weight should i put in the front and what should i use for the weight.
thanks guys always a great help
speedcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-04-2009, 06:26 AM   #2
RCC Addict

got ya some blues huh?!?! well as far as the RCBro's piece it will do the same thing as cutting your own pvc it's just more convient cuz he allready cut it for you Plus he's a great vendor so dont be afraid to business with him.

Wheel weights....I run 4.5oz in each front tire and no weights in the rear.
I use stick on lead weights that the local tire shop gave me. I have used BB's or any heavy object that will fit in side the tire on the rim between the rim and foam. Now you will also want to vent the rims by drilliing a hole about 1/8 or smaller this will allow the tire to breath the more holes the better they breath I use 2 7/64 holes on my rims for breathing and it works great! NOw you can vent the tires in stead of the rims does the same thing it's just chevy ford thing plus and minuses!

Now for the important part I've never owned a set of blue claws but the info is still what it is! Have Fun
Mr. Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 06:53 AM   #3
Rock Stacker

Ive ordered from rcbros before and there a great company!
How are you making the weight stay on the rim super glue, hot glue etc?
Ya i would have got the flatirons or chisels, but i dont have alot of money to spend on a crawler because i have to spend it on
racing things lol!!
speedcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 07:01 AM   #4

The lead weights from tire stores already have double sided tape on them. If you want it even more secure you can wrap the weights with strapping tape or electric tape. Just don't block your vents.
ctraut5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 08:03 AM   #5
RCC Addict

Ya i would have got the flatirons or chisels, but i dont have alot of money to spend on a crawler because i have to spend it on
racing things lol!![/QUOTE]

You sir apparently have your priorities backwards lol:-P
Mr. Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 08:17 AM   #6
Pebble Pounder

If you vent the wheel itself, make sure and vent the slip on bead lock too. I don't remember how much weight I initially put up front, but the stick on wieghts are I think a half oz. each and I had to cut them down a bit to fit. I also only went with one layer, not sure if there's room for two. So, I'd guess somewhere in the neighborhood of 4 oz.

As to the blues, that was one of my first "mods". They're better than stock, but not great. I don't care for them on slick stuff or sand, maybe it's just me too.

I've got a new motor/esc combo, so I need to get to the rocks again and see if I like them better now.

Good luck!

Mike
speedjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote