Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: looking at getting a MRC- few questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2009, 11:25 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default looking at getting a MRC- few questions

hey guys i have a 2.2 comp rig, and im looking at getting a MRC just for fun.
I hear the stock lockers are junk, what lockers should they be replaced with. Any other parts that need to be upgraded?

Im planning on just getting it, and installing a gc-2 mini chassis and full size servo and calling it done lol. Where can i get GC-2 mini's that ship to canada, how much? Does the chassis come with all the mounting parts ( link ends, upper/lower links ,screws)etc? I've noticed some builds with the full size servo plates does it come with that?

Thanks
treeafodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-27-2009, 11:40 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by treeafodo View Post
hey guys i have a 2.2 comp rig, and im looking at getting a MRC just for fun.
I hear the stock lockers are junk, what lockers should they be replaced with. Any other parts that need to be upgraded?

Im planning on just getting it, and installing a gc-2 mini chassis and full size servo and calling it done lol. Where can i get GC-2 mini's that ship to canada, how much? Does the chassis come with all the mounting parts ( link ends, upper/lower links ,screws)etc? I've noticed some builds with the full size servo plates does it come with that?

Thanks
so far, i have just done the free upgrades, i have also put in metal lockers front center and rear! and i also bought a hitech 645 servo, the sevro mount was like 10 bucks. i put this thing through hell and it just keeps crawlin.lol thats al i have done, and i havent had any problems since!im now sure about the chassis that your lookin at but i hope the rest of this helps!
kronik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 04:46 PM   #3

I have ragged mine out so far and the only problem has been the servo and high COG. I put on a different servo and it runs like a champ now. I am sure the lockers are sure to go soon.
Bigjerm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 05:07 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

I'd go with the RCBros lockers front and rear, and the Losi locker in the center.
jnev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 05:21 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Yeah i was looking at getting the RC bro's lockers.

This is my plan so far-
Mini GC-2
Rc Bro's lockers
hitec 645mg.
Vanguish LH wheels with rock claws.

That would be it, but first i gotta finish rebuilding/upgrading my 2.2 comp rig, which could take a while
treeafodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 06:30 PM   #6
Rock Stacker

I have one with rcbros lockers, losi upgraded shocks would recomend something else, rcbros lower bent links, real bead locks don't remeber what kind, flat iron tires holmes hobbies motor. If i was you i would check into the rcbros new chassis it comes with everything ecept the link ends. ALso check out there shocks.

Last edited by zr600; 09-27-2009 at 06:31 PM. Reason: wanted to add something
zr600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 09:52 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Mine is almost a year old. It still has the stock lockers and gets used regularly. That may change with a motor/esc/bat change that is in the works.
awd199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 12:37 PM   #8

Wow, stock lockers have lasted you a year. Mine went after the second battery charge. Now I have to wait for a week or so for my lockers to come in. I wish I would have bought them at the same time as I bought the truck. As for a chassis reccommendation you should def. go with RCBros mixxer chassis.
JSValencia is offline   Reply With Quote