Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Free mods

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2009, 07:09 AM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Free mods

Tomorrow my MRC will be here and after the stock first run I want to start with the free mods but not sure what they all are. I know about lowering the elec and turning the tranny, but what else is there? I've heard of the beadlock mod but havent found how to do or what to do..lol Are the stock tires glued on?
I have some lipo's and plan on installing a LVC as I hook my dean on. What lipo do you think would work best? 1300 or a 1000?
Thanks guys
TAT76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-22-2009, 07:41 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default free mod

limit you're shocks, this will improve you're mrc performance like night and day also 4 link which in some cases it is free all i used was 6-32 all thread and for the pivot ball i found laying around from my other RC. This is not a free mod, but they are cheap and a must for an mrc is the lockers, replace it with metal or aluminum ones, you're plastic ones is gonna go bad in a hurry.

you can also check Souncolor's sticky on the top page, there is a lot of info there.

ped
ped453 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 11:29 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

if you have a dremel, you can get more steering throw for free.
Modding stock MRC for increased steering throw
sierradmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 03:45 PM   #4
RCC Addict

What do you mean by limit your shocks? How do I do that? By adding spacers or something?
I will check the link out, thanks for that.
I have lockers on the order list already so will be good there.

What about the beadlocks?
Old 10-22-2009, 06:34 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAT76 View Post
...What about the beadlocks?
Look at soundcolor's list, I think there's a link to a post on how to make your own beadlocks from the stock wheels. It uses pvc pipe as a spacer.

Nvm, here, I copy and pasted it from "The Beginner's Guide". It's actually a sticky on this forum. You should read it, good info with a healthy dose of sarcasm. (No offense intended to soundcolor, I think it's funny actually)

Q.Are the stock wheels real beadlocks
A. No... they arent. There is a mod you can do to make them real beadlocks.
Four link, lowered, beadlock conversion, losi blues

Last edited by Biggons; 10-22-2009 at 06:38 PM.
Biggons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 06:09 AM   #6
RCC Addict

Thanks biggon, I found it after my last post when reading threw the sticky. Great info in there and sure I will read 100 more times as I go threw my truck.

I am wondering with the lower links if you buy the bent ones does that lift the truck or will it stay the same height?
Old 10-23-2009, 06:18 AM   #7
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
...I am wondering with the lower links if you buy the bent ones does that lift the truck or will it stay the same height?
It should not change your ride height.

If you buy pre-made links for the MRC, it should be fine. If you're making your own, then measure from the center of the hole in the rod end to the center of the hole in the other rod end. Do this on your old links as well as the new links. This will tell you if it will change your driveline angle.

If you change the uppers and lowers (going to a four link), it may change your wheel base. Be careful, the stock wheel base is already close to 8.5 inches (max length for comp.)
Old 10-23-2009, 06:24 AM   #8
RCC Addict

Thanks again. I plan on buying them for the first round of modding but hope to learn more as I go to maybe at some point build them myself.
If they don't change ride height then why are they bent? does it give less hang up or something?
Old 10-23-2009, 06:42 AM   #9
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
...why are they bent? does it give less hang up or something?
Yes, less hang up. Straight lower links will drag on the rocks, some people don't mind. Not as big of a deal if your lower links are made of delrin/plastic (less resistance than aluminum). Bent links will give you about the same clearance all the way across the bottom of your chassis (even with the bottom of your skid plate).
Old 10-23-2009, 03:35 PM   #10
RCC Addict

Sounds like thats what I want plus I like the looks of them..

Well it's here and I had a chance to run her on my new rock course.. She tore it up..lol This little thing is a blast and never would have thought going slow is so much fun. At first I just drove around getting stuck or hung up but then would hit the same spot only using the truck to set it up so I would make it..lol Wow this is sweet. I do think the tires suck but already knew this from most of you. Seems to me that maybe softer foams or something along that would help. They seem to get little grip on my slick rocks.
Thinking after I get the free mods done I'm needing some tires. I have a set of beadlocks coming from a friend so that will help aswell.