Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Shadow's Skulz Integy MRC build!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2010, 09:24 PM   #41
MODERHATER™

What a progression this rig has taken.....

So whats that 90 degree's of flex or more?
666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-25-2010, 11:01 PM   #42
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 666 View Post

I agree........this is the best MRC ever lololololololololololololololololololololololololo lololololololololololololololololololololololololo lolololol

and try going for maybe 200 degree's of flex and see how she does
ped453 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 10:15 PM   #43
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 666 View Post

thanks alot bro!! 90 degrees max, if i adjust the shocks a taaaddd bit more i bet i could get 95, but i might stick with 90, haha too much articulation! LOL! plus dont even ask about the TT, this will be over soon once i get my 4 link im gonna miss this articulation
shadowrejects is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 10:16 PM   #44
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ped453 View Post
I agree........this is the best MRC ever lololololololololololololololololololololololololo lololololololololololololololololololololololololo lolololol

and try going for maybe 200 degree's of flex and see how she does
the super class im working on will have a custom stick chassis im working on that will let the articulation go 380+ degrees
Old 06-05-2010, 09:39 PM   #45
Rock Crawler

Default Update:

Hey guys, i just placed an order on some 1.9 ROVERS! ! and 900MaH lipo! but before those come in the mail i wanted to share some of the mods/upgrades i did yesterday

1. Made/Fabbed some Y arm covers/plates to hold my reciever and lipo, their made from metal flashing, drilled 4 holes on each side. and ziptied them to the plate, took about 15 minutes, heres some pics:

2. Then i shaved some of the metal off my homemade steering links to give me more turning radius, it gave me about 20 degrees more! a free mod which gave me LOTS of more steering!
Pics:

heres some flex shots next to my rustler and micro-t, the rest of my cars were in my closet lol too lazy to get them out ,and for a street truck, the rustler vxl can flex ALOT! lol
pics:

Now flexing on my super's 4.0 beadlocks

thanks for looking! ! and oh before i post this. next week in heading up to my grandparents and im taking my MRC, and about 1 mile away from their house they have a spill off thats all eroded rock that forms a HUGE valley and 5 acres of sandstone so be ready for some SERIOUS mini moab crawling! thanks guys!
Old 06-06-2010, 08:35 AM   #46
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowrejects View Post
...shaved some of the metal off my homemade steering links to give me more turning radius...about 20 degrees more...for a street truck, the rustler vxl can flex ALOT...1 mile away from their house they have a spill off thats all eroded rock that forms a HUGE valley and 5 acres of sandstone...
You sure like your flex!

More steering is good! 20 degrees? That's an awful lot to gain by just shaving a mm or two. If your link is still hitting the axle, a small bend in the link--where it contacts the axle--will help.

Have fun out there on the rocks - watch for snakes!
JeepinOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 06:04 PM   #47
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepinCA View Post
You sure like your flex!

More steering is good! 20 degrees? That's an awful lot to gain by just shaving a mm or two. If your link is still hitting the axle, a small bend in the link--where it contacts the axle--will help.

Have fun out there on the rocks - watch for snakes!
thanks bro and yea believe it or not it gave it ALOT more turning! it almost rubs the lower links , and yea it still rubs ive been working on a OTA link but i need more metal rod i tried to make one but it turned up to short lol and yea i thought about doing that actually thanks bro!
Old 06-06-2010, 06:08 PM   #48
Rock Crawler

Quote:
watch for snakes!
oh dude ive seen a couple watersnakes under rocks, but those are not as scary as the spides ive seen, down there they have brown recluses and widows ive seen TONS of spiders, their monsters too, lol ive ran into a couple turantulas and stuff, lol spiders suck bro, haha ive had them crawl up my leg, not pretty haha thanks man
Old 06-08-2010, 06:52 PM   #49
Rock Crawler

Default Yess!

Finially! i just got 4 1.9 soft red HB rover tires! and boy are they sticky! they stuck to my hand when i took them out of the package i slid them on to see how they looked on my MRC and their so stick and tight it was a challange to take them off, their not even glued and they dont even spin on the bead at full force, next up in the mail is a 900mah lipo which should be here in 1-3 days, it got shipped yesterday lol, but heres so pics of my MRC now, looks good with these MASSIVE tires on

the main reason i got new tires

i got some pics of it on some rocks, not in action, just some of it in its "natural habitat" lol, ill upload them in one sec, i gtg tho, thanks for watching and check back soon!
Old 06-08-2010, 07:02 PM   #50
Rock Crawler

Cool.
Did you do/get the bead lock mod so you don't have to glue those tires?
Old 06-08-2010, 08:58 PM   #51
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Cool.
Did you do/get the bead lock mod so you don't have to glue those tires?
belive it or not i havent the tires just squeeze into the bead and my bead's have some dried glue in there that work as a bit of friction to keep it from spinning ive tried ALOT of BL mods and they were all sucessful, til i stripped alot of my holes and it didnt work from there but im getting some DNA snipers soon lol, i still have to get the money for them and thanks bro!
Old 06-08-2010, 10:55 PM   #52
Rock Crawler

To get you by a little better, a small, teeny-tiny dabble of super glue on your screws will help keep them in. Sometimes putting a drop of glue on a toothpick then using the tip to apply it helps. You could even use a little dab of Elmer's white glue (it wouldn't be as hard to get out if you used too much). In this case remember, less is more.
Old 06-09-2010, 12:26 AM   #53
Rock Crawler

Quote:
To get you by a little better, a small, teeny-tiny dabble of super glue on your screws will help keep them in. Sometimes putting a drop of glue on a toothpick then using the tip to apply it helps. You could even use a little dab of Elmer's white glue (it wouldn't be as hard to get out if you used too much). In this case remember, less is more.
wow thanks bro i might try that! and i just now did a little beadlock mod, since the rovers are about 1cm higher and 2-3mm wider than the stock tires, they dont exactly fit into the bead when its on, so i took all my rings off on all 4 tires, and mounted the rovers in them like you would do to real beadlocks, and since their more wider/fatter the ring pushes it against the wheel so its like a little beadlock mod, for free! haha i did it and it works lol, thanks bro for all the tips man! !
Old 06-10-2010, 08:27 PM   #54
Rock Crawler

Thumbs up Got the new rovers installed with slight beadlock mod!

Hey guys! thanks for checking in again, got my AWESOME 1.9 HB rovers installed, and man are they sticky! their the best tires ive ever ran. and the slight beadlock mod was since the rovers are suck big tires, the bead, or ring, on the tire is about 3mm thicker than the stock losi MRC claws, so they were hard to fit into the bead with the beadlock ring on, so when i took my beadlock ring off and put the tires on the bead and put the ring over them and put it back on, it kind of made some pressure and pushed it against the rim, so it has no slip and doesnt spin at all on the rim! plus its hard to yank off! heres some pics:

i love how flexible these tires are even though they have a sidewall and foam in them

next up tommorow im getting my LIPO! in the mail! then i can finally run this baby after 3 months of sitting first thing im going to do is go crawling!!!!!! expect pics!! thanks for watching
Old 06-11-2010, 11:19 PM   #55
Rock Crawler

Default New parts!

Just got 2Tenergy lipos in the mail! 7.4 900mah each, one is a spare, or could be used in my blade CX2, another is my losi MRC one their so powerful it added like 5 mph to my top end speed and lots of wheel spin! i made a vid and tested the new 1.9 rovers along with the lipo and slight beadlock mod, pics and video are soon to be uploaded!
Old 06-12-2010, 03:50 AM   #56
RCC Addict

/facepalm all up in this thread. Nice super beadlocks...
danielk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 05:14 PM   #57
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielk View Post
/facepalm all up in this thread. Nice super beadlocks...
thanks bro
Old 10-16-2010, 02:29 PM   #58
Rock Crawler

Default Small Update

Sorry for such a long period before updates. My MRC motor tabs broke off into the motor so was forced to buy another I miss my old motor Might put it in a display case LOL . but some updates since then:

-New Motor
-Bigger pinion, like 3 teeth bigger, but its plastic, but its good
- I think i stated this, but i got 2 tenergy 2s 10c 900mah Lipos ?
- Bent the front roll cage guard Upwards, like a 1:1
- Snapped my Axial servo case! DOH So ive been running a tamiya 1/12 plastic servo no SS, that little servo has LOADS of torque and is pretty impossible to even strip! Awesome!
-a few more little things, such as some front weight, but overall shes back up and running

Sorry for no pics, the camera charger died last week so i cant charge any batteries to power the camera Thanks guys!
Old 10-16-2010, 11:51 PM   #59
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowrejects View Post
Sorry for such a long period before updates. My MRC motor tabs broke off into the motor so was forced to buy another I miss my old motor Might put it in a display case LOL . but some updates since then:

-New Motor
-Bigger pinion, like 3 teeth bigger, but its plastic, but its good
plastic???
- I think i stated this, but i got 2 tenergy 2s 10c 900mah Lipos ?
- Bent the front roll cage guard Upwards, like a 1:1
- Snapped my Axial servo case! DOH So ive been running a tamiya 1/12 plastic servo no SS, that little servo has LOADS of torque and is pretty impossible to even strip! Awesome!
you should get out more, hahhaahaahahaha......lololololo
-a few more little things, such as some front weight, but overall shes back up and running

Sorry for no pics, the camera charger died last week so i cant charge any batteries to power the camera Thanks guys!
when's the burial....
ped453 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 06:44 PM   #60
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ped453 View Post
when's the burial....

im 14, i dont have a car, a job, anything really, what do you think i do on weekends?! tweek the 1:1 and the 1:18 and yea high quality plastic, its really good, i use my slipper so im good, plus my gears are big so they wont striip for a long time, God man cut me some effin slack