Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Upgrading the mini

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2009, 10:00 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Upgrading the mini

Ok so i get to upgrade my mini and i have about 100 bucks to spend on it. Once i get my stuff im gonna finally take pics of the rig before and after. But im looking to get all 3 lockers, proline flatirons, with axail wheels, and a hitec servo. Now i know the servo will cost a lil more due to the new plate and the mounting hardware. So ive looks around the sites found threw here. Ive also looked at ebay also for some it. I might call local hobby shops but they suck big time around here for crawlers. So what site should i go with or should i jus order bits and pieces from different places. im tryin to get the most for the money i have. Im thinking im gonna have to wait on the servo alltogether. Cuz from reading on here i know the stocker should last long enough until i can afford the servo. So any advice and insite would be great. thanks... and have a good night...
DareDiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-19-2009, 10:18 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

i think your pretty much squared away! you seem to have i good plan goin. from 1st to last my upgrades are, free upgrades, lockers,flatirons,servo, motor!
kronik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 12:14 AM   #3
Rock Stacker

http://www.tcscrawlers.com/

check this place out and ckrc
robynhoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 03:53 AM   #4

yes, usually you'll have to order to different places to find all the stuff you need.
cricco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 12:05 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Alright that all sounds good im gonna check out tcs again and i dont think i checked out ckrc. Thanks...
Old 11-21-2009, 09:46 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Default get the tires

the tires will be the biggest improvment so get those first but those and bead lock rims thats 80 bucks , but i got the proline wheels cause they come with heavy weights.but i dont run them in the rear it was too much. the other mods can wait. just watch your servo, if the wheel is stuck up against rocks stop trying to turn. and loosen that saver as much as you can but still be crawlable .same thing with your lockers .idiots bust there lockers first run.pin a tire and mash throttle.
droopmodmrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 04:54 PM   #7
RCC Addict

You can do almost every mod you need at RCBROS.com they have lockers and full size servo plates, hitech 645, and get you some tires and your golden. I would skip on the center locker for now but do get the front and rear locker. check in the eletronics section and search for cheap servo's and you could get a tower pro pretty cheap not sure who makes them but I'm sure the mrc can handle it just fine. Hot bodies now makes the 1.9 tire I would try those out if your willing to be a ginnie pig
Mr. Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 08:23 PM   #8
Pebble Pounder

I see. well i found a site on here that has the irons for 14.99 a pair. and im going keep with the axail 1.9s. I have a buddy who works at a tire shop so ill jus get lead weight from him. And yeah i dont mash on the throttle to much, i havent taking my MRC outside yet even. Hadnt played with it much either cuz i want to upgrade it first. But i have to wait now cuz im back offshore for a couple days but when i get back in im gonna order the tires and wheels. and then order the lockers after that. Also will i need the hex's to widen the truck at all or will i be fine jus running it stock. Thanks for the help....
Old 11-21-2009, 08:43 PM   #9
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DareDiver View Post
I see. well i found a site on here that has the irons for 14.99 a pair.Make sure they are the G-8 compound or your wasting your money. and im going keep with the axail 1.9s. I'm still running those rims I have a buddy who works at a tire shop so ill jus get lead weight from him. And yeah i dont mash on the throttle to much,:? i havent taking my MRC outside yet even. Hadnt played with it much either cuz i want to upgrade it first. But i have to wait now cuz im back offshore for a couple days but when i get back in im gonna order the tires and wheels. and then order the lockers after that. Also will i need the hex's to widen the truck I like them but you dont NEED them. soundcolor runs his butchered FI's with no wideners at all or will i be fine jus running it stock. Thanks for the help....
good luck!
Old 11-22-2009, 12:27 PM   #10
Pebble Pounder

Yes the tires are G8 compound. For the axail wheels will the regular car sticky lead weights work on the inside of the wheel. Im only gonna use 3 or 4 oz. And ive yet to look for the hex's, i need to do some research to see if any other car hexs will work or not. Thanks for all the help Mr ED.
Old 11-22-2009, 12:39 PM   #11
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DareDiver View Post
Yes the tires are G8 compound. For the axail wheels will the regular car sticky lead weights work on the inside of the wheel.Yep that's what I'm useing Im only gonna use 3 or 4 oz.I use 4.5 And ive yet to look for the hex's, i need to do some research to see if any other car hexs will work or not. Thanks for all the help Mr ED.
this thread may help out Flat iron rock test

Butchered Flat Irons...ROCK!

Are wheel wideners helpful on a mini ?
Old 11-22-2009, 06:25 PM   #12

The flat irons are a little too tall for the MRC in my opinion. Proline chisels are a very good tire for comp crawling if that is what you are doing. When you start increasing the amount of steering with CVD's and cutting your steering arms you will hit the bottom links quite severely. As far as your lead, I've tried using tire weight lead and there is too much tin in it if you are going to try and bend it. I pour lead strips that I size to fit inside the center part of the inside of the rim. I then bend them arounf the wheel and tape in place. The tire weight lead just wont bend easily. You can buy soft lead on ebay quite cheaply. Good luck!!!
boss429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 07:49 PM   #13
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ed View Post

These were very helpful thank you MR ED. I think im gonna go with the Flatirons still. And Boss429 thanks for the info on the lead. Ill jus have to figure a way to use those lead weights or jus use an different kind. Thanks guys and have a good night...
Old 11-23-2009, 08:16 PM   #14
Quarry Creeper

Default taller tire

the flat iron is taller but taller tires = more pumpkin clearance . and to narrow them is not to hard to mod. not to take anything away from the chisels witch im sure are great .

Last edited by droopmodmrc; 11-23-2009 at 08:19 PM. Reason: added a line
droopmodmrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 09:09 PM   #15
Pebble Pounder

Well ive been reading a lot on the resent post about flatirons comapared to other tires. And well the flatirons are the ones im going with. I like the way they look and for as much as i run my MRC they will work good enough for me. So thanks for all the info you guys have given me. Im gonna be ordering my lockers, wheels and tires this week. have a good night and a great holiday...
Old 11-25-2009, 09:08 AM   #16
Pebble Pounder

I have the rockclaw tires and i like them alot. my friend has the flatirons on his mrc and the rockclaws seem to grip alot better than the flatirons
KnightRyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 01:50 PM   #17

i would go with the chisels for now, they seem to be the best out. But i hear when the 1.9 rovers come out they will be the ones to get!
Black Demon is offline   Reply With Quote