RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Losi Mini-Rock Crawler (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/losi-mini-rock-crawler/)
-   -   Metal Locker Install (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/losi-mini-rock-crawler/217486-metal-locker-install.html)

4low 12-17-2009 05:27 PM

Metal Locker Install

Hey guys Ive been searching but I can't find any how to's on installing the metal lockers on the MRC. I got the diff apart tonight but I not sure which side/position the metal ones need to go in. I'm obviously new to this so if yall could steer me in the right direction I would appreciate it.

kronik 12-17-2009 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4low (Post 2171051)
Hey guys Ive been searching but I can't find any how to's on installing the metal lockers on the MRC. I got the diff apart tonight but I not sure which side/position the metal ones need to go in. I'm obviously new to this so if yall could steer me in the right direction I would appreciate it.

you need a tiny screw driver! there are 4 little screws on each side, 8 screws per axle and 8 in the center, there are 24 total! be careful not to strip them!
do one at a time and match it with the new one. put the new one in and move to the other side, when the first axle is done move to the next axle, repeat, you will then move to the centers. completely remove the tranny/ motor. 4 screws each side at the bottom of the chassis to remove the tranny motor setup. dissemble and replace the same way you did the axle! hope this helps you out!"thumbsup"

4low 12-17-2009 06:39 PM

Thanks for the help! I got the rear locker installed no problem. But dangit if I didn't strip the head on one of those tiny screws on the front locker. Now I can't get the plastic ring off to replace that side. Guess I have to buy a new front diff if I want to get the metal lockers in.

kronik 12-17-2009 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4low (Post 2171179)
Thanks for the help! I got the rear locker installed no problem. But dangit if I didn't strip the head on one of those tiny screws on the front locker. Now I can't get the plastic ring off to replace that side. Guess I have to buy a new front diff if I want to get the metal lockers in.

did you get 3 out? you should still be able to get it out! those little screws are a pain in the a$$

4low 12-18-2009 06:45 AM

I got 3 out but it was on the side with the plastic ring thats sits on top of the locker. The screw runs through it so theres no way to get it out that I can see. I ordered a new diff yesterday so hopefully I will have this resolved soon.

mikegigabyte 12-18-2009 08:10 AM

I havent done mine yet so I cant be sure if this would work but when I strip screws I use a pair of dikes to pinch under the head and it will lift the screw while using the screw driver to spin it, then the threads will catch in the dikes and unscrew. There are tiny ones for cutting small wires that may work, but until I tear mine apart I may be wrong since I dont know how the screws are positioned. The parts are coming in the mail.

kronik 12-18-2009 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4low (Post 2171920)
I got 3 out but it was on the side with the plastic ring thats sits on top of the locker. The screw runs through it so theres no way to get it out that I can see. I ordered a new diff yesterday so hopefully I will have this resolved soon.

that sucks! im sorry man! those little screws suck!