Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: 1/24th Or 1/36th Scale Rock Crawler Please Post Your Thoughts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2009, 09:32 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default 1/24th Or 1/36th Scale Crawller..(UPDATE!!) Losi To Release 1/24th MRC!!!! COOL

We all know there is a high powered Losi Engineer who frequents this site so let's give him some ideas to consider. How about a Losi quality 4x4 rock crawler the size of their Micro-T size line. Maybe even a little bigger like 1/24th scale. Imagine how cool it would be to have a real quality crawler that size with all the resources of Losi behind it. Local hobby shops could have competitions inside their shops all year round. Bars could have competitions like the old Schaper Stomper fad of the EARLY 80'S. As individuals we could have an incredible setup on a board smaller than an electric train to run in the house. Maybe Losi could even market or license obstacles and the like for all of us.

Please post a reply and lets hear your thoughts and ideas so we can convince Rich to give it a go.

Go to Page 3 of the replies to start the new threads with the GREAT information!!

Last edited by stomper4x4.com; 10-17-2009 at 12:25 PM. Reason: new info available!!!
stomper4x4.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-25-2009, 09:53 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

I really enjoyed stompers and the rock crawler knock off version of them dont in the early 2K that was available in walmart. I just wish they had steering. I think a 1/24 or 1/36 crawler would be a hit because of its availability to be sold cheap as an entry level rig and people that want something small that can be enjoyed indoors on the coffee table during cold season. My buggy Stub actually is in a 1/24 scale buildup he made custom axles for on scale4x4rc.org thats pretty cool. But the truth is losi dont even have a 4x4 1/36 out with axles that arnt incorporated into the chassis itself so I think a 1/36 crawler is a ways off except for going high dollar and building them front rc4wd parts
TBex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 10:32 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Default Stompers

if you liked stompers you might like my web site www.stomper4x4.com
Old 06-25-2009, 10:33 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

I just checked out your site, it looks like alot of fun man!
Old 06-26-2009, 02:54 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Default No Interest

Looks like there's no interest in a smaller scale crawler. I thought this posting would stir a lot of communication
Old 06-26-2009, 04:22 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

I think it would be cool,but you gotta stop somewhere. I have trouble dealing with my MRC,its 2mm hardware & using 1.5mm & 0.50 tools
fordmike65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 04:43 PM   #7
RCC Addict

I dont know! Would like to see a stomper toy with a grappler body though!

What I'd REALLY like to see Losi do is Shrink down those worm gear axles for the MRC now that would be AWESOME!
Mr. Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 04:59 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

I would vote 1/24 due to the enormous amount of 1/24 plastic models there are there.
helhedded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 05:55 PM   #9
RCC Addict

If losi made a 1/24 scale crawler or smaller. Id buy one for sure.
InFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 09:34 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

This has been discussed alot in the past. But yes, we all agree, we need a micro crawler!
amorton94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 11:41 PM   #11
RCC Addict

a micro crawler? no thank you

the mrc already isnt very fat finder friendly. i cant even imagine trying on working on a 1/24 or 1/36 scale. just think about all the stripped screws when your dealing w/ a crawler that size
NeXt559 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 11:49 PM   #12
Pebble Pounder

I do agree ya gotta stop somewhere but I think a 1/36 or 1/24 would be within reason. It just wouldnt be something to dump alot of money into in the aftermarket, it would be more of a run as it comes other than maybe upgraded shocks, maybe a chassis, and definatly a few tire option but keep the parts limited so we wouldnt have to have it apart working of it alot.
Old 06-27-2009, 12:04 AM   #13
Quarry Creeper

though it would be cool to have it in the bed of your scaler???

how b.a would that be????
peyton. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 12:40 AM   #14

I'd be all for it, but generally I think companies wouldn't. It's hard to go small like that and maintain quality. It is also very expensive to produce electronics with proportional steering and throttle at that size, just think about how big your receiver and esc are now! I've dabbled with the idea myself - that is of smaller crawlers, not with the same standards as 1/10th though.

If you guys want a few ideas of how they all would look I've got a few pictures of some of my projects.

Here is a 1/35th crawler attempt (still in progress)

And I'll tell you, NeXt559 is right, the screws are smaller than hell. They are one I bought in an eye glass screw set. They really don't come much smaller.

Here is another one around 1/35th scale that doesn't have axles at all. It is based off of a ZipZaps Monster Truck and I did take the servo idea from the big guys (1/10th scale stuff)
http://s13.photobucket.com/albums/a2...t=IMG_3495.jpg

Lastly is a crawler (4x4 with locked 'axles') that would be best described as 1/64th scale. It is based off the same chassis as the previous one.

So now you see how hard it would be to have something that small with hobby grade electronics. That doesn't mean I wouldn't love to see them...or help design them.
Smoke&Mirrors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 09:02 AM   #15
Rock Crawler

im in for either one.
remember losi already has a tiny truck out there. and knowing losi, they pull off the shelf parts as often as they can, so i dont see where the problem would be...

i would love to have one... itd be bitchen
soundcolor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 01:54 PM   #16
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by stomper4x4.com View Post
Looks like there's no interest in a smaller scale crawler. I thought this posting would stir a lot of communication

I did the whole XMod thing and to me thats just too small. I would like to see a 1:24 scale crawler since I have tons of old models I could use for bodies!
crawlinlosi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 05:13 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawlinlosi View Post
I did the whole XMod thing and to me thats just too small. I would like to see a 1:24 scale crawler since I have tons of old models I could use for bodies!
Ok, those are both the same scale. Most of the models you have will probably fit on the xmod chassis.
Smoke&Mirrors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 08:34 PM   #18
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke&Mirrors View Post
Ok, those are both the same scale. Most of the models you have will probably fit on the xmod chassis.

I got the F350 XMOD It has "single link" susp. didnt crawl at all... not enough flex...
crawlinlosi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 11:23 PM   #19
Quarry Creeper

Default Mini Z Monster

I have some of the Kyosho Mini Z Monsters and they are an awesome truck. Too bad that one couldn't be a 4X4 with a straight front axle. The knock off company makes a 4x4 version but don't know how they work. Only cost $69 or something like that so can't be too good of quality. Bottom line I think if I had to vote for one scale for Losi to make it would be 1/24th.
Old 06-27-2009, 11:24 PM   #20
YSL
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by stomper4x4.com View Post
We all know there is a high powered Losi Engineer who frequents this site so let's give him some ideas to consider. How about a Losi quality 4x4 rock crawler the size of their Micro-T size line. Maybe even a little bigger like 1/24th scale. Imagine how cool it would be to have a real quality crawler that size with all the resources of Losi behind it. Local hobby shops could have competitions inside their shops all year round. Bars could have competitions like the old Schaper Stomper fad of the EARLY 80'S. As individuals we could have an incredible setup on a board smaller than an electric train to run in the house. Maybe Losi could even market or license obstacles and the like for all of us.

Please post a reply and lets hear your thoughts and ideas so we can convince Rich to give it a go.
a 1/36 should be fun, for table top crawling..
well..prior to getting the Kyosho RF 2.2, i was contemplating between customizing my Kyosho Mini Z monster to a crawler..but looking into the difficulty in customization (huge investment since i gotta buy lots of tools, dremels etc), ended up with a standard 2.2 kit..

trouble is, 1/36 may lack some OEM parts (i dun think 1/36 scale micro servo is available)..

i would suggest that you post this under "General Crawlers" as there will be more readers.

cheers
YSL is offline   Reply With Quote