Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: What do you think, changed the chassis to a tuber

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2009, 02:04 PM   #21
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikegigabyte View Post
Just got the black zip ties

Posted new pics in first post
It's amazing how it keeps your eye from being distracted like the white ones did!

Much better. ;)
mascman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-27-2009, 02:16 PM   #22
Rock Crawler

Quote:
That's a great shot.

The black zips' do make a difference. How'd you do the skulls?

She's lookin' sexy.
JeepinOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 04:40 PM   #23
Quarry Creeper

Skulls were a graphic sheet I picked up at a hobby store, next time I go outside I will get the name of the stickers, there slightly transparent so I painted the lexan black underneath. Its one 8x11 sheet of skulls just like you see. Almost looks like a cammo job.

Already got scratches on the tubes, cant even see them without looking hard, before with the paint the scratches would jump out. Luckily no skulls were damaged

Found info for the skulls Parma Carbon Skulls Decal #10631 http://shop.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&P=WR&I=LXJMF9

Last edited by mikegigabyte; 12-27-2009 at 06:54 PM.
mikegigabyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 11:12 AM   #24
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
the chrome tuber was when I first got it, now all electronics all protected, and I will secure the wires one I get some black ties.

I can only fit in the roof and rear window panels, the back door could work, but the front door panels wont work as the frame splits into different directions, and im not good enough to form metal.
I would like to try lexan, is there a place that sells it in sheets. I havent been into rc since 6 years ago and dont have any scraps laying around, so I used thin metal.

Pic how it is now

what chassis and trans. is that? thanks
mhflies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 11:49 AM   #25
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhflies View Post
what chassis and trans. is that? thanks
Not sure about the chassis (DMG Possibly), but it is a stock transmission with a metal HR case. The chassis (without knowing who made it and not trying to offend anyone) is outdated performance wise when compared to the GC3/MRC Pro or T1E moonbuggy and the metal case is unnecessary. Instead of looking back to all of these older builds, check out some of the more recent stuff if you are looking start/complete a build. There is a ton of tech also in the sticky's on the top!
TC09mini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 03:37 PM   #26
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC09mini View Post
Not sure about the chassis (DMG Possibly), but it is a stock transmission with a metal HR case. The chassis (without knowing who made it and not trying to offend anyone) is outdated performance wise when compared to the GC3/MRC Pro or T1E moonbuggy and the metal case is unnecessary. Instead of looking back to all of these older builds, check out some of the more recent stuff if you are looking start/complete a build. There is a ton of tech also in the sticky's on the top!

I have that chassis for sale, I think it was a hbz usa? cant remember the name, also remember this thread is very old

they used my pic on the website too, I thought that was cool
mikegigabyte is offline   Reply With Quote