Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Losi 600mah Cube LiPo - What Balance Tap?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2010, 02:48 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Losi 600mah Cube LiPo - What Balance Tap?

I am running the small Losi 600mah 2S LiPo on my crawler, and when I went to charge it w/ my balance charger, it did not fit my Thunder Power, Align or Polyquest balance boards - what the heck is this thing?

It looks like a "Thunder Power" balance tap, but is too small for the 2S section on my balance board - any ideas? I am currently charging w/ the Losi LiPo wall charger, but I fear the battery cells will get out of balance after so many uses/charges.

If anyone has any ideas, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you!

God bless - "Rare"
Rare Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-08-2010, 03:04 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Not to sure as to whick tab the balancer is. Someone has asked before, not sure they got an answer. But you shouldn't worry about them, I run three w/ my losi. Nevered balance a single one. Still plenty of pop ! Before I got my new charger, I charged all three at the same time on wall chargers. Not a single problem, other than there expense for size !
Sneed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 03:22 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneed View Post
Not to sure as to whick tab the balancer is. Someone has asked before, not sure they got an answer. But you shouldn't worry about them, I run three w/ my losi. Nevered balance a single one. Still plenty of pop ! Before I got my new charger, I charged all three at the same time on wall chargers. Not a single problem, other than there expense for size !

Sneed - thanks for the info! I'm very meticulous about balancing, but will just not worry about this one & hope it doesn't burst into flames during charge.

As I mentioned, it definitely looks like a TP tab, but it has (3) holes in the tap, and the smallest TP board (2S) has 4 pins, rather than (3), so I have no idea what Losi wants to use for balancing, and their wall charger info makes no mention.

Thanks, anyhow!!
Rare Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 09:45 PM   #4
RCC Addict

nobody has ever been able to come up with what balance tap will fit other than from what i can find you have to buy losi's balancer. i have followed these threads for a year and asked several times to other battery companys even unanswered emails to losi about which balance tap is compatible. i have had people mention that they just sort of forced the pins onto a hyperion board and it has worked but im like you and want to get what is correct.
rcjunky3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 06:56 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

I just buy a plug that will fit my balance board. Pulled the wires from the losi battery and cut the tabs off and used the new micro pins and plug and put them on. Pretty hard to do trying not to short the wires but ive done both of mine. This way it looks like it came that way.
I balance mine 99% of the time I charge them.
mikegigabyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 07:16 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

Local hobby shop had a pack with 2 tabs with wires that fit my balancer.

Cut and solder and everything is great.

Not a hard mod to do and don't know why anyone would bother trying to find adapters and such when you can make it work so easily.

If you can solder on a Deans then this is easy work.
mascman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 10:53 AM   #7
Rock Crawler

I've done some searching and I think I may have found some adapters for most chargers to balance these tabs. Looks as if the Losi brand lipo's use Align tabs. Here's a link http://www.maxamps.com/HYP2S-AL-Adapter.htm
My charger has Hyperion tabs for balancing, like most other chargers/balancers
Sneed is offline   Reply With Quote