Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: helhedded's GC-3

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2010, 12:41 PM   #61
Moderator Rule Breaker

Nice mod. I'll have look into doing this mod.
eric113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-24-2010, 02:03 PM   #62
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdawg53 View Post
Have you put the 7/16" spacer/fuel tubing on the inside of your shock?
An chance you could explain exactly what yo mean by this? How long? Did you do this on the Vendettas?

Thanks!
mdowney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 02:35 PM   #63
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by helhedded View Post
Thanks!

Thanks!

small update:
more belly clearance!

..not too sure if the shocks will stay like that, but it does help with sidehilling. FYI, I only had to stretch the stock gc3 links by 1mm to get them back to the correct length. The uppers will work in the lowest hole. You just have to rotate the lower links inward a little. I also have my shocks limited by 1/4", so that is why I am not seeing any binding.

Very cool Ashton I did something similiar but added height to the rear instead of lowering the front. Nice work buddy.
4xFord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 03:42 PM   #64
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric113 View Post
Nice mod. I'll have look into doing this mod.
yeah buddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdowney View Post
An chance you could explain exactly what yo mean by this? How long? Did you do this on the Vendettas?

Thanks!
"Have you put the 7/16" spacer/fuel tubing on the inside of your shock?"

Most of your answers were in his post. In my case, I have not limited internally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4xFord View Post
Very cool Ashton I did something similiar but added height to the rear instead of lowering the front. Nice work buddy.

I already have the long rod ends on my shocks all the way around. What did you do to raise your rear?
helhedded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 04:08 PM   #65
RCC Addict

I still wish I had my Mini....Just not a lot of people run them in my part of Cali
fa1rch1ld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 04:12 PM   #66
Pebble Pounder

Ok - I wasn't trying to be a smart @ss. That's just one measurement and a vague reference to some sort of "fuel tube". Nevermind. I'll ask someone else.
Old 08-24-2010, 04:52 PM   #67
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Ok - I wasn't trying to be a smart @ss. That's just one measurement and a vague reference to some sort of "fuel tube". Nevermind. I'll ask someone else.

someone is a bit grumpy! I never said that you were being a smartass... I was just pointing out the obvious... jeez
Old 08-24-2010, 05:03 PM   #68
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
someone is a bit grumpy! I never said that you were being a smartass... I was just pointing out the obvious... jeez
I must be missing something. Let me try to explain.

You said: "Have you put the 7/16" spacer/fuel tubing on the inside of your shock?"

Inside a shock body you have a shock shaft and a piston (usually) with an e-clip holding it in place. You are suggesting that a tube or spacer be slid over the shock shaft in order to function as a limiter of how far the shaft can be extended, right? If not, what do you mean by putting it "inside of your shock"?

So you said to use a 7/16" spacer or a fuel tube. That first option provides one of two important measurements. It either refers to the diameter of the spacer or the length. If it's limiting the extension of the shock shaft the _length_ of the spacer is important to know. If it's a part that I have to go find, knowing the _diameter_ is important.

Excuse me if I'm missing something really obvious here - but I just don't see it. I read your post and thought this might be something that I will need to do to the MRC I just ordered. I was just asking if you could clarify the exact size of the part that you're talking about and perhaps explain _why_ someone would need to use it.

Thanks,
Mike
Old 08-24-2010, 06:39 PM   #69
I wanna be Dave

Keep in mind that I don't run this setup. I prefer for my shocks to be limited on the outside. I would suggest that you pm Jdawg if you want specifics on his setup.

Quote:
You are suggesting that a tube or spacer be slid over the shock shaft in order to function as a limiter of how far the shaft can be extended, right?
Correct, but he was talking about putting it inside the shock body underneath the piston.

Quote:
So you said to use a 7/16" spacer or a fuel tube. That first option provides one of two important measurements. It either refers to the diameter of the spacer or the length. If it's limiting the extension of the shock shaft the _length_ of the spacer is important to know. If it's a part that I have to go find, knowing the _diameter_ is important.
7/16" is the diameter of the spacer or fuel tube. The length of that is determined by how much you want to limit your shocks. I would suggest fuel tubing because it is cheap and you can cut it to whatever size you want.

Quote:
Excuse me if I'm missing something really obvious here - but I just don't see it. I read your post and thought this might be something that I will need to do to the MRC I just ordered. I was just asking if you could clarify the exact size of the part that you're talking about and perhaps explain _why_ someone would need to use it.
You aren't missing anything. In fact you are catching everything

Limiting your shock has always been just a setup preference in my opinion. Some people do, some people don't. If you shocks are too long or if you are getting too much articulation then limiting your shocks will help in that department.

I would say that you don't have to limit these shocks internally if you are using a GC3.

Last edited by helhedded; 01-05-2011 at 02:20 PM.
Old 08-24-2010, 07:36 PM   #70
Pebble Pounder

Got it. Sorry for the confusion. Thanks for the info.
Old 08-24-2010, 09:35 PM   #71
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I already have the long rod ends on my shocks all the way around. What did you do to raise your rear?
Ahh gotcha, I just used the long ends on the rear. Similar effect though yours may have a bit more of an angle, looks sick.
Old 10-03-2010, 11:56 PM   #72
I wanna be Dave

I pulled in my first win with Lil' Focker at our club GTG on Saturday. I didnt expect to win with my bad first course run. I ended up breaking a rod end after a few rough hill-rolls but I was still able to finish the course.

I am going to Crawlapalooza this week I decided it was time for a new lid so I went with the Pro Grappler. I painted black on the outside with silver on the inside for realistic scratches. The screename, Chop Shop, and flipoff stickers were made by Bowtie @ Ultimate RC Decals. They came out excellent! I also ordered a few more Rhino 360's. I love these tiny lipos. Some more belly clearance was found by bending the front links slightly.

Alright now that's enough jib-jabber.... onto the pics

Old 11-12-2010, 10:42 PM   #73
I wanna be Dave

Nice looking mini, I love my OG GC Mini.
LIKES2CRAWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 11:12 PM   #74
I wanna be Dave

I love that those knuckles are still kickin ass. Keep up the good work Ashton.
Old 11-13-2010, 12:42 PM   #75
Quarry Creeper

Love the new shell. There's something a little "Dark Knight" and sinnister about it. Good looking rig
neiloid1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 02:22 PM   #76
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by neiloid1 View Post
Love the new shell. There's something a little "Dark Knight" and sinnister about it. Good looking rig

thanks! "Dark Knight" says it well.

stay tuned guys.... I have a few updates that I will be adding later tonight. I had to get with the times in order to keep up with everyone else

NO the update isn't Over Drive gears... I have been running them since October

Last edited by helhedded; 01-05-2011 at 02:24 PM.
Old 01-05-2011, 03:06 PM   #77
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
stay tuned guys.... I have a few updates that I will be adding later tonight. I had to get with the times in order to keep up with everyone else
Tease

Quote:
Cheater
Old 01-05-2011, 03:27 PM   #78
Just jump it!

Quote:

Still not gonna help ya beat me!!
Lol, jk.
I might have to do some upgrades on mine to stay with the times myself!
See you in 10 days!!
rottenbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 03:30 PM   #79
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by rottenbelly View Post
Still not gonna help ya beat me!!
Lol, jk.
I might have to do some upgrades on mine to stay with the times myself!
See you in 10 days!!
I need all I can get to keep up with you.

10 days it is, my friend
Old 01-05-2011, 07:05 PM   #80
Pebble Pounder

Nice build, the more i look at these gc3's the more i want one.
nytuber is offline   Reply With Quote