Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: 370 frenzy motor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2011, 05:14 AM   #21
Rock Stacker

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by droopmodmrc View Post
The insane had better drag braking ability than the frenzy(about the same speed and power). but my next motor is also gonna be the contraband.
Would the contraband go along with my stock MRC ESC? I'm thinking of getting one too but jeeze, expensive shit. But worth the money as far as I saw it on youtube etc..
Frozenroses is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-27-2011, 07:21 AM   #22
Quarry Creeper

The stock esc on the mrc has run a 540 motor for me and a scaler I saw in rccaraction magazine runs a mrc esc with 540 motor you just need larger wires for batt and motor connection
So therefor I see know reason it couldn't run any brushed 370 sized motor.
droopmodmrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 11:01 PM   #23
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by droopmodmrc View Post
I got the frenzy motor installed and it is nice and fast and has no cogging at low speed . but I had to get larger diameter mounting bolts. I had to elongate the holes in the motor plate. turn the stock pinion around and grind some off the pinion length. but it was ez the plate drilling is like butter .and you could get a different pinion and not have to mod the stock one .so im very happy with it . i will post a video with the speed and low speed control when i get home from work . motor was 13 bucks cant go wrong with that .
Thank you for posting this info. I was wondering if you needed the same mods to the motor plate to fit the Insane motor?
toyotatrucks83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 02:02 AM   #24
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyotatrucks83 View Post
Thank you for posting this info. I was wondering if you needed the same mods to the motor plate to fit the Insane motor?
Nope, normally not. I run the frenzy motor too and it works great. I have a scaler so I have to carry a lot of weight. I changed pinions to 11t instead of the stock 14t and I still have the 60t spur.

Frozenroses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 06:33 PM   #25
Pebble Pounder

My son's comp rig has the stock motor + a few tweaks & I was thinking of giving him a little power boost for this year. I have a spare frenzy from a losi mini high roller but it sound like the concesus is a HH over the frenzy or insane? I would be keeping all electronics the same but have no problem chaging gears. Cheers!

Last edited by Snipervision; 03-15-2011 at 06:38 PM.
Snipervision is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
370, frenzy, losi, motor, mrc