Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: 370 frenzy motor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2010, 09:37 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default 370 frenzy motor

any info on how the losi frenzy 370 motor does in the mrc i also have a 370 insane motor in my desert buggy so the frenzy can go in the buggy and ill use the insane in the crawler . witch do you figure does best out of those to in the crawler . thanks for any input
droopmodmrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-22-2010, 10:14 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

don't know about the frenzy, but the insane is a pretty good crawler motor for the mrc
soundcolor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 12:32 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

I got the frenzy motor installed and it is nice and fast and has no cogging at low speed . but I had to get larger diameter mounting bolts. I had to elongate the holes in the motor plate. turn the stock pinion around and grind some off the pinion length. but it was ez the plate drilling is like butter .and you could get a different pinion and not have to mod the stock one .so im very happy with it . i will post a video with the speed and low speed control when i get home from work . motor was 13 bucks cant go wrong with that .
Old 04-23-2010, 08:14 PM   #4
RCC Addict

the Insane motor ROCKS!
Mr. Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 11:53 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

yeah I have both the insane and the frenzy and I will test both and post what one I liked better on here.
Old 04-26-2010, 06:26 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Default Frenzy 370 video

Video to show low speed control, drag brake and then torque and wheel speed at the end . This motor rocks. enjoy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Qm__VUb0nY
Old 04-27-2010, 07:14 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Default another 370 frenzy

Thanks to thespoonmaker on youtube .got his permission to post his video up on here. frenzy motor In MRC.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jMm0M8n0UE
Old 04-28-2010, 12:39 PM   #8
RCC Addict

Try the fireball,good motor.
vipxj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 02:05 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipxj View Post
Try the fireball,good motor.
so make thread for the fireball, and show the video footage of the performance. also you can post it up in the motor suggestions thread someone made.
so we can compare .because just saying its great motor isn't helping anyone IMO need the video.lets make that one the "my motor shaft is bigger than yours thread " this is mostly discussion of the 370 frenzy motor and I am gonna compare it to the insane 370 motor that I have so you are welcome to post a video of the fire ball on here if you like .thanks for the posts
Old 04-28-2010, 02:20 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by droopmodmrc View Post
Thanks to thespoonmaker on youtube .got his permission to post his video up on here. frenzy motor In MRC.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jMm0M8n0UE

Cool vid!
MRCnoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 06:24 AM   #11
Quarry Creeper

I tried out the Insane 370 and it is about the same speed/power except the drag brake improved with this motor over the frenzy so this one is staying in . No roll at all with the Insane motor.
Old 06-09-2010, 08:56 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper

Can you use the stock electronics with the 370 insane motor?
bluechevytuber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 09:11 PM   #13

idk why you wouldnt be able to but ive got the frenzy 370 motor and was thinking of puttin it into my tuber mrc but ill give some feedback when i do
double_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 04:04 PM   #14
Rock Stacker

Quote:
I got the frenzy motor installed and it is nice and fast and has no cogging at low speed . but I had to get larger diameter mounting bolts. I had to elongate the holes in the motor plate. turn the stock pinion around and grind some off the pinion length. but it was ez the plate drilling is like butter .and you could get a different pinion and not have to mod the stock one .so im very happy with it . i will post a video with the speed and low speed control when i get home from work . motor was 13 bucks cant go wrong with that .
I got my Frenzy motor today and I did the same. I guess double wheel speed, works real well for 13 bucks!
Frozenroses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 07:50 PM   #15

Default nooooob sorry

Quote:
Forgive me, the mrc is my first crawler and i need a new motor and would love to do this to mine. Can you guys tell me what size bit you used to drill the plate the motor bolts to? and is it all plug and play?
harry22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 12:21 AM   #16
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry22 View Post
Forgive me, the mrc is my first crawler and i need a new motor and would love to do this to mine. Can you guys tell me what size bit you used to drill the plate the motor bolts to? and is it all plug and play?
I got an MRC-scaler. Weights about 2 kg so it's far from original anymore. Had to use other pinions. Used a 11t to a 60 t spur. Soon will change to a 10t - 62t spur. Change pinions, works well and you'll have tons of torque and just enough wheel speed. And I'm using regular Nimh bats so a Lipo 2s would blow this thing straight to the moon. But I really do not recommend a Lipo 3s.
Old 02-24-2011, 01:01 AM   #17
Quarry Creeper

ive tried a ton of different mrc motors, so far the insane 370 is by far my favorite. i hav been curious about the contraband motors.
chino925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 05:59 AM   #18
I wanna be Dave

I have tried the slider motor and the Reedy stump puller. Currently I am running the Holmes Hobby TMM, it is a solid motor. I have only heard great things about the contraband motors. It will be my next motor.
Jslick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 07:23 PM   #19
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jslick View Post
I have tried the slider motor and the Reedy stump puller. Currently I am running the Holmes Hobby TMM, it is a solid motor. I have only heard great things about the contraband motors. It will be my next motor.
The contraband is the mafia motor no? If that's right I guess I will choose between the HH mini torque or the mafia contraband..
Old 02-25-2011, 05:23 PM   #20
Quarry Creeper

The insane had better drag braking ability than the frenzy(about the same speed and power). but my next motor is also gonna be the contraband.

Tags
370, frenzy, losi, motor, mrc