RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Losi Mini-Rock Crawler (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/losi-mini-rock-crawler/)
-   -   370 frenzy motor (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/losi-mini-rock-crawler/245652-370-frenzy-motor.html)

droopmodmrc 04-22-2010 09:37 AM

370 frenzy motor

any info on how the losi frenzy 370 motor does in the mrc i also have a 370 insane motor in my desert buggy so the frenzy can go in the buggy and ill use the insane in the crawler . witch do you figure does best out of those to in the crawler . thanks for any input"thumbsup"

soundcolor 04-22-2010 10:14 AM

don't know about the frenzy, but the insane is a pretty good crawler motor for the mrc

droopmodmrc 04-22-2010 12:32 PM

I got the frenzy motor installed and it is nice and fast and has no cogging at low speed . but I had to get larger diameter mounting bolts. I had to elongate the holes in the motor plate. turn the stock pinion around and grind some off the pinion length. but it was ez the plate drilling is like butter .and you could get a different pinion and not have to mod the stock one .so im very happy with it . i will post a video with the speed and low speed control when i get home from work . motor was 13 bucks cant go wrong with that ."thumbsup"

Mr. Ed 04-23-2010 08:14 PM

the Insane motor ROCKS!

droopmodmrc 04-24-2010 11:53 AM

yeah I have both the insane and the frenzy and I will test both and post what one I liked better on here.

droopmodmrc 04-26-2010 06:26 AM

Frenzy 370 video

Video to show low speed control, drag brake and then torque and wheel speed at the end . This motor rocks.:mrgreen: enjoy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Qm__VUb0nY

droopmodmrc 04-27-2010 07:14 PM

another 370 frenzy

Thanks to thespoonmaker on youtube .got his permission to post his video up on here. frenzy motor In MRC.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jMm0M8n0UE

vipxj 04-28-2010 12:39 PM

Try the fireball,good motor.

droopmodmrc 04-28-2010 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vipxj (Post 2429730)
Try the fireball,good motor.

so make thread for the fireball, and show the video footage of the performance. also you can post it up in the motor suggestions thread someone made.
so we can compare .because just saying its great motor isn't helping anyone IMO need the video.lets make that one the "my motor shaft is bigger than yours thread " this is mostly discussion of the 370 frenzy motor and I am gonna compare it to the insane 370 motor that I have so you are welcome to post a video of the fire ball on here if you like .thanks for the posts "thumbsup"

MRCnoob 04-28-2010 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by droopmodmrc (Post 2428657)
Thanks to thespoonmaker on youtube .got his permission to post his video up on here. frenzy motor In MRC.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jMm0M8n0UE

Cool vid!

droopmodmrc 04-30-2010 06:24 AM

I tried out the Insane 370 and it is about the same speed/power except the drag brake improved with this motor over the frenzy so this one is staying in . No roll at all with the Insane motor.

bluechevytuber 06-09-2010 08:56 PM

Can you use the stock electronics with the 370 insane motor?

double_D 06-09-2010 09:11 PM

idk why you wouldnt be able to but ive got the frenzy 370 motor and was thinking of puttin it into my tuber mrc but ill give some feedback when i do

Frozenroses 01-19-2011 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by droopmodmrc (Post 2420724)
I got the frenzy motor installed and it is nice and fast and has no cogging at low speed . but I had to get larger diameter mounting bolts. I had to elongate the holes in the motor plate. turn the stock pinion around and grind some off the pinion length. but it was ez the plate drilling is like butter .and you could get a different pinion and not have to mod the stock one .so im very happy with it . i will post a video with the speed and low speed control when i get home from work . motor was 13 bucks cant go wrong with that ."thumbsup"

I got my Frenzy motor today and I did the same. I guess double wheel speed, works real well for 13 bucks! "thumbsup"

harry22 02-23-2011 07:50 PM

nooooob sorry

Quote:

Originally Posted by droopmodmrc (Post 2420724)

Forgive me, the mrc is my first crawler and i need a new motor and would love to do this to mine. Can you guys tell me what size bit you used to drill the plate the motor bolts to? and is it all plug and play?

Frozenroses 02-24-2011 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by harry22 (Post 2947571)
Forgive me, the mrc is my first crawler and i need a new motor and would love to do this to mine. Can you guys tell me what size bit you used to drill the plate the motor bolts to? and is it all plug and play?

I got an MRC-scaler. Weights about 2 kg so it's far from original anymore. Had to use other pinions. Used a 11t to a 60 t spur. Soon will change to a 10t - 62t spur. Change pinions, works well and you'll have tons of torque and just enough wheel speed. And I'm using regular Nimh bats so a Lipo 2s would blow this thing straight to the moon. But I really do not recommend a Lipo 3s.

chino925 02-24-2011 01:01 AM

ive tried a ton of different mrc motors, so far the insane 370 is by far my favorite. i hav been curious about the contraband motors.

Jslick 02-24-2011 05:59 AM

I have tried the slider motor and the Reedy stump puller. Currently I am running the Holmes Hobby TMM, it is a solid motor. I have only heard great things about the contraband motors. It will be my next motor.

Frozenroses 02-24-2011 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jslick (Post 2948286)
I have tried the slider motor and the Reedy stump puller. Currently I am running the Holmes Hobby TMM, it is a solid motor. I have only heard great things about the contraband motors. It will be my next motor.

The contraband is the mafia motor no? If that's right I guess I will choose between the HH mini torque or the mafia contraband.. :)

droopmodmrc 02-25-2011 05:23 PM

The insane had better drag braking ability than the frenzy(about the same speed and power). but my next motor is also gonna be the contraband.