Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Homemade Courses!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2010, 09:01 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Homemade Courses!!

i searched numerous times and couldnt find anything on it.. sooo Lets see those homemade courses! some might get new ideas for theres or who knows?? i know i cant be the only one that built one..

Ill have pics of mine tomorrow when theres more light!
losimini760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-28-2010, 09:19 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Try this
home courses or rock gardens
Twisted Nuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 10:47 AM   #3
Rock Stacker

Here is my indoor "testing" course

It is about 1/4 of the size I would like, but I have a Friend living in the basement, so for the time being this is all i get.

Last edited by NooB84; 04-29-2010 at 02:51 PM.
NooB84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 08:38 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Nuts View Post

thanks guess i couldnt find that one...
Old 04-29-2010, 08:39 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NooB84 View Post
Here is my indoor "testing" course

It is about 1/4 of the size I would like, but I have a Friend living in the basement, so for the time being this is all i get.

that one looks great!! it looks like it would be amazing with a micro.
Old 04-29-2010, 08:43 PM   #6
Rock Stacker

here is mine with some action shots..
this is the best one of my course.. its nice cause when i get bored with it just move some rocks and its a totally new course.

i plan on making a "trail" course hopefully this weekend.
Old 04-30-2010, 10:59 PM   #7
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by losimini760 View Post
here is mine with some action shots..
this is the best one of my course.. its nice cause when i get bored with it just move some rocks and its a totally new course.

i plan on making a "trail" course hopefully this weekend.

Okay your course officially kicks a..!

Looks fun, good job!
wangankin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 10:07 PM   #8
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by wangankin View Post
Okay your course officially kicks a..!

Looks fun, good job!

Thanks!! Im wanting to do like a mini comp here in like a month when i get it completely done..(Im making a totally new one for 1/8 1/10 and 1/18 scales..) but im keeping this one too.. lol
Old 05-03-2010, 11:13 AM   #9
Rock Crawler

heres an old how-to i did a while back.
murdock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 04:21 PM   #10
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by murdock View Post
heres an old how-to i did a while back.
your track has amazing details! I would of gave up on something that detailed.. I dont know if i missed it or what but how long did that take you?
Old 05-04-2010, 01:16 AM   #11

Quote:
that one looks great!! it looks like it would be amazing with a micro.
hey was just wondering what you put over the chicken wire? is it some kind of plaster? when i get my mrc im going to have to twist the folks arm to let me make one of these bad boys and put it some where in side
dcviper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 11:03 AM   #12
Rock Stacker

If you where referring to my setup, Its called nap (same material that bags of potatoes used to come in). And then I put quickcrete over that. I did 2 coats of the concrete, 120lbs worth. It is strong enough to walk on.
NooB84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 09:24 PM   #13
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Thanks!! Im wanting to do like a mini comp here in like a month when i get it completely done..(Im making a totally new one for 1/8 1/10 and 1/18 scales..) but im keeping this one too.. lol

Sorry but I think I am going to self invite myself to your house to crawl!
wangankin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 08:13 AM   #14
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by wangankin View Post
Sorry but I think I am going to self invite myself to your house to crawl!

anybody is more then welcome to come by.. I started working on the much larger course this week.. hope to get it done by this weekend...
Old 05-10-2010, 06:06 AM   #15

my rooftop course, it never stays the same for long though!

scottiej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 11:04 PM   #16
Rock Stacker

The new track. I drove what is there so far today with my MRC and it was actually very technical. Alot more thinking then the other track. lol

I will have some more pics as it progresses. So far it has trails, suspenesion bridge, logs, rock, and im designing the water feature for it. I am still keeping my other course too!! this one is gunna be mainly for my WK scaler.

keep in mind there is still more that im gunna do to the other side of the rock section and the whole log setion is cut out it is prolly 5*7 section of LOGS!! i will try to get better pics tomorro.
Old 05-15-2010, 08:17 PM   #17

Where do you guys get your rocks? Are you buying them from a landscaping place, or just picking them up from the side of the road somewhere or something? There is a place about an hour from here where they made a big road cut through some limestone and there are constant falls. About once a year they come through with dump trucks and just scoop it all up and take it away. The rocks range in size from tiny to 1.5' x 3', about 4" thick. They are some healthy rocks.
Josh83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 09:12 PM   #18
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh83 View Post
Where do you guys get your rocks? Are you buying them from a landscaping place, or just picking them up from the side of the road somewhere or something? There is a place about an hour from here where they made a big road cut through some limestone and there are constant falls. About once a year they come through with dump trucks and just scoop it all up and take it away. The rocks range in size from tiny to 1.5' x 3', about 4" thick. They are some healthy rocks.
well ive heard of people going to construction sites and asking for some and they just give them to them. but where i live(wrightwood)its in the mountains and there is more rock then anyone could ever need! Every where i turn theres more rocks and more Trials. but i chose to make this so i didnt have to leave my house..
Old 05-16-2010, 12:35 AM   #19
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh83 View Post

There is a wash full of rocks about 5 miles from my house, I filled up the back of my truck with em and took them home. I also found a bunch of broken concrete that someone had dumped on the side of the road and i loaded up some of that as well.
megaherz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 09:11 AM   #20
Rock Crawler

Broken bits of concrete are abundant in the cities and suburbs, especially around newer housing developments; concrete makes a great hidden base layer for building elevation without using "good rocks." Many contractors leave/dump lots of crap and it's amazing what can be found (concrete chunks to plywood to plexiglass, in my experiences). Just be wary of any "pillaging" laws you may have locally (and make sure what you're taking IS junk just in case Mr. L.E.O. asks you some questions). It's that time of year, too - wear gloves and watch for snakes and spiders.

After you have enough concrete take that trip to the hills and load up on the rocks! It's common sense, but again, be wary of laws and your location. Just because there are rocks on the side of the road doesn't necessarily mean you can take them. Sometimes the easiest rocks to take are there for specific purposes (rip rap for erosion, rocks for private landscaping, etc) and it may not go over well if a Land Owner came up on you and their rocks!

As mentioned, don't be afraid to ask. You may also watch the news paper ad's or Craig's List - there may be folks within the city that have concrete/rocks that they want to give away just to get it off their property. Heck, since CL is free you could place a Wanted Ad if you get desperate.
JeepinOR is offline   Reply With Quote