Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: GC3 electronics locations

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2010, 02:30 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default GC3 electronics locations

The GC3 chassis makes mounting electronics much different. I am running the stock esc with a novak external lipo cutoff, so there is a bit of wire mess, but I like where everything is mounted so far. I would like to see any other ideas you guys have for mounting the battery,esc,servo(bta),shock mount locations,link mount locations, ect... My main problem right now is where to mount the battery. I don't want the lipo on the servo or rear plate because it can bash on rocks. I might just fit a rubber cap over the end of my lipo's so they can take more of a hit.

Here is what I got so far. It crawls magnificently.

droopmodmrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-08-2010, 10:48 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

I use a much smaller lipo (850 bashing, 450 comps) and velcro it to the top strip across chassis and the flat side of the trans. Then I took a large but thin o-ring and fed it around the upright of the chassis, back through itself, and other side hooks to an old ball stud I have bolted in an unused upper link mount hole. The oring that works perpectly is the green molded o-ring from the oil screen of a KTM 950 Adventurer motorcycle, about a buck.
picklewagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 09:46 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

here's mine. I'm not pleased with the wiring so that's still a work in progress. I'm thinking about shortening up the longer wires. I'm happy with how it crawls for now. I've left the front upper links open because i'm working on getting some smaller lipos that I can fit there eventually. I also have run the battery on the back plate and I haven't had any problems with it getting bashed. I just don't like the weight on the rear as much, Even if you do run it on the back though it's really not that much weight and I don't notice much difference in the performance between my 2 battery mount locations

James003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 06:37 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

The hardest part was finding a battery that would fit.

jdawg53's GC-3
jdawg53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 11:55 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

I feel you on wanting to keep the battery out of harm's way but I think you're about out of options. The weight on the rear axle may be a good thing and if you can add a bit of armor to the battery the flips and rolls may not be so bad. How about a piece of shrink tube or even bicycle tube? I use shrink tube on my small lipos and it adds a nice layer of protection; I imagine a bicycle inner-tube of the right diameter, or something like it, would do nicely...

Last edited by JeepinOR; 05-10-2010 at 11:58 AM.
JeepinOR is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gc3, losi, mini rock crawler