Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

View Poll Results: Would you be interested in this kind of chassis?
Yes 9 45.00%
No 11 55.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: AB Design - "M"VP Chassis

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2010, 09:02 AM   #61
RCC Addict

Default Projected Price

Its looking like the projected price will be $35 Shipped. Im going to be doing some testing this weekend then once my tester has some feed back for me ill make nesicary design tweaks and then start making them available.
Abavuso is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-10-2010, 04:10 PM   #62
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abavuso View Post
Its looking like the projected price will be $35 Shipped. Im going to be doing some testing this weekend then once my tester has some feed back for me ill make nesicary design tweaks and then start making them available.
ok. you might have at least one customer lined up already at that price!
jebster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 05:52 PM   #63
I wanna be Dave

so, i took some measurements off my maxstone 16. width between the vertical plates = 59mm. bottom of the skid to top of transmission = 52mm. skid plate mounting holes (center - center) = 7mm. let me know if you think it could work. a little modification isn't a big deal for me.
Old 12-10-2010, 06:04 PM   #64
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebster View Post
so, i took some measurements off my maxstone 16. width between the vertical plates = 59mm. bottom of the skid to top of transmission = 52mm. skid plate mounting holes (center - center) = 7mm. let me know if you think it could work. a little modification isn't a big deal for me.

Those measurments are identical to the MRC so it should mount up with no modifications.
Old 12-11-2010, 11:33 AM   #65
RCC Addict

Default Pictures on the Rocks

Here's some pictures on the rocks... I have some short crapy video I'll post later... it's kinda tough to crawl on snow and ice covered rocks... The indoor place was closed today.

Old 12-11-2010, 11:58 AM   #66
RCC Addict

Default Video

Old 12-11-2010, 12:05 PM   #67
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Those measurments are identical to the MRC so it should mount up with no modifications.
great! i should be able to put an order in right around x-mas time if you have them ready to go.
Old 12-14-2010, 08:53 PM   #68
RCC Addict

Default Front plate changes

So i wanted to be able to use stock lowers as uppers in the front as an option also, so here's what I did for the front plate.

I widened the holes in the rear of the plate so there would be no binding if both were mounted on the underside of the plate. I also added a variety of mounting positions for various length uppers to allow you to use stock parts or custom fabed parts to make room for your OTA or BTA kits...

My test for measurments...

The CAD for the new plate.

Old 12-14-2010, 08:58 PM   #69
Rock Crawler

I like it, It looks mean, I wish more guys in my club ran 1.9's
aaugman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 08:29 AM   #70
I wanna be Dave

Great job Adam, Hope I win one. If not I'll buy one.(smack talk) then I can beat you with your own rig. I am very happy that you have worked hard to get this done.

Last edited by Jslick; 12-15-2010 at 08:58 AM.
Jslick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 06:38 PM   #71
RCC Addict

So far from what I can tell is that this chassis is going to work awesome on the rocks. but first I need to get some time to test it on rocks that aren't snow covered...

The eletronics fit kinda tight but not imposable. My recomedation is a CC Sidewinder or and Tekin, somthing that takes as little space as posible. I was able to mount my Sidewinder micro up under the front nose and put the small lipo in the cab. Of you could always mount the ESC in the cab and the small lipo on the rear axle plate.

I found the easiest way to fit the eletrinics in was to wire it up with the roof brace removed and shock plates out of the truck. I really like the way the shock plate's enable you to have lots of ability to zip down wires and such to keep it clean.

The request is out the the shop so I'll have an Idea soon as to when these bad boys will be in stock.

Stay tuned...
Old 12-15-2010, 09:56 PM   #72
RCC Addict

Default MVP v2 & TT Reduction Set Up

So from my first initial test, I've found that if I raise the rear links on the back axle 6mm and stock lowers in the front for uppers mounted in the front edge of the servo plate. it will allow you to crawl 55 degrees on the traction board before the right front wheel slightly lifts. Now it's time to lower the uppers in the chassis side for a test to see how that makes it work.

Current Location on the chassis side.

Old 12-15-2010, 10:26 PM   #73
RCC Addict

Man, I am going to need to order like 4 or 5 of them for my army of MRCs that the kids have. I really should get around to putting in the metal lockers in the rest of them. :-)
Tin Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 08:14 PM   #74
RCC Addict

Cant wait to get back from this buisness trip sunday... I need to do some more testing.
Old 12-18-2010, 07:04 AM   #75
I wanna be Dave

what size holes (M2, M2.5, M3?) are the link mounting points on the chassis? for my exceed maxstone 16 i'm planning on changing up the link geometry and will probably need some new ball ends. want to get the size that will work with this chassis.
Old 12-18-2010, 07:55 PM   #76
RCC Addict

Link holes are set for 3 mm

Quote:
what size holes (M2, M2.5, M3?) are the link mounting points on the chassis? for my exceed maxstone 16 i'm planning on changing up the link geometry and will probably need some new ball ends. want to get the size that will work with this chassis.
Old 12-18-2010, 10:09 PM   #77
RCC Addict

Link holes are set for 3 mm

Quote:
Old 12-19-2010, 07:18 AM   #78
I wanna be Dave

does that include the lower (stock) links? i know you mentioned using traxxas ball ends for the uppers but do the lowers use the original M2 ball ends?

i'm excited about my son opening his x-mas present so i, i mean he, can start modifying it with things like the MVP chassis!
Old 12-19-2010, 12:24 PM   #79
RCC Addict

Quote:
does that include the lower (stock) links? i know you mentioned using traxxas ball ends for the uppers but do the lowers use the original M2 ball ends?

i'm excited about my son opening his x-mas present so i, i mean he, can start modifying it with things like the MVP chassis!
Use the stock lowers (2.5mm I think) and 3mm hardware for the uppers.
Old 12-19-2010, 12:31 PM   #80
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Use the stock lowers (2.5mm I think) and 3mm hardware for the uppers.
ok. i'm heading to the hobby store today to start stocking up on parts i'll need to convert over to the mvp.

i am thinking about fabricating a new transmission skid plate. i'd like to bring the lower links at the chassis end towards the center (like the xr10). hoping to get a little more steering angle out and i need to get the lowers pulled in some. as far as material goes i've seen people use cutting boards, which is a cheap option. i don't have any derlin sheet laying around.