Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

View Poll Results: Would you be interested in this kind of chassis?
Yes 9 45.00%
No 11 55.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: AB Design - "M"VP Chassis

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2011, 06:20 AM   #101
RCC Addict

Ill have to check for you on that. I know it not as good as it could be. I would need to get some of those zero ackerman knuckles to really push the limits. Adding the swing shaft really helps it run smother than the dog bones did and gets you to the max angle with less strain on the servo. My only consern is the cvd joint breaking. They don't look that sturdy. Time will tell. Ive heard that some people mod lcc shafts to fit which woul be ideal. I still need to look into that though.
Abavuso is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-2011, 06:21 AM   #102
Quarry Creeper

Hey there.
I would love toknow how much steering the 3racing (swingshaft) CVDs give, compared to Losi CVDs. I run the Losi ones, they are fine apart from at full lock they "bounce" as they rotate (at one point they can steer further than when the pin comes round in the joint). I wondered if the 3racing ones suffer from this "Bounce"?

cheers
G
Gfresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 07:08 AM   #103
RCC Addict

Ill let you know i just got them installed but havent had a chance to try them. Ill pull one backout and measure the full clock. I know they can stear further than the curent knuckles i have on will allow.
Old 01-04-2011, 09:59 PM   #104
RCC Addict

Default MVP Skid

So I'm working on a skid redesign to improve the triangulation for the stock MRC... here's what I came up with... I need to get one made for testing but it would bolt directly on to the MRC and my MVP chassis.
Attached Images

Old 01-05-2011, 04:16 AM   #105
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abavuso View Post
So I'm working on a skid redesign to improve the triangulation for the stock MRC... here's what I came up with... I need to get one made for testing but it would bolt directly on to the MRC and my MVP chassis.
this is just what i was looking for. if you get something made up i'll be very interested!
jebster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 02:51 PM   #106
RCC Addict

Default MVP In Stock

The MVP's showed up a few days early. I'll be packaging and sorting the kits tonight, cutting the braces for the kits tomarrow after work an they will be in the mail Friday morning for all the pre-orders.
Old 01-05-2011, 04:10 PM   #107
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abavuso View Post
The MVP's showed up a few days early. I'll be packaging and sorting the kits tonight, cutting the braces for the kits tomarrow after work an they will be in the mail Friday morning for all the pre-orders.
sweet!
Old 01-05-2011, 06:54 PM   #108
RCC Addict

Default Sleep is over rated

Sleep is over rated I got 7 of them packed up and ready to go so I should have them in the mail in the morning.

Old 01-05-2011, 07:53 PM   #109
Quarry Creeper

Awesome Adam , you da man/machine more like it .

You are correct sleep is over rated.. I live by a couple moto's

1. i'll sleep when i'm dead
2. it's not that life is short , it's that your dead for soooo freakin long

Great work bud , several more soon-to-be MVP v2 owners in route .
vn1500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 09:18 PM   #110
RCC Addict

Well, I dedided to put some wheel wideners on the front, Thinking about doing the rear also but havn't got that far just yet. It pushed the track to 8in on the nose. Well see how she crawls if the snow will ever go away long enought for me to get on the rocks.... I need indoor crawling space!!!!!

Looks like I'll be heading to Colorado this spring after all... hummm... can't wait!

Old 01-10-2011, 07:44 PM   #111
I wanna be Dave

adam, i just wanted to say thanks for the awesome product!

i got my chassis on friday and started the install on my son's maxstone 16. it has worked out awesome. didn't want to clutter up your thread with pics so you can check them out on the thread i started awhile back (exceed rc maxstone 16 upgrades and tuning?).

outside of having to change it from 4 vertical plates to 6 (i think i must have mis-measured the transmission height so i ended up cutting the shock mounting plates to separate the front and rear) everything fit like a glove! i took it for some test runs around the basement and it works great. little to no TT given the 4-link geometry and plenty of clearance and articulation.

thanks again. great product and great service!
Old 01-10-2011, 07:52 PM   #112
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebster View Post
outside of having to change it from 4 vertical plates to 6 (i think i must have mis-measured the transmission height so i ended up cutting the shock mounting plates to separate the front and rear)
I was looking at the picture, it looks like the Max Stone tranny is mounted facing the rear where the stock MRC is mounted facing the front. I don't know if that would make a diference in clearance if the tranny was flipped. I'm glad it worked out for you. If you need anything, as always just let me know.
Old 01-10-2011, 08:36 PM   #113
I wanna be Dave

Looking Good Adam. like the wideners. I would just run them in the front.
Jslick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 08:47 PM   #114
RCC Addict

Only problem is that I think they make the track a hair too wide... It measures exactly 8in from where the tread contacts the ground but 8 1/4in to the edge of the rubber that squished out under the weight of the rig... I've got another set of wheels to try and see if the offset is different. It's not, I'll have to take and 1/8th in off either side.
Old 01-10-2011, 09:13 PM   #115
I wanna be Dave

Are you going to Motorama?? I would love to see your rigs run there.
Old 01-10-2011, 09:20 PM   #116
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jslick View Post
Are you going to Motorama?? I would love to see your rigs run there.
As of now, I'm planning on going, I just have to hold off on the registration to make sure I can afford it... It I can't aford it, I'm still going to bring my rigs and show them off. I get my w2's on 10 days so I can do my taxes and see what I'm going to be getting back, then I'll submit my registration.

I think I'm going to need a BEC for my MRC after all, if the bat isn't fully charged it starts glitching when the servo is working it's hardest. like it's pulling more juce the the ESC wants it to.
Old 01-10-2011, 09:43 PM   #117
I wanna be Dave

I hope you can make it. I am going to get one for mine as well, I want to run a stronger servo like my spare HS-7954SH 402 oz. , it will be better than the HS-645MG 133oz. I have in it now. I am getting the felsenfest knuckles, they are in the mail. got new c's rear lockouts, HH TMM and a bunch of stuff fo the LCC also.
Old 01-12-2011, 02:07 PM   #118
WTF
Pebble Pounder

First off, Thanks Adam. I pre-ordered this chassis, quoted shipping on the 10th, it was in my PO box on the 8th . Well packaged, fairly clear instructions (i gotta stop speed reading ), hardware bagged. Well worth the $$ spent Still needs a skid, body panels, and the crossbraces tapped, but I'm sure that would have raised the price a bit... I'll get a build thread going, but it may be a slow @$$ build. Holding the chassis next to my Eclipse, It really has a different feel/look. After building the Eclipse it quickly became my favorite rig... I can't wait to get the MVP going so I can fairly compare them both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock hard View Post
I would lose the top spacer at the back,you dont need 2
the lower one I would move up and use for the rear shocks
That would remove 1 spacer,and 4 screws,2 lock nuts off your ass end
I would move the front spacer back and use for the front shocks
that would lose 1 spacer,2 screws and 2 lock nuts
I would use smaller delrin rod for the top 2 on the cab
tap it for 2mm and use 2mm screws up top
That would lower you top side weight a bit.
After receiving the chassis and reading through your thread, what rock hard said got me thinking, I agree the extra brace seems unnecessary.
Crossbrace = 1.6g
4 Screws = 2g
2 Locknuts = .8g
So, 4.4g off the back end
The front crossbrace I would keep both and move the front one back as a shock mount, but I think that would only remove a pair of screws and locknuts, 1.8g off the front. If you removed a crossbrace too like rock hard said that would save 3.4g up front. So a savings of 6.2g - 7.8g off the chassis. So I'm at 79g now with the chassis and hardware, down from 85g. With the crossbraces mounted as shocks it seems I can shave the chassis down a bit off the rear maybe save another couple of grams. As well as try the smaller braces up top.
Once again thank you for a great product, and quick service
WTF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 06:05 PM   #119
RCC Addict

Thank you for the advice, ive been working on trimming the "fat" per rock hards sugestions i will take your thoughts at well and work them into a version 3.

The reason behing having the two mounting holes in front and rear is i was conserned there would un wanted flex in the nose and tail piece. With only one mount in the front and rear.

Skid- I've sent the skid design out and am waiting on a responce to get some made up to offer with the kit or alone for those running stock chassis to improve their link geometry.

Lastly some of the material you talked about cutting out is mearly cosmetic.

If a can find some one to cut body panels i will offer those aswell. Im still searching. I wasnt too conserned about the panels because everyone i know has their seams to use a diferent material. Thats why i provided a template, also to keep the final price down.

Keep the comments comming.
Old 01-12-2011, 08:29 PM   #120
WTF
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by abavuso View Post
thank you for the advice, ive been working on trimming the "fat" per rock hards sugestions i will take your thoughts at well and work them into a version 3.
The reason behing having the two mounting holes in front and rear is i was conserned there would un wanted flex in the nose and tail piece. With only one mount in the front and rear.

your design feels solid... With the crossbrace as a shock brace, should have no problems with flex

skid- i've sent the skid design out and am waiting on a responce to get some made up to offer with the kit or alone for those running stock chassis to improve their link geometry.
Lastly some of the material you talked about cutting out is mearly cosmetic.
If a can find some one to cut body panels i will offer those aswell. Im still searching. I wasnt too conserned about the panels because everyone i know has their seams to use a diferent material. Thats why i provided a template, also to keep the final price down.
Keep the comments comming.

the price is killer for whats included, the template is a good idea, will be picking up a skid as soon as they're available.
As I trim stuff off I'll take pics and weights
Thanks again...
WTF is offline   Reply With Quote