Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Del Monte's Mini Rock Crawler PRO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2010, 07:16 PM   #21
Rock Crawler

Wow! So just over 1/3rd of the rigs total weight is the two front wheels!
J.DUKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-18-2010, 03:52 AM   #22
I wanna be Dave

Ok so I ended up making some 1.9 Boss claws and took the rig out for the first time tonight. Im not sure if it is a suspension setup thing or a tire/foam thing but anytime I hit a ledge with the fronts or rears they just bounce like crazy. I made mine a little different than you made yours, mine use the whole eclipse tire (shortened) with the sidewall from some comp claws (should have looked at your pics more closely before cutting). What would you change first?

Also I tried setting my links up like yours and the fronts seem to bind on the front edge of the chassis...Any tips on how your setup is working?
SMR 510RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 08:30 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Del Monte View Post
My 1.9 boss claws are made from Losi 320 series Eclipse tires and mini rock claw sidewalls. It takes longer to make these then it did to make hand-made 2.2 Boss Claws

We don't have any plans to produce them at this point, but you never know what we will come up with in the future
Did you try and cut down a pair of Boss Claws first, or are they too hard for MRC use? It seems like you would gain a lot with the Boss Claw sidewall lugs. Which compound Eclipse tires did you use? I have a set of green Eclipse tires on order, but I am trying to think of a way to get sidewall lugs with the Eclipse tread. I think I may just cut my claws outside of the first lug on the sidewall. How tall/wide are your tires?

Last edited by IrishPunk101; 09-20-2010 at 08:33 AM.
IrishPunk101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 11:52 AM   #24
Y-Town Crawlers

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishPunk101 View Post
Did you try and cut down a pair of Boss Claws first, or are they too hard for MRC use? It seems like you would gain a lot with the Boss Claw sidewall lugs. Which compound Eclipse tires did you use? I have a set of green Eclipse tires on order, but I am trying to think of a way to get sidewall lugs with the Eclipse tread. I think I may just cut my claws outside of the first lug on the sidewall. How tall/wide are your tires?
I haven't tried to make a set from 2.2 Boss Claws yet, they weren't out when I built my 1.9 tires

I've built a set with Eclipse buggy tires in the green compound, but they didn't work very well. If you use any of the 1/8th scale buggy tires, be sure to remove the inner webbing from the tire. The webbing keeps the tire from flexing the way it should.
Del Monte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 01:42 PM   #25

You convinced me. I just called and changed my order from green Eclipse to red Boss Claws. The green Eclipse were back ordered anyway. I guess we will see how the Boss Claws work out.
IrishPunk101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 02:14 PM   #26
Y-Town Crawlers

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishPunk101 View Post
You convinced me. I just called and changed my order from green Eclipse to red Boss Claws. The green Eclipse were back ordered anyway. I guess we will see how the Boss Claws work out.
Awesome!

You'll probably have to remove a row or two of lugs from the center of the tire to make them narrow enough to work as a 1.9. The red compound will work out great though
Old 09-20-2010, 06:49 PM   #27
no talent hack

setup looks familiar. hahaha
Nabil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 08:25 PM   #28
Y-Town Crawlers

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-hills4x4 View Post
setup looks familiar. hahaha
Yep
Old 09-20-2010, 08:43 PM   #29
I wanna be Dave

That mini is choice
Jeepkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 02:31 PM   #30
RCC Addict

Just got my eyes on one of the se for the first time today at the lhs. Very cool truck. I do notice some big differences between this truck and the GC3 but I also see a ton of similarities. That being said I would love to get my hands on a front trey!
RickM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 04:45 PM   #31
5th D Owner/Driver

Is that aluminum C's and zero ackerman knuckles I see on the front? When can we expect to see the zero ackerman knuckles in aluminum for sale?
cboggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 05:13 PM   #32
Y-Town Crawlers

Quote:
Originally Posted by cboggs View Post
Is that aluminum C's and zero ackerman knuckles I see on the front? When can we expect to see the zero ackerman knuckles in aluminum for sale?
Yep

The Aluminum C's are already available, and the Zero Ackerman aluminum knuckles will be available in a few weeks.
Old 09-23-2010, 05:32 PM   #33
No idea what I'm doing

I just saw this at the LHS about 20 minutes ago....SOOOOO tempting!! I haven't read up much on this thing, so as soon as I got home, I checked out the MRC section.

Damn it...I have a funny feeling this truck will find it way into my basement
C*H*U*D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 07:00 PM   #34
RCC Addict

I pulled the trigger on one. Really nice in the fact you dont have to do alot to the rig. Just slap on some electronics and win.
DRCrawlGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 08:34 AM   #35
Quarry Creeper

talk some more about the losi setup. Is there any other setup you can compare it to? I was looking at the novak mongoose even though i am not a big fan of novak.
Are you able to stall it ever or will you snap\slip before you do?
kurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 11:34 AM   #36
Y-Town Crawlers

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurt View Post
talk some more about the losi setup. Is there any other setup you can compare it to? I was looking at the novak mongoose even though i am not a big fan of novak.
Are you able to stall it ever or will you snap\slip before you do?
I have my Losi system about as over-geared as possible, and I still don't have any stalling issues.

The drag brake seems more consistant than the other brushless stuff out there too.
Old 09-27-2010, 11:43 AM   #37
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I have my Losi system about as over-geared as possible, and I still don't have any stalling issues.

The drag brake seems more consistant than the other brushless stuff out there too.
Yes I have both and I like the Losi version much better. It seems smoother and more predictable.

Del Monte, you got any video of your MRC Pro running? I would love to see that little 1.9 do some work!
SMR 510RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 07:49 AM   #38
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
The shock cartridges on the MRC Pro have an o-ring added in around the outside of the cartridge. This o-ring has completely taken care of the leakage problems that were common with these shocks.
Jake, can you provide any more information about this? What o-ring? Where did you place it? Base of the cartridge at the bottom of the threads??
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 11:48 AM   #39
Y-Town Crawlers

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyH View Post
Jake, can you provide any more information about this? What o-ring? Where did you place it? Base of the cartridge at the bottom of the threads??
The o-ring is at the base of the cartridge. It replaces the thin wiper seals were included with the original MRC aluminum shocks.

The new cartridges were a running change show they should already be showing up in the new shock kits.
Old 09-28-2010, 12:23 PM   #40
I wanna be Dave

Thanks for the info. What type of o-ring are you using? It sounds like you put it inside the cartridge, is that correct?
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote