Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: NEW Mini stump puller

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2010, 05:08 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default NEW Mini stump puller

i was planing on getting a mini stump puller motor and i was wondering if it was a direct replacment for the stock motor or if i need to modify the motor plate. Next if i get the motor to hot how can i fix it. And do i get the 19 turn one or what turn do i get?Finally do i need to get a different ESC or will the stock one work cause i dont want to get a new ESC unless i absolutly need to i am going to get on possibly a B-day present from my parents.
Thanks you.

EDIT: what is better in you opinion the Stump puller or the Torque Master?

Last edited by Losi man; 10-20-2010 at 05:13 PM.
Losi man is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-20-2010, 07:43 PM   #2
dnf

I have heard alot of guys say they like the stump puller.And I have heard alot of guys say they dont think the brake is strong enough.

If I was gonna choose between the two,I would choose a 22t holmes motor
over the stump puller.
rock hard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 08:13 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

I have both the HH and the Stump Puller. I have just run the Stump puller this season, it is a good motor, others have been using the slider motor with some success and it is cheap like $17. If you use the slider you will need to slightly file down the shaft to fit the pinion on. I started with the stock MRC ESC and had no issues. Like mentioned before the drag break was weak but worked. I switched the pinion to a 10t pinion. It fit with no issue on the stump puller. I had the stock ESC did not have a lipo shutoff. I switched to the mini sidewinder ESC and have not looked back, adjustability and works well.
Hope this helps.
Jslick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 01:31 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

i used to use the slider then a few months ago i started useing losi insane 370 w an fxr. well out performs the slider motor. awsome drag brake feels almost locked. great low end and more speed than i need. usefull for clearing thoe 6-9 inch gaps. i do have a stump puller i my 18r i should try that
chino925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 08:26 AM   #5
RCC Addict

HH motors sure are quality at a great price.
RickM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 09:17 AM   #6
Gold Star Baby!

I used to use the stump puller...and loved it!! Then received info on a motor that claimed to be better...and let me tell you its WAYYYYY better..

Contriband motors....I run the 16 turn with 10 tooth and its faster and alot more drag brake with same settings on my ESC..

contact Rock Hard here on RCC and he can give you good advise as to what turn he offers..

I have been running this motor for 4 comps and LOVE IT !!!!
CRAWLER-DAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 02:19 PM   #7
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jslick View Post
I have both the HH and the Stump Puller. I have just run the Stump puller this season, it is a good motor, others have been using the slider motor with some success and it is cheap like $17. If you use the slider you will need to slightly file down the shaft to fit the pinion on. I started with the stock MRC ESC and had no issues. Like mentioned before the drag break was weak but worked. I switched the pinion to a 10t pinion. It fit with no issue on the stump puller. I had the stock ESC did not have a lipo shutoff. I switched to the mini sidewinder ESC and have not looked back, adjustability and works well.
Hope this helps.
it sounds kind of dangerous but i put my slider motor in a vise and just pressed the pinion on. i didnt want to risk filing down too much on one side to offset the pinion. as long as you put the pressure on the shaft that comes out of the back of the motor you should be fine. my slider motor woke my rig up, and for $17 i dont think you can beat it. i havnt ran the HH or SP but i got a lot of extra power and 2x the wheel speed out of the slider motor. im not positive on the prices of the HH or SP but theyre probably significantly more than the slider motor. the motor does get hot so i would suggest a smaller pinion than stock, and possibly a mini radio shack 30mm fan somewhere.

ryandeputy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 02:53 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

I run a holmes motor and love it. I've also tried a slider great price great wheel speed horrible torque and drag break.

If you want to file down a motor shaft just but the motor in a vice and hook up a power supply. Then while the motoris running apply a file to the shaft until you get down to the size you need.
WarTrader is offline   Reply With Quote