Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: mrc to mrc pro conversion?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2010, 04:38 PM   #1

Post mrc to mrc pro conversion?

I have been looking around and see that Losi sale the mrc pro servo plates and upper links which in guessing would fit on the old mrc and I thought this would be a easy way to convert to a 4 link without acutally making one. If I did this would it be worth doing a complete conversion (e.g. Chassis and that)?
Ryan_m_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-02-2010, 04:45 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Buy a Gatekeeper GC3. They are the original and still the best. All the parts are in one kit for one low price.
doors4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 04:51 PM   #3
Y-Town Crawlers

The MRC Pro upper link mounts fit on the stock MRC with no problems.
To get the most out of the modification, you will need the MRC Pro chassis and links as well.
Del Monte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 12:23 AM   #4
RCC Addict

I was thinking about doing this also but got a great deal on a used CG3 chassis that i couldn't pass up
jimbiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 06:15 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Del Monte View Post
The MRC Pro upper link mounts fit on the stock MRC with no problems.
To get the most out of the modification, you will need the MRC Pro chassis and links as well.
If you get the upper link plates for the axles can you run lower links as upper or would you need to fab some out of all thread or Delrin?

Cheers, Neil
neiloid1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 11:22 AM   #6
Y-Town Crawlers

Quote:
Originally Posted by neiloid1 View Post
If you get the upper link plates for the axles can you run lower links as upper or would you need to fab some out of all thread or Delrin?

Cheers, Neil
The stock lowers are a little bit too long to use as upper links on the Mini PRO.

The upper links for the PRO are available here
http://www.losi.com/Products/Feature...rodId=LOSB1714
Del Monte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 01:25 PM   #7

hi ryan i would well recomend the gc3 i went that way a short time ago and the difference is unbelivable where in the uk are you ??
nevidred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 04:24 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

the pro is an awsome rig. since the mrc has been fading out the picture in our area. we havnt been carrying them in stock. me, jammin311 and alphaQup have been running our again recently and caught some attention at our local indoor course. it made one of the new crawlers want one so i special orderd him the pro since spec wise he would have to do alot less to get it set up. let me tell ya with only lead in the front wheels, that thing performs well out the box even with all his electronics mounted on top of the chassis (fear of mounting his electronics he wanted them to be well protected by the lid)

personally drive a GC2 that was "donated to me" it runs great but just checkin out the pro feels like the chassis like the whole chassis is lighter than on of my side plates. way more adjustments. and i was also surprised that mr CDW liked it. ive never herd him talk like that about anything out the box.
chino925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 12:44 PM   #9

thanks for the advice. oh and i live in the southwest of england wiltishire to be precise
Old 11-04-2010, 06:23 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by doors4u View Post
Buy a Gatekeeper GC3. They are the original and still the best. All the parts are in one kit for one low price.
The original? How do you figure? Are you calling the MRC Pro a copy of the GC3? Or are you saying that Gatekeeper invented the MRC?

Either way, you're about as far from the truth as you can get. I've not owned either chassis, but have inspected both very closely and run both extensively, and I can tell you, other than a TVP chassis for the MRC, there aren't a ton of other similarities.

My advice for you is to quit jumping into people's threads and forcing your opinion. At no point did the OP ask for an opinion about the GC3. He only asked about converting his MRC to a MRC Pro.
EvilTwin v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 06:34 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan_m_c View Post
thanks for the advice. oh and i live in the southwest of england wiltishire to be precise
Where abouts in Wiltshire ? I visit my parents in Mere pretty regularly. If you have good crawling sites and are not too far away it could be good to hook up.
neiloid1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 01:56 AM   #12

I live close to Trowbridge quite close to bath