Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Front Servo Battery Template

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2010, 10:21 AM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Front Servo Battery Template

I am not sure if this will be of help to anyone or not but here goes. I had been looking at my mrc and was looking at the options for the battery placement with a full size servo and I simply was not satisfied with putting the battery on the side of my Wedged chassis. Sooo after a lot of trial and error this is what I have come up with. I am running a hitec servo with a thunderpower 430 3s pack beside it on the front axle. THIS WILL ONLY WORK IF YOU HAVE A WHEEL WIDENER SYSTEM ON THE FRONT. That being said here is the template I used if someone wants to do the same. I will try and get pics of my actual setup soon.

EDIT: I REALIZE THIS IS NOT TO SCALE SO LET ME GET MEASUREMENTS TO YOU ALL.
RickM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-10-2010, 10:45 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Alright. What I posted above is worthless. I have been screwing with this for a bit as I wanted to be able to insert a jpg that would be at scale and simply get us where we wanted to go. I am using a new to me Mac and am not familiar with formatting options. I will keep trying to work on this and get it correct and get it out to you guys. Sorry for being a little aggressive to the punch!
Old 11-10-2010, 01:00 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Default quick suggestion, what do you think?

[if this makes sense]
I made a front servo plate up a while ago (my mate is running it now).
It extended as far as the screws that hold the c knuckles to the axle.
I drilled holes in line with the c knuckle bolt, and made a spacer (hollow alu tube) from the axle upto to the plate, then screwed a 20mm (M2) bolt through the servo plate, down through the spacer and into the Cknuckle/axle.
My thinking was: with a high torque (15kg +) servo, the axle and servo mounts (the three er, fingers that stick up from the axle) are under a lot of strain and can flex. These extra bolts essentially make the axle much more rigid reducing flex from the servo to axle, and from the steering back to the axle.

Dunno what anyone else thinks about it (maybe my mate is now running a super exclusive made-by-me prototype?!!).
Gfresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 03:27 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Thats a really good point. I am not running any support down to the axle. I am also not really running that high torque of a servo either. something around 100 of torque.