Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: MVP v2 build and test

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2010, 10:57 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default AB designs MVP v2 build and test by vn1500

Hi i was lucky enough too be selected to receive one of the prototype MVP v2 from A B Designs (thanks Adam) The following pics are from un-packaging to roller , I'll try to shoe horn my electrics in tomorrow and get some drive time on it .
packaging and directions were excellent

The stuff: loaded MRC axles & trans,jr9100t servo,Mamba max micro pro esc,Castle creations bec,Holmes hobbies mini torque master,losi aluminum wheels,HB red dot rovers,axial drive shafts,overdrive mod in front axle.

modified skid

Chassis assembled

Front 4 link assembled and attatched with front shocks in full droop (front four link is set up like the old stage 2 conversion for an ax10 one link on top one link on bottom,helps with torque twist) also moved the servo back on the servo plate for added clearance and better weight placement

Rear 4 link assembled and installed with shocks in sprung configuration

Underside shot of front & rear 4 link and skid

Ride height

Fully drooped

Flex pics (prop is a 2.2 rover)

Assembled minus electrics

Last edited by vn1500; 12-14-2010 at 11:50 PM.
vn1500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-13-2010, 07:01 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Looks well designed and made. Can't wait for the update.
Jslick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 07:58 AM   #3
RCC Addict

Looking good so far, did you have any issues with binding on the front servo plate? That was one change i know needed made. Ive got the plate redesigned now i just need to get them cut. I also noticed that the rear seamed out of alignment a hair and had to turn the turn buckle 2 turns to even it out. After further examination i noticed the holes on the rear plate were off by about .5 mm. Not sure if it got bumped in the cutting process or what but the cad it on the money.

Did you notice the rear plate link holes being slightly off?

Last edited by Abavuso; 12-13-2010 at 08:03 AM.
Abavuso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 08:59 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abavuso View Post
Looking good so far, did you have any issues with binding on the front servo plate? That was one change i know needed made. Ive got the plate redesigned now i just need to get them cut. I also noticed that the rear seamed out of alignment a hair and had to turn the turn buckle 2 turns to even it out. After further examination i noticed the holes on the rear plate were off by about .5 mm. Not sure if it got bumped in the cutting process or what but the cad it on the money.

Did you notice the rear plate link holes being slightly off?

Cured the front bind with the left upper link mounted on top of the plate and the right upper link mounted under the plate

Rear did seem out just a touch but with a small tweak of the 3 plate mount screw holes it came out parallel with the axle
Old 12-14-2010, 11:02 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Man this little sucker is TIGHT too put any electrics in !!! Got 'em all installed and just drove around the garage and over some shoes , but Friday is the last practice session for my club until we begin the points chase so i'll get too see how it does then . Until then here's a few pics of the "ready too comp" MVP v2 (my rendering) . Found an old carpet car "61 Impala" for the body panels , it even has tail lights

Old 12-15-2010, 02:43 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Nice work, love the chassis.
Gfresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 08:25 AM   #7
RCC Addict

I love it, thats a realy good idea to extend the hood over the servo with a front droop. I cant wsit to see how it works for you. I still havent had the ability to get mine on some non snow covered rocks :( but with the loger upper links in front it seams to stabalize it alot more than with the short links towards the rear of the plate.
Old 12-15-2010, 01:32 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
I love it, thats a realy good idea to extend the hood over the servo with a front droop. I cant wsit to see how it works for you. I still havent had the ability to get mine on some non snow covered rocks :( but with the loger upper links in front it seams to stabalize it alot more than with the short links towards the rear of the plate.
Thanks Adam , and the extra hood protects the servo (a little) . I need to get one of the revised front plates from ya . I can't freakin wait for Friday to get here too run it on some rocks (considering my practice course is under a 4' snow drift) .
Old 12-15-2010, 04:28 PM   #9
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by vn1500 View Post
Thanks Adam , and the extra hood protects the servo (a little) . I need to get one of the revised front plates from ya . I can't freakin wait for Friday to get here too run it on some rocks (considering my practice course is under a 4' snow drift) .

I'm getting a quote for the first run of chassis and I'm going to get a few extra servo plates run off too. I'll send one out to you once I get them.
Old 12-15-2010, 07:43 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
I'm getting a quote for the first run of chassis and I'm going to get a few extra servo plates run off too. I'll send one out to you once I get them.
Thanks Adam
Old 12-17-2010, 06:28 AM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Alrighty then , the MVP v2 goes against a mini Rockshow , a Kamikazee , and an MRC pro tonite . I can't freakin wait to get this little sucker on the rocks (today is gonna take FOREVER) hahahahahahaha . I'll post pics , thoughts , and possible revisions of the truck tomorrow .
Old 12-17-2010, 01:48 PM   #12
RCC Addict

Cant wait to see the results.
Old 12-17-2010, 11:25 PM   #13
Quarry Creeper

Truck did AWESOME
Loved the adjustability of the chassis. Need to make the front upper links longer and further apart where they mount to the servo plate (think Adam has already taken steps to accomodate this).
Truck will do 52 degrees on the crawl board (need to make 4 link adjustments and possibly spring the front) and made a couple of pulls that made my 2.2 struggle. Can't wait for our season to start.
Here's a couple pics.

Last edited by vn1500; 12-18-2010 at 12:29 AM.
Old 12-18-2010, 05:46 AM   #14
RCC Addict

Awesome pictures, im glad all went well on the rocks. I see you got 52degrees on tge traction board, i was able to get 55degrees fully sprung but i had to raise the rear upper links on top of the rear axle plate with a 6mm spacer. It kept the right front wheel down really well that way.
Old 12-18-2010, 07:53 AM   #15
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Awesome pictures, im glad all went well on the rocks. I see you got 52degrees on tge traction board, i was able to get 55degrees fully sprung but i had to raise the rear upper links on top of the rear axle plate with a 6mm spacer. It kept the right front wheel down really well that way.
I was gonna test a little more with link placement too tackle more of an incline . I'd have too move my battery too mount my rear uppers on top . I'm also trying too get this chassis too do ALL things well and not just shine it's a$$ off in one department. I'm gonna try a couple of different servo mounts in front so i can change upper link location and length of the uppers.
Old 01-01-2011, 07:28 AM   #16
RCC Addict

How's the testing going?
Old 01-02-2011, 07:56 PM   #17
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
How's the testing going?
Awesome , sorry it's been a while since an update (there was a big gap in comp dates & with winter here no outdoor testing) , got to comp the MVP v2 today at a WNYRCRC comp . Waiting for results too be posted , but i won 1.9 with the MVP v2 ! Competition was good with beetlejuices , moonbuggies , losi mrc pro's , and skeeter chassis in attendance and workin , but the MVP v2 didn't disappoint .

Changed the front four link mount and tried a couple differnt locations for the rear upper links, went with smaller/lighter li-po's, and sprung the front.

Before my club (N.O.S.T.R.) has our first indoor points comp the only thing i really need or want to change on the MVP v2 is
Front CVD's , first and formost above all else NEEDS MORE STEERING although this has NOTHING too do with the chassis . It's the only thing i need/want to change !!!

THANKS ADAM !!! For a great product
sorry video from today was ummm BAD
i'll get video of our first comp if it kill's me !

Pics from today

First outing results:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comp 3 results

Thanks to all that entered. Thanks to the nostr guys for making the trip.
2.2 pro
1. Mustangboy347 32
2. Vn 1500 37
3. Utah 39
4. Dave Phair 40
5. Bullfrog 49
6. TC 50
7. Articzap 54
8. Mindless 60
9. Raceaholic 63
10. Kirex 64
11. JJ 68
12. Josh 68
13. Dan 70
14. Mike 72
15. Marcia

2.2 sportsman
1. Dave Phair 28
2. Kirex 37
3.Utah 39
4. Mindless 45
5. Josh 48
6.TC 52
7. Dan 53
8. Vn 1500 62
9. Raceaholic 66

1.9 comp
1. Vn 1500 40
2.Kirex 47
3. Utah 55
4. Raceaholic 57
5.Dave 60
6. Bullfrog 61
7. Dan 70

Last edited by vn1500; 01-08-2011 at 07:43 PM.
Old 01-03-2011, 12:14 PM   #18
RCC Addict

Lookin good... I should ahve the revised front and rear plates for you real soon.
Old 01-03-2011, 02:09 PM   #19
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Lookin good... I should ahve the revised front and rear plates for you real soon.
Thanks Adam . No real rush on the plates, I've gotta change all my steering over too 3mm hardware so i'm gonna pull the servo and get a couple of pics of my revised version 4 link plate , too see what ya think.

My sticker guy is back too work and gonna have a couple of AB designs proofs for me by friday at the latest so i'll be shootin those over too ya soon. Thanks again ...

Funny thing is , I didn't even realize that yesterday i comped in NY with a guy (articzap) that just (right after the comp) put one of your Hawk toppers on his XR10 . It just figures i wouldn't find out he has one until i'm home I wanna see it up close , i think it's like the MVP v2 and pictures just don't do it justice
Old 01-08-2011, 01:41 AM   #20
Quarry Creeper

My home club N.O.S.T.R. had our first comp of the 2011 point series, me and the MVP v2 took second in 1.9 comp. Absolutely lovin the MRC with the addition of the MVP v2 chassis!!!