Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Will this get me more flex?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2010, 02:37 AM   #1

Default Will this get me more flex?

Ive read alot of posts where ppl say too much flex is bad, but after doin some crawling today I decided I want more. I was thinkin about getting some adjustable shocks, and adjusting them so theyre longer than stock, then making longer lower links, maybe even bent links.. but will that help me get more flex? I already relocated the top of the shocks to the chassis and did away with the electronics plate thing. what do you think? btw this is on a losi mini rock crawler..almost stock
rwagner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-29-2010, 03:31 AM   #2
dnf

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwagner View Post
Ive read alot of posts where ppl say too much flex is bad, but after doin some crawling today I decided I want more. I was thinkin about getting some adjustable shocks, and adjusting them so theyre longer than stock, then making longer lower links, maybe even bent links.. but will that help me get more flex? I already relocated the top of the shocks to the chassis and did away with the electronics plate thing. what do you think? btw this is on a losi mini rock crawler..almost stock
Well at least your reading
Now,why wont you listen

Look,you should always go with your instincts.
if yo think you want more flex,do it.
But if you find your truck prefers to slinky its way down,instead of climb.
Then your looking to find about 35* of articulation per tire.

For more articulation you can take out any preload in the shocks
you can also use softer springs
you can also lower the shock on the chassis if its an option
and you can look for binds.

What I mean by binds is-look closely at your links,shocks,ect. during articulation is anything hitting? can you space or lower things to get more
motion.
rock hard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 04:10 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

When I got my MRC it still had the 3 link and shocks were mounted in a new hole on the chassis. It would articulate almost 90 degrees with the 3 link. The torque twist was so bad though. It looked cool but was not efficient for competion or anything extreme really... If you want articulation I would keep the 3 link. If your running stock body you may need to chop it a litte for clearance.
ronj18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 11:13 PM   #4

ya when i relocated the shock mounts the torque twist got so bad now i can lay the back axle straight up and down on flat ground. I think im gonna get adjustable shocks and try to tune them in
rwagner is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
flex, shocks