Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Dlux mini build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2011, 06:28 PM   #61
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasper View Post
Nice build thread thanks for sharing.

No problem. I am glad all 5 people who replied are enjoying it. LOL

Took it out for a little pre run today. Glad I did. It needs a lot of tuning. Not the golden child out of the box I was hoping for

It feels really top heavy so I want to bring the height down. I was really happy to get rid of the tiny stock MRC rod ends in favor of the larger traxxas ends all the way around. Now the only problem is that the rod ends are new and not broken in. It does not allow the suspension to move at all and I think this was a lot of the problem today. If I take and extend the shocks all the way it will just drive around like that, it does not settle. I was even thinking of running semi droop until everything breaks in. Anybody else have some input on what I can do?

I dont have my Mongoose setup back from Novak yet so I am running the Mamba and CM 17t motor. It actually does pretty good. Good torque and decent wheel speed. Its good to know that I could run this if I want. I ran some old courses from a previous comp today to make sure my batteries have enough MAH. I can finish the course and then have about a min left over Its going to be tight!
Erik D_lux is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-16-2011, 06:30 PM   #62
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Oh, and since it was so unstable and rolled over all the time, I got to experience how well this buggy rolls itself back over. I am very, very impressed.
Old 03-16-2011, 06:49 PM   #63
I wanna be Dave

Sorry I haven't posted. I usually don't clutter up too many people's build threads. I just lurk and enjoy the read.

Nice job.
EvilTwin v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 07:31 PM   #64
RCC Addict

Paint looks great!
Check your rod ends for clearance, may need to shave(file) them, may need to shave the skid also.
I thought it was a bit high too, not bad though.
I am sure you will get it dialed and be happy with the results.
shelljeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 11:22 AM   #65
I wanna be Dave

This isn't the east coast....lower that bitch!!

I was checking this rig out a couple days ago...it's super clean!!
Nice job Erik
53 willys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 11:48 AM   #66
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53 willys View Post
I was checking this rig out a couple days ago...it's super clean!!
Give him another week or so.
Old 03-17-2011, 01:52 PM   #67
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelljeep View Post
Paint looks great!
Thanks. I cant paint for crap so I actually did all vinyl stickers, even the white background. I am liking it so far. No chance of cracking/peeling is nice. Of course doing complex designs and having it looks sharp is nice too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53 willys View Post
This isn't the east coast....lower that bitch!!
I messed with quite a few things and was able to lower it significantly. I feel much better about it. Didnt have to do a semi droop either which I am afraid of. Suspension feels really good on it now. Does need some break in still.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelljeep View Post
Give him another week or so.
No way buddy! This sucker is going right back on the shelf! I wish we lived closer so I could come over and drive your cars and then leave when they break.
Old 03-17-2011, 02:00 PM   #68
Wanna get? Gotta want.

I didnt really think it was that tall before but driving it said otherwise. A stiff suspension didnt help either.

I have no idea how you guys deal with running stiffer springs than the pinks. I think the pink is too stiff still. I will have to run to the hardware store to see if there is a smaller dia wire springs avail. It would be nice to find something longer too.

1.5" at the belly. I think thats as low as I will need to go? Making it taller is easy.

Before:

After:

Old 03-17-2011, 02:44 PM   #69
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik D_lux View Post
I wish we lived closer so I could come over and drive your cars and then leave when they break.
That's just mean.
I've dealt with that enough already, thank God my friends all have rigs now.

That's nice and low now.
If you don't have to deal with many breakovers that should work really well! I like the geometry.
Throttle will help it jump up the breakovers too, we know you know all about that.
So you have a plotter, cut your own vinyl?

Edit- Did you get a new RTR weight yet?
Old 03-17-2011, 04:17 PM   #70
Wanna get? Gotta want.

I am hoping the Mongoose will help me jump. Thats going to be the final detail. Wondering if it does not work so well if I should try the 8.5t or the 18.5t? I have lots of room to adjust the trans from a 50t spur up to the 60t spur.

I really like the geometry when its lowered too.

I dont have a plotter, just a cutter. Feel free to let me know if you need anything.

RTR is 2lb 15oz, almost 3lb. That is also with over 5.5oz of knuckle weights per side.
Old 07-02-2011, 12:17 AM   #71
Got Worms?

Damit, now i really want to build a mrc, i have the worms a chromo and a hd. But i'll need everything else...i think i better wait till have the cash to do this right, i'm like you i gotta have the best.

I've always had an idea about a losi super...i actually built one but snapped cvd pins left and right. But i never considered a mini using lcc axles. Would it be smart to start with a mrc pro?
losikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 10:42 AM   #72
Wanna get? Gotta want.

I dont think the pro would be the best choice to start wth. The car turns out to be custom except for MRC driveshafts, and chassis. I cant really think of too much other that you could pull off the pro.

The best thing about this car is that it is bullet proof. I have not fixed a single thing on this car. Cant say so much for it in the 2.2 form and I would guess that I would have had quite a few issues with a MRC setup. The only downsides I have found are that the servo sits a bit higher making rollovers a bit harder. Also extreme wheel speed is not there. It is average in wheel speed in our club, just not fast and youre not jumping any gaps with it. I want faster.
Old 07-02-2011, 04:26 PM   #73
RCC Addict

You made a comment about stuff breaking. With my 2.2 it is pretty bulletproof with the berg. Now my mini has become my constant wrench factory. I keep popping stuff left and right, so you are right.
RickM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 08:40 PM   #74

Cool build!
birddog59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 06:34 AM   #75
RCC Addict

Great build. Walk us through something. Thinking about the mini t trans, how do you get around the lack of a locker on it? You might have already mentioned that but I thought I saw something different on that.
Old 07-03-2011, 11:56 AM   #76
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickM View Post
Great build. Walk us through something. Thinking about the mini t trans, how do you get around the lack of a locker on it? You might have already mentioned that but I thought I saw something different on that.
The locker for the MRC squeezes into place. If I were to do it again I would take a touch off the diameter of the locker. Works as is though.
Old 07-03-2011, 10:23 PM   #77
RCC Addict

What motor have you settled on?
Old 07-04-2011, 01:16 AM   #78
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickM View Post
What motor have you settled on?
I havent.

Right now I am running the insane motor because people were saying it was almost too fast. I think the RM 17t was faster. I have seen a stump puller in action and it was pretty nuts. I think that will be my next motor, I just cant seem to find them in stock. Either that or Paul was saying he might have a lower turn RM motor that I could try.
Old 07-04-2011, 12:42 PM   #79
Quarry Creeper

Insane build what is your axle with now?
thomass14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 04:01 PM   #80
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass14 View Post
Insane build, what is your axle with now?
I believe you mean "width"??
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote