Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: My "M"vp build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2011, 05:13 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default My "M"vp build

Ok first off this chassis is sweet. Once I receive my shocks in the mail I will really be able to give it hell. The only problem I had was finding servo posts. I ended up using some redcat racing posts from my lhs. Electronics: stock motor, hitec 645, spek receiver, mamba25 glued to tranny, turnigy lipo i beleive its a 500 mah. I highly recomend this chassis, only thing to consider is get small electronics. A mini spektrum receiver fits nicely between the chassis plates up front and the battery slides right in the rear. I yet to get some nice lexan panels but really the chassis looks awesome by itself. One of the best bodiless rigs out imo. I made my own upper links with some 40 cent screws from a hardware store with traxxas ends. Went with rc bros high steer knuckles and high steer link. In the pics you may notice the servo posts a bit tall, I just have not dremmeled them off yet. My crappy shocks are extremely limiting my flex, but climbs great. Any recomendations will be appreciated. I hope my hot racing shocks fit and perform...
http://s1132.photobucket.com/albums/...1/Mvp%20build/
ronj18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-07-2011, 09:15 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Nicely done, I found that the MRC Pro Uppers links worked very well with the new front plate. And the uppers.
Abavuso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 10:05 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

Thanks I will keep that in mind, I don't think I will be changing the front mounting upper link holes for a while because tightening the servo to the plate is a pain.
Old 01-07-2011, 11:28 PM   #4
RCC Addict

It will give you a little better stability with the longer reach. I'm working out an eletronics issue at the moment, I think I'm going to finaly have to get a BEC in my MRC to fix the problems. Hopefuly I have it dialed in by next weekend and the snow goes away for the comp comming up.
Abavuso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 06:28 AM   #5
Rock Stacker

Then I will get some links before the weather here gets nice. I have a BEC on its way, that will fit nicely between the 2 chassis plates, just don't need one screwing around in my basement, the snow is keeping me in as well.....
Old 01-11-2011, 03:28 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

If that was a little bit of a self pic there you need a hair cut! Nice looking rig!
WarTrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 10:49 AM   #7
Rock Stacker

Lol thanks, just got a castle bec in and new shocks updated pics soon....