Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: few questions???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2011, 03:35 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default few questions???

hi there i have recently bought a second hand mrc with quite a few upgrades
but there was a set of spare chassis rails but i duno weather to fit them or not could some one help the mrc currntly has the stock chassis rails but would these one be better?

and i have noticed thats the steering isnt the best what can i do to improve this?
j4k3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-16-2011, 04:14 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Hi, welcome to the world of mini crawlers!

by the look of it, those chassis side plates look nice, probably better than the stock, they look stronger, and have more holes for mounting the shocks and upper links (=more adjustability).
I would eyeball them against the stock plates and see if there are holes for the body posts, shocks, upper and lower links etc -before you tear it down to find it won't fit!

Steering on a stock MRC is ok, whilst stock.
First remember these crawlers generally have a HUGE turning circle due to having all three diffs locked (the axles and tires are constantly fighting one anothe - but thats how it is - you need locked diffs for crawling!)
If you still have stock steering servo, its not very strong and does benifit from being upgraded to a higher spec min sevo, or even a full size servo (browse this forum for tips)
If you still have the spring loaded servo horn, replace it with a solid version (one came in the kit - if you were given it when you bought if from the previous owner). This solid servo arm will improve steering slightly (as it will not flex under loads like the springy one).
Check your steering over for any binding and stiffness (easiest way is to remove the servo link then turn steering by hand, feeling for tightness).
Steering amount can be increased, but it means buying or modding parts (CVD shafts, zero ackerman setup, are words to look for).

Post some photos if you can, everyone likes to have a look, then help out with suggestions.

Have fun!
Gfresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 04:14 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

p.s. where in England are you?
Gfresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 04:52 AM   #4
Rock Stacker

ok well its in bits atm will get some pics up in a bit

im from norfolk in the u.k
j4k3 is offline   Reply With Quote