Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Shocks!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2011, 03:35 PM   #1

Default Shocks!!!

What are good shocks for competition.I want to make my mini crawler competition ready.
jgarrard88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-17-2011, 04:01 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

What chassis you running buddy?
neiloid1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 06:32 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by neiloid1 View Post
What chassis you running buddy?
I'm running stock. I'm practically new to this. Sorry for my stupity.
Old 01-17-2011, 07:14 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

There's gonna be alot to do to be comp ready, start looking at build threads and seeing what others are doing on their comp rigs, shocks alone won't help you.
bizzyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 07:55 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

very true to check out what other guys are running i have seen some run the losi mini crawler shocks and some even the vendetta shocks.
nytuber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 03:46 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

I believe you can do a lot with the stock model, sure it will need money to buy some stuff. I built a very capable near comper fom stock. Spent little on it (mainly shocks, servo, tires)

Losi threaded alu shocks are a good place to start. But like said above there is a lot of work to be done, start with the main things,

(in no particular order)
Tires (try HB Rovers for big increase in grip and hook up) [and proper beadlock wheels if you can stretch to it (try making your own - search for losi beadlock mod)
Weights to front wheels (stick around 2oz of lead in each wheel)
Servo (uprated torque needed once you get weight and tyres etc,)
Diff lockers (upgrade to metal - the plastic stock will twsit out pretty quick once yet start getting serious!)

That will get you started for buying parts, there are lots you can do for free, (check out oher threads), suggestions being:

Limit shock travel (too much articulation at stock = binding up in twisty rocks)- some rubber fuel tubing (1/4inch maybe) at the bottom of the shock rod.
Place electronics lower down (RX and ESC on thin plastic sheets, mounted on upper links), Battery over front servo (double sided foam tape).
Get rid of most of battery tray (cut out the centre section, only the ends needed to spread the chassis and locate the upper shock mount)
Practice (lots) - no good having a great rig if you don't know how to drive it.

Lots of fun and learning to be had using the stocker, and then progressing - modding as you go. Practice slow and careful driving, find the balance and tipping points etc etc.

Have fun and good luck.

G
Gfresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 03:47 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gfresh View Post
I believe you can do a lot with the stock model, sure it will need money to buy some stuff. I built a very capable near comper fom stock. Spent little on it (mainly shocks, servo, tires)

Losi threaded alu shocks are a good place to start. But like said above there is a lot of work to be done, start with the main things,

(in no particular order)
Tires (try HB Rovers for big increase in grip and hook up) [and proper beadlock wheels if you can stretch to it (try making your own - search for losi beadlock mod)
Weights to front wheels (stick around 2oz of lead in each wheel)
Servo (uprated torque needed once you get weight and tyres etc,)
Diff lockers (upgrade to metal - the plastic stock will twsit out pretty quick once yet start getting serious!)

That will get you started for buying parts, there are lots you can do for free, (check out oher threads), suggestions being:

Limit shock travel (too much articulation at stock = binding up in twisty rocks)- some rubber fuel tubing (1/4inch maybe) at the bottom of the shock rod.
Place electronics lower down (RX and ESC on thin plastic sheets, mounted on upper links), Battery over front servo (double sided foam tape).
Get rid of most of battery tray (cut out the centre section, only the ends needed to spread the chassis and locate the upper shock mount)
Practice (lots) - no good having a great rig if you don't know how to drive it.

Lots of fun and learning to be had using the stocker, and then progressing - modding as you go. Practice slow and careful driving, find the balance and tipping points etc etc.

Have fun and good luck.

G
I appreciate you time on replying to this thread.These tips will help me.