Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Wider wheel hexes out there than these?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2011, 10:40 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Wider wheel hexes out there than these?

wanting to run rc4wd 1.9 python wheels....but the are rubbing on the hubs when i tighten them down due to offset....i found these wich are 8mm
http://cgi.ebay.com/Losi-Mini-Crawle...item2eb2d461d5

are there any that are even wider?
jeepster73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-26-2011, 10:58 AM   #2

http://www.ckrccrawlers.com/gmade-22...mm-p-2708.html
Seth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 06:10 PM   #3
RCC Addict

The cool thing about the gmades that seth points out is you can run knuckle weights with them and I was able to use BWD rims and make it all fit perfectly under 8 inches. One major word of warning though. If you run the junfac gmades be sure to check the binding between the axle/knuckle bearing and make sure it is not binding. The widener is built for a larger 2.2 pin and the 1.9 may allow it to crank down to far against the axle or knuckle and create binding. At least that is what mine is doing.
RickM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 02:27 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickM View Post
The cool thing about the gmades that seth points out is you can run knuckle weights with them and I was able to use BWD rims and make it all fit perfectly under 8 inches. One major word of warning though. If you run the junfac gmades be sure to check the binding between the axle/knuckle bearing and make sure it is not binding. The widener is built for a larger 2.2 pin and the 1.9 may allow it to crank down to far against the axle or knuckle and create binding. At least that is what mine is doing.
I experienced similar with my (non Junfac widener, but similar design) wideners.
They tightened up and jammed up.
Easy fix for me was to file the inner face down, so there is less material between the pin and the bearing, just go easy when tightening (I broke a pin by over tightening), and use some thread lock (blue) on the wheel nut/barrel. All good now.
Gfresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 08:39 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

http://rcpcrawlers.com/product.php?p...&cat=17&page=1
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 09:10 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyH View Post
Jeremy,
Do you have the part you linked above? I was just curious about the exact dimensions. I assume they are 12mm hexes or you wouldn't have posted, but the width is unclear. On the webpage they are described as 1/4" wide which according to my calculations is only 6.35 mm. The stock hexes on the MRC Pro are 8 mm wide and I am looking for hexes wider than that, but shorter than the G-made ones.

Eric
ebportman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 09:44 AM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Yes, I have the hexes sitting here. They measure at 10.4mm (or 0.41") from outer edge to outer edge. It appears that the 0.25" quoted on RCP's site is from the inner edge of the milled out area for the hex pin to the outer edge of the hex.

I hope this helps.
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote