RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Losi Mini-Rock Crawler (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/losi-mini-rock-crawler/)
-   -   Help Me Beef Up My MRC!!!!!! (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/losi-mini-rock-crawler/295929-help-me-beef-up-my-mrc.html)

Bananaclip 01-28-2011 11:51 AM

Help Me Beef Up My MRC!!!!!!

I am a MRC super rookie and am looking to beef up my axles and transmission. I will be running these in a tj scale rig but am looking for some streangth from my drivetrain. What parts are you guys running to beef up these little guy's? Also does the HR metal tranny gears eliminate the need for a tranny locker?"thumbsup"

jammin311 01-28-2011 12:01 PM

get some lockers for the axle. I dont know about the gears and get some MIP drive shafts and you should be good oh and alum C's and knockles

Gfresh 01-28-2011 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jammin311 (Post 2891436)
get some lockers for the axle. I dont know about the gears and get some MIP drive shafts and you should be good oh and alum C's and knockles

Don't forget the metal locker for the transmission.
With the axle diffs upgraqded to metal lockers, the tranny with metal locker, and maybe some metal drive shafts, its pretty tough.

To futher improve axle strength, replace the four screws that hold the axle casing together (the four that surround the diff bulge/pumpkin), replace with longer screws and nuts (stops the axle halves spreading under high loads - gears can strip if this happens (We are talking high loads though.)

Drifter_X 01-28-2011 08:12 PM

It's really not worth the money to get the HR gears for the trans just install all three Losi lockers also the mip drive shafts.

run2jeepn 01-28-2011 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drifter_X (Post 2892256)
It's really not worth the money to get the HR gears for the trans just install all three Losi lockers also the mip drive shafts.

I disgree... I upgarded all my stuff with HR and never looked back. My Tranny had a Losi lock in it and I stripped the tranny gears. Installed the HR Gears and I'm golden now.

Must in my book.
HR C-Hub's
HR Rear Lock-Outs
HR Tranny Gears
HR Lockers
RCBro's Knuckles
Losi CVD's
MIP DriveShafts

Drifter_X 01-29-2011 05:38 AM

I installed the HR trans gears and they lasted a week. for the 25 bux that they cost I can replace the stock trans gears about three times.

98sahara 01-29-2011 07:10 AM

drifter something must be wrong with your setup idk but i am apt to believe what run2jeepn says

Robotboy 01-29-2011 11:09 AM

I used the HR gears all last season. Just pulled apart the tranny for winter maint. and there is absolutely no wear. Highly recomended. PS, no need for locker with the HR gears. "thumbsup"

rockhales 03-01-2011 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by run2jeepn (Post 2892740)
I disgree... I upgarded all my stuff with HR and never looked back. My Tranny had a Losi lock in it and I stripped the tranny gears. Installed the HR Gears and I'm golden now.

Must in my book.
HR C-Hub's
HR Rear Lock-Outs
HR Tranny Gears
HR Lockers
RCBro's Knuckles
Losi CVD's
MIP DriveShafts

Pm sent

CrawlinClodKiller 03-01-2011 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robotboy (Post 2893212)
I used the HR gears all last season. Just pulled apart the tranny for winter maint. and there is absolutely no wear. Highly recomended. PS, no need for locker with the HR gears. "thumbsup"

Wish I had known that part a few weeks ago. Could have saved some money. Oh well now I have extra.

DareDiver 04-15-2011 09:13 AM

anyone know what kind of diff lube to use when i install my HR lockers. thanks.

Slaughter 04-15-2011 02:39 PM

Cheap bearing grease from the auto store. $3 for a can.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DareDiver (Post 3044665)
anyone know what kind of diff lube to use when i install my HR lockers. thanks.

Snipervision 04-28-2011 08:39 PM

I like bearing grease with lithium. About $4 for a tube that will last your entire crawling career."thumbsup"

papabash 04-28-2011 08:47 PM

I recommend NOT going with the "upgraded" straight axles for the rear. I have bent 2 of them so far (they last about 1 comp with luck). I went back to the original dogbone axles in the rear and have had no problems since.