Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: bwd mini wedge vs gc-3

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2011, 04:02 AM   #1

Default bwd mini wedge vs gc-3

i have read nothing but great things about both, yet the price difference is incredible. the bwd chassis kit LOOKs amazing, but the 90+ s&h is whoa compared to the 45$ of a gc3. now i know this is probably an anoying thread but still i gotta ask, which one and why? seems i cant go wrong either way but still... thanks in advance
sdfitted is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-09-2011, 04:09 AM   #2
dnf

Man its really hit and miss..

I like Austin,and his chassis performs great for alot of guys,but I just couldnt drive the thing,but the wedge is working for me.
I know several guys who absolutly love thier gc3,so really its gonna be alot to do with preference,cuz both chassis have good geometry.
rock hard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 04:24 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock hard View Post
Man its really hit and miss..

I like Austin,and his chassis performs great for alot of guys,but I just couldnt drive the thing,but the wedge is working for me.
I know several guys who absolutly love thier gc3,so really its gonna be alot to do with preference,cuz both chassis have good geometry.

i hear what your saying, thanks.
Old 02-09-2011, 06:27 AM   #4
RCC Addict

I've had both. Sold my gc3 to a guy who beat me with it at our last comp but the top three were wedge drivers..... I think. I like my wedge just fine though.
RickM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 06:41 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Both are quality chassis with good designs. I know the first release of the CG3 had some qc issues. had to do some filing here and there to get everything to work without binding. I've heard that those problems were corrected.

I've seen both in action and with the right driver, either can win. Personally, I've been happy with my T1e's, but was tempted to try a Wedge.
EvilTwin v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 03:01 PM   #6

thanks to those who replied, seems like i just have to pick one and try it out!
Old 02-09-2011, 03:33 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdfitted View Post
thanks to those who replied, seems like i just have to pick one and try it out!
Yes.

The difference with any of them and stock is so huge, you're going to be amazed.
EvilTwin v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 03:59 PM   #8

awesome thats exactly what im looking forward too
Old 02-09-2011, 06:30 PM   #9
Rock Stacker

I love my gc3 it amazes me every time I take it out.
Drifter_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 11:19 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

I might be biased but I love everything about the wedge. The geometry is spot on and with the narrowed rear on the skid and the rise to the rear it clears breakovers that others really have to fight to get over.
bigflex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 02:48 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigflex View Post
I might be biased but I love everything about the wedge. The geometry is spot on and with the narrowed rear on the skid and the rise to the rear it clears breakovers that others really have to fight to get over.
even though it might be a taaad bias i appreciate it, thats the stuff i wanna hear! the little details thanks!
Old 02-10-2011, 11:47 AM   #12
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigflex View Post
I will agree, i have not run a gc3 but the wedge is a great chassis well worth the $$
scatterbrains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 10:42 PM   #13

The price I previously mentioned for the bwd kit was 90 that's including motor plate so minus motor plate its 72 which is reasonable on my budget, I am still running stock electronices and I assume I can get away with out the motor plate, but is it a necessity or bling factor when I do get a motor and run 3s?
Old 02-10-2011, 10:47 PM   #14
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdfitted View Post
The price I previously mentioned for the bwd kit was 90 that's including motor plate so minus motor plate its 72 which is reasonable on my budget, I am still running stock electronices and I assume I can get away with out the motor plate, but is it a necessity or bling factor when I do get a motor and run 3s?
It does look good but it is definetly more of a necessity thang a bling part. The stock motor plate flex's like mad. The BWD motor plate is super stiff. It will totally eliminate motor flex and keep your gear mesh perfect. I know with my motor setup I chewed up several gears with the stock plate. Haven't had a single problem sense I swapped over to the BWD motor plate. I would say it is well worth the investment.
bigflex is offline   Reply With Quote